Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This is why leadership in the party matters. Perez for the most part has shown almost none, and the the leadership he has shown has been terrible.
    I mean, he was responsible for the 2018 Blue Wave that everyone loved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, it was absolutely ignored. The electoral college made sure of it. Millions of voices were ignored.

The only voices that matter in presidential elections are those in battle ground states. That's it.
    I live in NY. I still sure as shit went out and voted for Hillary. You know why? Because it sends a statement about who I am and what I believe in. It's also why I don't understand why some people get upset at the "personal nature" of asking who they voted for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was absolutely ignored. The electoral college made sure of it. Millions of voices were ignored.

The only voices that matter in presidential elections are those in battle ground states. That's it.
    No that is not true, Voting matters, but me saying that isn't me saying whether YOU should vote or not, don't get confused, I am saying you should be educated, learn first what the problem is, because right now you are just spouting nonsense echoed by mostly people who couldn't be bothered in the first place.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well not voting means you forfeit your right to complain about the govt.

No that is not true, Voting matters, but me saying that isn't me saying whether YOU should vote or not, don't get confused, I am saying you should be educated, learn first what the problem is, because right now you are just spouting nonsense echoed by mostly people who couldn't be bothered in the first place.
    The only votes that matter are the ones in battleground states because that's how our idiotic system is designed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well not voting means you forfeit your right to complain about the govt.
    No, it does not.

No, it does not.
    What gives you the right to complain when you made the conscious decision not to participate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I live in NY. I still sure as shit went out and voted for Hillary. You know why? Because it sends a statement about who I am and what I believe in. It's also why I don't understand why some people get upset at the "personal nature" of asking who they voted for.
    The Perez hate is like the hate that Pelosi gets. They see all their friends in /tradechat saying it, so they just repeat and dogpile.

(a) the DNC has no involvement in this election;
    (b) Bernie supporters occupy a significant number of positions in the IDP;
    (c) there are no hidden ballots, everyone votes publicly;
    (d) every candidate has an independent count;
    (e) there are paper backups

Anyways.
    Just in: Our first official statement from the Iowa Democratic Party.

The big news here is TURNOUT. They say it's on pace for 2016, which is LOW. 172,000 turned out in then, down from the record-high of 240,000 in 2008.

Guess people really do hate caucuses. Low turnout will probably hurt Biden, since older voters were less likely to get out. the OK boomer crowd will be pleased.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    What gives you the right to complain when you made the conscious decision not to participate?
    If you only get 2 options and they're both bad and it doesn't matter which you vote for since your vote doesn't matter anyway, why can't you complain about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well that's just it right, I mean The Economy is also great according to some. Perception is not always what it seems.

But if we are taking that ok Tom is responsible for the Blue Wave, then it should especially stand to reason he is responsible for this Iowa Caucus fuck up. Either way, it's a fuck up one that is pretty important when the fact is one of the main things seemed pretty clear on was trying to gain trust back in the party, and providing meaningful transparency.

And yes I know I get it, this was Iowa's call, but he is the Party Chair, and as Edge pointed out, there were signs this app bullshit was a bad idea. But hell we don't know what happened yet, except we don't have any results from the Iowa Caucus, leading to the very uncertainty I thought Tom Perez was trying to fix.

If you only get 2 options and they're both bad and it doesn't matter which you vote for since your vote doesn't matter anyway, why can't you complain about it?
    they will always be "bad" to someone, no candidate is perfect to everyone. But not voting doesn't make you a victim, just the opposite.

they will always be "bad" to someone, no candidate is perfect to everyone. But not voting doesn't make you a victim, just the opposite.
    Then you vote for something you don't want, then complain that you voted for something you didn't want?

Well that's just it right, I mean The Economy is also great according to some. Perception is not always what it seems.

But if we are taking that ok Tom is responsible for the Blue Wave, then it should especially stand to reason he is responsible for this Iowa Caucus fuck up. Either way, it's a fuck up one that is pretty important when the fact is one of the main things seemed pretty clear on was trying to gain trust back in the party, and providing meaningful transparency.

And yes I know I get it, this was Iowa's call, but he is the Party Chair, and as Edge pointed out, there were signs this app bullshit was a bad idea. But hell we don't know what happened yet, except we don't have any results from the Iowa Caucus, leading to the very uncertainty I thought Tom Perez was trying to fix.
    But again, Perez is the chairman for the DNC. The DNC had nothing to do with running or organizing this caucus tonight. It was entirely the Iowa Democratic Party, which, btw, the DNC does not control or have any say in.

Then you vote for something you don't want, then complain that you voted for something you didn't want?
    At least you voted. you might not get the result you want, but you participated, you tried. If you don't even try than you have no ground to stand on to bitch.

The only votes that matter are the ones in battleground states because that's how our idiotic system is designed.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it does not.
    Not gonna take someone who cba to vote serious. Use your democratic right.

At least you voted. you might not get the result you want, but you participated, you tried. If you don't even try than you have no ground to stand on to bitch.
    So, just to be clear you want people to vote for the bad thing they don't want so that they can have the right to bitch about the bad thing that they didn't want? What? That makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    No, it does not.
    That system was devised by some of the greatest minds in history and has held up against almost every other traditional government to date. That has lasted for a very long time.

Yet with no reason other than some nonsense you regurgitate from the internet, you call it idiotic, for reason you can't explain, but advocate that people being lazy or can't be bothered to even vote, we should try to make it easier for them.

The electoral college might need to be done away with, but the only thing idiotic is the argument people not already fucking voting and don't give a shit, should be enabled more to do nothing.

And yes you can bitch about anything you want, whether you vote or not, but everyone else can put that in the context it belongs, which is you'll pay lip service to causes as long as it looks good, rather than do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    What democracy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-voting ... best way to ensure the status quo.

lol hypocrites.
    Government Affiliated Snark

That system was devised by some of the greatest minds in history and has held up against almost every other traditional government to date. That has lasted for a very long time.

Yet with no reason other than some nonsense you regurgitate from the internet, you call it idiotic, for reason you can't explain, but advocate that people being lazy or can't be bothered to even vote, we should try to make it easier for them.

The electoral college might need to be done away with, but the only thing idiotic is the argument people not already fucking voting and don't give a shit, should be enabled more to do nothing.

And yes you can bitch about anything you want, whether you vote or not, but everyone else can put that in the context it belongs, which is you'll pay lip service to causes as long as it looks good, rather than do anything.
    Do you not understand how the system works? You don't understand how it disenfranchises millions of Americans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Non-voting ... best way to ensure the status quo.

lol hypocrites.

As opposed to voting for the status quo? Seems like a lose either way.

So, just to be clear you want people to vote for the bad thing they don't want so that they can have the right to bitch about the bad thing that they didn't want? What? That makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

No it makes perfect sense, you are proposing that both candidates are equally as bad which is never ever the case. You are never gonna get the perfect candidate, they are never gonna give you everything you want, because they are gonna have to compromise and those compromises might lead to you not getting something, but getting something else. but if you sit home, your not even in the process at all. you have no ground to bitch about a process you refuse to even participate in. I mean you can technically bitch, but your arguments ring hollow since your not in the process.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You vote so you get some of the things you want, just like everyone else gets something they want.