Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So long a reviewer can give good argumentation behind their stance on something you should learn to accept that is their stance without being "paid off".

This whole debate that everyone who disagrees with you or the popular opinion is paid off is honestly immature. There are plenty of reviewers massively has one person who always wear pink goggles when it comes to a certain game, you just learn to accept that is their opinion.

As for bad reviews in general around this, what purpose would paying of IGN in this whole debacle actually accomplish? I mean PCgamer and others are pretty direct and far from positive on this game, you aren't going to sway anyone. And i highly doubt Blizzard at this point cares about reviews, it is why the pre-loaded the pre-order with goodies to hook you in.

If they want to turn this around they need to overhaul this reforge quite significantly what is something i might see them do as these series of bad PR events is also going to make people hesitant for Shadowlands and generally expansion sales is something they find rather important.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, not backed up by anything.

Literally false. I already linked you to the article showing their review is in progress now.

Quote where I say it's better that IGN waits for the patch in this thread.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
    It was actually you falsely quoting me on patches on post 318 first. Look carefully. I didn't even mention anything about patches prior to that

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because if they were covering for Blizzard they wouldn't be publishing any articles that talk about the negative fan reaction at all.

This isn't rocket appliances dude, use that big ol' emancipated 16 year old brain.
    So again what does this have to do with them not having the balls to post out a review right now? You still don't get it do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So again what does this have to do with them not having the balls to post out a review right now? You still don't get it do you?
    According to their own site they're literally writing their review right now, are you wanting them to post an unfinished review? I wouldn't be surprised if you were, you probably love reviews that say "well I haven't really played past the first level but I think this game is shit."

You know nothing about the workload or deadlines that the reviewer is working to, so you really don't know that their review should already be published. In your opinion it should be, that much is obvious.

Personally - I don't care what the review score is as long as the author actually plays the game through and writes an intelligent review. I'd rather the review be delayed a bit to ensure it's not shallow and meaningless.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-02-04 at 08:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of lol Blizz didn't realise this cluster would happen, especially as a similar thing happened back in 2012, Bethesda released a "remaster" of 2004's Doom III called "BFG Edition" that was supposed to be an awesome updated version, however when it arrived it turned out to be totally inferior to the original. The reason for this is that it was actually a HD update of the Xbox version, which was fine on X360 and PS3 but meant it was still graphically inferior to the original PC release (and incompatible with enhanced texture mods). To cover this up Bethesda made the ingenious decision to remove Doom 3 from Steam so people could only buy BFG Edition, resulting in backlash from fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    I don't think this rating is accurate or fair
    Personally I think it's entirely deserved.

If you release a remake of an 18 year old game, and it's worse than that game in pretty much every single respect (graphical definition being the only saving grace). Then that should warrant a near zero score. Add to that they basically purged the original and it could even be argued they deserve a negative score as they took a cheap win, royally failed to deliver then burned the house down so people had nowhere else to go.

It was actually you falsely quoting me on patches on post 318 first. Look carefully. I didn't even mention anything about patches prior to that
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52076334

You're right, I did mention patches. Because I interpreted you posts as indicating that you thought IGN was waiting for those to review.

I've never actually advocated that they should, and as I posted here

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52076269

They're already working on their review. I never once said they should wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the impression that he just thinks they're lying when they say they're writing one. Shrug.

According to their own site they're literally writing their review right now, are you wanting them to post an unfinished review? I wouldn't be surprised if you were, you probably love reviews that say "well I haven't really played past the first level but I think this game is shit."
    IGN are always amongst the first to review games if you look at past examples, they give games like Prey a 4 because of an initial bug for example. They give reviews and scores without finishing the game first very frequently to meet the "hype deadline". But in this particular instance they are biding their time because they don't want to offend both parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN are always amongst the first to review games if you look at past examples, they give games like Prey a 4 because of an initial bug for example. They give reviews and scores without finishing the game first very frequently to meet the "hype deadline". But in this particular instance they are biding their time because they don't want to offend both parties.
    Prove it my dude.

Shit, here I was believing that you were an enlightened 16 year old that couple rub his own brain cells together.

Dan Stapleton has 34 hours into his Prey review before it was posted.

Prey launched on May 5, 2017. Reviewers received their keys that day.

His review was posted on May 12, a full 7 days after the game was released. We're now 1 full week out from WC3:R's release, so I anticipate a review coming very soon.

This all tracks with IGN timelines. They post earlier reviews when they receive keys under embargo, as all media do.

Everything else in your post is unsupported fiction.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52076334

You're right, I did mention patches. Because I interpreted you posts as indicating that you thought IGN was waiting for those to review.

I've never actually advocated that they should, and as I posted here

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52076269

Yes I've just realized you quoted me on saying that. And because I never did say that in the first place I misread that as your opinion. So it's my mistake for this. But yeah you get my point. And we've debated extensively on the dynamics between the reviewers, fans and developers already. I reeeeealy don't want to go into circles again.But this particular example just further substantiate my point. Just look at the ridiculous scores these mainstream gamesites are giving for this shit. Consistently hitting the sweet 6.5-7 sweet-spot across the board. So consistent. There's no offending anyone. They aren't concerned with honest reviews that much is obvious. Being politically correct is more important for them.

Just look at the ridiculous scores these mainstream gamesites are giving for this shit. Consistently hitting the sweet 6.5-7 sweet-spot across the board.
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/w...critic-reviews

4.5 from Dualshockers?
    59 from PC Gamer?
    6 from Digital Trends?
    6 from Twinfinite?
    6 From Destructoid?

