Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Here is what happens with a 120 boost char just doing the questlines and some WQs:

This is just silly, unlocking rank 1 essences for all alts will open for more character progression instead of regression.

A simple change with no downsides that will open up the progression for all our characters and make the game much more enjoyable.

What are your thoughts on this?
    SO pathetic...

Blizzard is already selling you max level boosts and this isn't enough for you? You even want them to unlock everything at maxlvl for you too? How about they give you 440 item level too? Like dude, if you don't want to alt, then don't play an alt. If anything at least you get all these rank 1 essences by just doing a variety of the max level content and thus it's not a grind at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    When i made a post about this during 8.3 ptr i got the following replies:

- omg char progression cant be accountwide
    - omg all my "hard" work is given away to newbs
    - you should work for your essences and play the game
    - i did the hard work and spend x many hours and so do you
    - essences arent required for any content they are merely a small bonus
    - none of the essences take time to be gained

So, i do believe now after my well intended post back then, no essences shouldnt be baseline with than upgrades to rank 2 or 3 or even reduced costs for all essences (not only the rep ones)

/sarcasm off

They should have been baseline or made a better catch up mechanic for essences with 8.3 release.
    You and OP are people that made this game as shitty as it in the first place.

I'd like to point out (correct me if I'm wrong) the fact these are the only BFA alt catch up bonuses for endgame content:

Account wide flight paths unlock
    Account wide cache of war ressources
    Rank 4 Memory of Lucid, visual only

The Heart of Azeroth catch up doesn't count because it's available for everyone, regardless it's your main or alt and not something you unlocked with your main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's fine to disagree, but part of the problem is not understanding why they aren't doing it. Asking essences to be account bound in some fashion (other than cosmetic Rank 4) is similar to asking all your alts be as geared as your main at all times. You are wanting to share your power from your main to your alts which would be the same thing as giving them your same gear. People have issues with the gear part, but not the essences which makes no sense.

Making them account bound is definitely not the answer, except again the cosmetic rank since it is no gain. A solution that would work is reducing the amount of time by 1/4 to 1/2 of what it is, ie you need 30k HK's make it 15k - 22.5k instead.

Which is it? Make it account bound or speed it up? You can't argue both ways and flip flop based on responses.

How is that different than gear?
    Except we already have gear to be that differentiating aspect, essences don't also need to be there on top. They made the CoA +neck stuff account wide already because it was fucking dumb, essences are the same shit.

Make it account wide by obviously, but if they refuse to do that, it needs to be sped up baseline and/or sped up massively via skill. And I can definitely argue both.

I can have my guild bring my alt/new character to mythic EP(or heroic/mythic Ny'alotha) and funnel me gear. I'm now more or less caught up on gear thanks to doing hard(and enjoyablel content. Essences don't allow for any of that. I wouldn't even be able to use the R4 CLF that I might've looted from Azshara. I could also do higher M+ to gear up faster.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-02-02 at 11:08 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    SO pathetic...

Blizzard is already selling you max level boosts and this isn't enough for you? You even want them to unlock everything at maxlvl for you too? How about they give you 440 item level too? Like dude, if you don't want to alt, then don't play an alt. If anything at least you get all these rank 1 essences by just doing a variety of the max level content and thus it's not a grind at all.

- - - Updated - - -

do you even understand that to get Account wide stuff you have to unlock it anyway ????

here is your new Allied Race have fun leveling it but dont forget on Max Level you are fucking Trash unless you spend 5 weeks + farming. Enjoy

SO pathetic...

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the devs did that, little known fact. They're the ones who insist on tying random shit content to the best rewards, forcing you to do them to be relevant in the actual good content. Gear was always enough character progression(before they ruined that with titanforging). AP, essences etc are and always were unnecessary bloat that cause more issues than they solve.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s not a difficulty issue, it’s a TIME issue.

It’s unbelievable how after 15 years nolifers cannot understand that there are GOOD players that simply don’t have ENDLESS TIME to play so everything that avoids doing the same thing 800 times is more than welcome.
    Why do these players without TIME have the desire to play 10 alts?
    This account wide shit needs to stop.
    It's a damn alt, it's not attaching 3 extra specs to your character.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-02-02 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    To do the content they enjoy on more characters? Either to fill out the play time they do have or just to try something else for a while.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    1. You don't need all essences.
    2. The top ones are easy to get, it will take maybe a day of gameplay to gather them you will also need to gear up too.
    3. Alting is a commitment. If you choose to have several alts, you need to understand the consequances. The game is not designed around having multiple characters.
    This just isn't true, especially not anymore. And actually I do need basically all essences, the only real exception is Cripple in Space.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The sad truth is Blizzard knows that 8.3 is the last patch they are putting out until Shadowlands and they see Essences as a way to get people to keep playing for longer so the sub drop off doesn't happen as fast. Blizzard doesn't care about good game mechanics or "fun". They care about numbers they can report to shareholders and money.