It's sitting at a 60 on Meta, which is one of the lowest reviewed Blizzard games and a very fair score for the game, as that's separate from the related controversies.

So consistent. There's no offending anyone.
    You think Blizzard is happy with their game getting 6's and lower?

This is still unsupported fiction. Back it up with evidence.

Edit: And I linked quite a few AAA reviews that were 5 and lower by IGN in the other thread. So you're not just wrong, but super fucking wrong.

They aren't concerned with honest reviews that much is obvious. Being politically correct is more important for them.
    At this point you're just straight up making shit up. Makes engaging in discussing very hard.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-02-04 at 09:02 PM.

Prove it my dude.

Shit, here I was believing that you were an enlightened 16 year old that couple rub his own brain cells together.
    Good question. How do I teach common sense to a dimwit? Their dilly-dallying isn't enough proof?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/w...critic-reviews

4.5 from Dualshockers?
    59 from PC Gamer?
    6 from Digital Trends?
    6 from Twinfinite?
    6 From Destructoid?

It's sitting at a 60 on Meta, which is one of the lowest reviewed Blizzard games and a very fair score for the game, as that's separate from the related controversies.

You think Blizzard is happy with their game getting 6's and lower?

This is still unsupported fiction. Back it up with evidence.

Edit: And I linked quite a few AAA reviews that were 5 and lower by IGN in the other thread. So you're not just wrong, but super fucking wrong.

At this point you're just straight up making shit up. Makes engaging in discussing very hard.
    I think Blizzard would be delighted with people giving this piece of crap a 6 no question

Yeah keep defending your corrupt colleagues Giving this piece of crap 60s-70s LMAO
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-02-04 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I've just realized you quoted me on saying that. And because I never did say that in the first place I misread that as your opinion. So it's my mistake for this. But yeah you get my point. And we've debated extensively on the dynamics between the reviewers, fans and developers already. I reeeeealy don't want to go into circles again.But this particular example just further substantiate my point. Just look at the ridiculous scores these mainstream gamesites are giving for this shit. Consistently hitting the sweet 6.5-7 sweet-spot across the board. So consistent. There's no offending anyone. They aren't concerned with honest reviews that much is obvious. Being politically correct is more important for them.
    In what world do is 6.5-7.0 out of 10 considered a sweet spot? That's complete nonsense, basically giving the game a C+ isn't hitting a sweet spot. Also, PC doesn't mean what you think it does.

You're talking out of your ass so much that if you gape your butthole any more you'll turn yourself inside out.

I think Blizzard would be delighted with people giving this piece of crap a 6 no question
    You're wrong, then. I know people at Blizzard. I also know how corporations operate. Literally nobody at Blizzard is happy with that 6, especially the suites making the decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. How do I teach common sense to a dimwit? Their dilly-dallying isn't enough proof?
    Prove they're dilly-dallying. Prove they're intentionally waiting for some mysterious future patch. Prove they're not on a reasonable timeline for their review to be published relative to how much time their other reviews take. As @Edge- already noted, they're not far behind the timeline of the Prey 4 review that you yourself brought up.

Nothing that you have presented is proof of anything except that you believe in a conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an insane suggestion, no company is happy when their product is effectively given a D rating. 6/10 is objectively not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    SNIP...

How did it come to this? Why do we as consumers support this kind of business model?
    It got to this point because activision/blizzard is no longer a company that cares about gamers nor cares about how their games are perceived as long as they can hype their own product and still sell it. Cash is cash. The time of games being so good they sell themselves is nearly over. Hype and lies to make the sales is so much of what we see now and blizzard is jumping on that wagon with both feet.

Best thing to do is stop buying their products but its clear to many gamers just aren't willing to do that yet. So we have to put up with garbage like WC3:RF and all the ones that came before and after it. Thats now gamin these days. Having to sort through the game companies hype and lies to see what you will really get.

I mean I already linked to the full Metacritic with all the reviews on it...I'm not sure what you think this "shows"? That some gave it slightly higher scores? I never said otherwise, but the fact is that the majority are still trending negative which is why it's sitting at an average Metascore of 60. Compared to the original release, sitting at a 92 - https://www.metacritic.com/g00/game/...er=&i10c.dv=24

Prove they're dilly-dallying. Prove they're intentionally waiting for some mysterious future patch. Prove they're not on a reasonable timeline for their review to be published relative to how much time their other reviews take. As @Edge- already noted, they're not far behind the timeline of the Prey 4 review that you yourself brought up.

Nothing that you have presented is proof of anything except that you believe in a conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an insane suggestion, no company is happy when their product is effectively given a D rating. 6/10 is objectively not good.
    6/10 for a shit product like this is a great complement. You call it "conspiracy" I call it "common sense", and it seems you are completely devoid of it. Why not you prove me that what i've said is merely a conspiracy then。 The delay is obvious as day dude. Keep dodging.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I already linked to the full Metacritic with all the reviews on it...I'm not sure what you think this "shows"? That some gave it slightly higher scores? I never said otherwise, but the fact is that the majority are still trending negative which is why it's sitting at an average Metascore of 60. Compared to the original release, sitting at a 92 - https://www.metacritic.com/g00/game/...er=&i10c.dv=24
    Can't you see the consistency here? https://imgur.com/a/YcEPXAA The numbers? Oh fuck, don't tell me it's my fault again you can't read/refuse to read and hence what I've said is a "conspiracy" again? Don't be childish. You see their scores? All 60-70s? Nothing wrong with what I've said. But keep dodging. And why are you linking WC3. We're talking about reforged here.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-02-04 at 09:21 PM.