They might add account wide essences 3 - 5 months from now after enough people leave in hopes of bringing a few back at that point but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2020-02-02 at 11:40 AM.

Yeah this is definitely a problem. The saving grace of this situation is that you can get one or two powerful ones fairly easily, and then the rest you can get in 8.3 pretty much

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ow i actually forgot this one reason in my list.
    Thanks for reminding me, it was actually said aswell in the other topic.

The reply doesnt make sense at all and it baffles me.
    How is asking for a QoL change, which would make me play the ''real'' content more than some arbitrary grinds in zones and with bodyguards that arent relevant anymore ruining the game?

Many of the people asking for change would actually play more on basically all fronts (raids / pvp / m+ etc) if we didnt have too bother soo much with essences.
    Not too mention the essences aren't any challenge to be gained at all. (not even rank 4s except Vision)

So please tell me, how the game is going to hell because of asking for changes to such a flawed system as Essences.
    But i reckon you wont reply at all or say: but essences are power progression so you cant have it.

No real arguments have yet been posted saying why asking for changes to essences will ''break'' the game.

1. You don't need all essences.
    2. The top ones are easy to get, it will take maybe a day of gameplay to gather them you will also need to gear up too.
    3. Alting is a commitment. If you choose to have several alts, you need to understand the consequances. The game is not designed around having multiple characters.
    1. Well, not sure under which rock you are living and playing but just look up the essences, the time needed for them and the uses you have for any given essence for any given class or specc.

Most essences can / have to be changed around depending on encounters / M+ affixes etc etc.
    Different dps speccs require different essences.
    Same goes for tanks and dps speccs.

2. The top ones? And you are referring to which essences? Since they differ per class / specc and uses.

3. Agreed till a certain point. Although we get skips left and right because we did X already with another char (cloak has a skip / BFA Intro has skips) etc etc.
    We did get catch up mechanics on essences, which barely were enough in my eyes (Mechagon / Nazjatar ones) Rest should have been changed aswell.

We do get catch up gear for new / returning / alt players, however essences need to be grinded for weeks on end because X?

You might not realize, but the driving force behind MANY ingame activities such as pug raids / M+ runs and many other stuff is actually possible because of people playing alts. (or atleast increases the amount of runs possible each week)

And it being a commitment, to some degree yes. But why the skewed decisions: catch up X but for Y we cant do anything in terms of speeding it up because Y.
    I dont and wont believe that the majority of the playerbase isnt playing atleast 1 alt, they might have stopped playing it now due to the essences and the cloak.

The game revolves around roleplaying and experiencing the world and many people want to make full use of that and play multiple characters because of it. And people pay for the game and want to fully experience it by seeing both sides of the story or just play different roles within the content they like to play.

------------------------------

Also: if i do decide to play and alt and you dont.
    But i gain an advantage because my main character did unlock the content at the same pace / same timeframe / same requirements as you

Where is the harm in having a catch up mechanic for my alt? If you dont wanna play alts, thats fine.
    But there is nothing hurt in that system and doesnt change anything for anyone.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2020-02-02 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    we need to add stupid chores that you need to repeat on every character instead.
    Thankfully - BfA doesn't have that problem... I'd stop playing what ever game as turned into a job for you there.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm living in a house, thank you for asking, I assume you're the one living there judging your rudeness.
    If you call that rude, sure. Just using an idiom to describe the fact you only looked at it from 1 perspective and apparently one class.

I've switched to an arcane mage and all I need is resonance (do island expeditions), pvp one (do some ranked arenas), beam (from mythic) and new ones from question in Visions
    Hence my remark about which essences you consider the top ones. Since they differ per class so they arent as easy as you say for all classes.

I don't wanna read your comments, so please don't bother answering.
    Why is that?
    Because i debunked all your points towards this discussion?
    Or because you think that forums are a 1 way street to post your replies and you cant have any discussion at all?

I would consider this rude instead of my used idiom in the other reply.
    You really expected me to not reply because you typed this? Haha
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2020-02-02 at 01:18 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because you're rude and blinded by 'omg blizzard are bad but i'm still playing' so whatever. I will pray for you.
    1. good job not reading my comments, because you really didnt.
    2. No need to pray for me. Ill do fine without it.
    3. Blinded by OMG blizzard is bad, and that is how exactly? Nice assumption aswell btw.
    4. Getting insulted or feeling that you are treated badly or rude because i used an idiom is funny in itself. (especially since this idiom in question did summarize your argument pretty well)

I never said anything or posted anything among the lines of: omg blizzard are bad but i am still playing nor did i imply this.
    Simply gave feedback towards the system of essences which is discussed in this thread and how in my opinion this could have been made better and more friendly in 8.3.

But i guess, giving feedback and saying that certain gameplay aspects are implemented badly =/= omg blizzard bad but i have to play because i so addict.

Once again, nice having a discussion with you.

Edit: You however, are acting rude because you are going after me personally now.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2020-02-02 at 01:33 PM.

As a returning player I enjoy the essences, it gives me something to work towards.

But if I had to do it again on a second character I'd probably throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Thankfully - BfA doesn't have that problem... I'd stop playing what ever game as turned into a job for you there.
    BfA absolutely has that problem. So did Legion. In order to be even remotely competitive in the content I enjoy doing(raids and M+), I have to do WQs, PvP, dailies, islands and long story quests on every character in order to get AP, essences and gear.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm living in a house, thank you for asking, I assume you're the one living there judging your rudeness. I've switched to an arcane mage and all I need is resonance (do island expeditions), pvp one (do some ranked arenas), beam (from mythic) and new ones from question in Visions. It literally took me a day to get all of them and my dps didn't dramatically jumped because they are not essential. I don't wanna read your comments, so please don't bother answering.
    So you're only missing the AP one(which happens more or less naturally, I guess) and Rustbolt to have the main ones to swap between, and maybe BotE for M+. All R3, of course.
    And obviously Lucid once you switch to the objectively more powerful Fire.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-02-02 at 02:30 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Not to mention that in the coming weeks with the increased Catch-up mechanic, alts may have neck at lvl 75 by just doing intro content.
    The baseline of the neck is 50, it is not that difficult to get to at least 70 now doing minimal content. I do nothing more than dailies and world quest and have 14 characters with a neck to at least level 70, that was before 8.3 dropped. It sounds like you like to whine about doing content and doing so on a boosted character. You are lucky from the standpoint of not having to grind out all 120 levels on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    The baseline of the neck is 50, it is not that difficult to get to at least 70 now doing minimal content. I do nothing more than dailies and world quest and have 14 characters with a neck to at least level 70, that was before 8.3 dropped. It sounds like you like to whine about doing content and doing so on a boosted character. You are lucky from the standpoint of not having to grind out all 120 levels on that character.
    Non-boosted characters need to go from 35, which takes a while because neck levels don't go below 1k AP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    How did you manage to unlock the cloak at lvl 110
    Easy! I did it by being 10 levels higher than 110 (which was obviously a typo).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s not a difficulty issue, it’s a TIME issue.

It’s unbelievable how after 15 years nolifers cannot understand that there are GOOD players that simply don’t have ENDLESS TIME to play so everything that avoids doing the same thing 800 times is more than welcome.
    Said while running the same raids over and over, the same dungeons, the same quests/leveling experience etc, etc....

And while my large number of characters might come across as 'nolifing' WoW, I generally only play 2 or 3 hours a day - I make time for other games, fitness, art etc. The difference between me and some people here is that I make smart use of that time, as opposed to spending portions of it whining on a forum about every little thing in WoW that isn't just the way I'd like it to be.

Also I didn't realize that people had to get to Friendly w/Mechagon 800 times to unlock level 1 essences, my sincerest apologies.

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Nailed it.

"Reeeee I don't have time to do the same shit over and over, but I want to play 20 toons all with rank 4 essences and mythic raid gear, now now NOW!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nailed it.

"Reeeee I don't have time to do the same shit over and over, but I want to play 20 toons all with rank 4 essences and mythic raid gear, now now NOW!"
    Yeah, weird how people want to spend their play time on content they enjoy(raids, for example) instead of shit content they don't enjoy.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU