Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "We decided to reverse course on this significant change to cutscenes that we used as part of our marketing to sell the game. We didn't think it was worth actually telling anyone about this, we thought you might enjoy the surprise! Please understand."

What a garbage non-apology from them. "Sorry to those of you who didn't have the experience you wanted", no, it should be "We're sorry we didn't live up to the expectations we set for you."
    except they did say they weren't redoing all the cutscenes and changing the story?

10+ Year Old Account
    "We decided to reverse course on this significant change to cutscenes that we used as part of our marketing to sell the game. We didn't think it was worth actually telling anyone about this, we thought you might enjoy the surprise! Please understand."

What a garbage non-apology from them. "Sorry to those of you who didn't have the experience you wanted", no, it should be "We're sorry we didn't live up to the expectations we set for you."
    They did announce it though, at blizzcon 2019 or soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    except they did say they weren't redoing all the cutscenes and changing the story?
    I believe that was the actual cgi cinematics people were asking about not the ingame cinematics between missions

This sorta crap is never useful. Review-bombing will just make anyone in development who might've cared to not even bother in the future. Resorting to earth-scorching tactics from the get-go never helps anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Again, as I've said many times, I'm not saying the score itself is indicative of anything, but the fact that enough people thought it was worth pushing it down to worst game of all time has merit to discuss, review bombing notwithstanding.
    Disregarding Metacritic entirely is just shoving your head in the sand because you disagree.
    It's not really, dumb people do dumb things all the time and the internet lets lots of dumb people get together. I wouldn't be surprised if half the people gave it a zero because they're mad about grinding AP or think Tracer should show off her butt differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's not really, dumb people do dumb things all the time and the internet lets lots of dumb people get together. I wouldn't be surprised if half the people gave it a zero because they're mad about grinding AP or think Tracer should show off her butt differently.
    Like when people review bombed BL2 because BL3 was epic exclusive... what does that even prove?

The rating is 100% fair if you look at it as its own product. If you take the angle of "well the original game was so good and that is kinda in here so it has some good stuff in it" than you can see some "good" in it. But if this gets to lean on nothing from 2002 than.. it's hot trash.. I doubt any game is really a .5 or whatever it is now (I don't keep up to date on it) but it is pretty sad. Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They said the pre-rendered cinematics wouldn't be changed. They said nothing about the 4+ hours of in-game cut scenes.

Not all, but the Culling of Stratholme cutscene is vastly different than what they showed off and was on the site, no? I know I was never expecting brand-new cutscenes for everything, but they did indicate that many would receive additional content and newer scenes with updated camera angles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    If they did, they didn't make much hey out of it and I missed it.

2020 and Blizzard still breaking records! well done blizzard the people who first started making such games because they had a passion for it would be so proud to see how money ruins everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    2020 and Blizzard still breaking records! well done blizzard the people who first started making such games because they had a passion for it would be so proud to see how money ruins everything.
    I wonder what Chris Metzen thinks about this. No wonder he couldn't handle the mess at Blizzard anymore. He really was the soul of Blizzard. I am so glad I got to see him in person at 2018 Blizzcon albeit a little far away. But I was in the same room!

Not all, but the Culling of Stratholme cutscene is vastly different than what they showed off and was on the site, no? I know I was never expecting brand-new cutscenes for everything, but they did indicate that many would receive additional content and newer scenes with updated camera angles etc.

If they did, they didn't make much hey out of it and I missed it.
    I mean, if you're going to preorder over a year out it behooves you to keep track of the dev progress. I wasn't even watching the game at all and saw that they were cutting out adding the extras. Hell people were talking about it on this very site.

As for the video on the preorder page... smells like a miscommunication between the Reforged team and the Website team.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a remaster under the same engine. It was never meant to look like a 2020 game.

Or does sc remaster not deserve it's score in your off kilter opinion? https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starcraft-remastered
    i know it was using same engine, but 99.999999% of ppl didn't know that, even on this forums ppl accused me to just 'anti-blizzard' and 'hater' for stating what they said themselves in their own interview, that the game will still use same engine
    because i assure u i planned to buy it and my rl friend too, until i saw them saying that in a later interview
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I mean, if you're going to preorder over a year out it behooves you to keep track of the dev progress. I wasn't even watching the game at all and saw that they were cutting out adding the extras. Hell people were talking about it on this very site.

As for the video on the preorder page... smells like a miscommunication between the Reforged team and the Website team.
    I didn't, which is why I only kept a loose eye on it.

And that's not just a "miscommunication", that's a pretty significant screw up to have years-old, cut content as one of the focal points for your on your games primary marketing page.

I didn't, which is why I only kept a loose eye on it.

And that's not just a "miscommunication", that's a pretty significant screw up to have years-old, cut content as one of the focal points for your on your games primary marketing page.
    I'm not saying that it was a good thing to have that one there, guess they never went to the page themselves lol.

I wouldn't say it was communicated very well. I had no idea they abandoned the new story until someone on this site corrected me that they were no longer retconning certain events in WC3. And that was in December 2019.

Overall I think the impression was that they were oddly quiet about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I wouldn't say it was communicated very well. I had no idea they abandoned the new story until someone on this site corrected me that they were no longer retconning certain events in WC3. And that was in December 2019.

Overall I think the impression was that they were oddly quiet about the game.
    They said it during Blizzcon and during Blizzcon interviews. That's why you heard about it in Dec. It was very fresh at that point.

I think people were more worried about the delay though which is why it flew under the radar after the immediate announcement. Even during Bllizzcon people were more worried about the release date then what they had said about the actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was always the same engine, it was NEVER advertised as a Remake. Remakes are from the ground up with modern engines, this was always a remaster. Even the word reforge alludes to remaster not remake. Reforging is taking an existing item and literally REFORGING it so that it is functional again. It's not creating a new item like a Remake would, that's like taking an item as blueprint but you're using all new materials to craft it.

As for the cutscenes and shit, they said they were cutting that. Their reason was people didn't want to them to rewrite parts of the game to match wow, you can believe whatever you want, but people were informed.
    I agree with you that it wasn't advertised as a full remake, since it was made pretty clear from the get go that Reforged was built upon the original game with some of the limitations of that era of gaming. To expect a brand new game out of Reforged would be completely missing the point of doing this.

However, Reforged still underdelivered on a lot of things they initially said they wanted to do. More cinematic in-game cutscenes inbetween gameplay? Gone. A different take on a story that has been affected by several retcons over the years? Scrapped. New voice over that would be needed for the reworked campaign? Nope. While they did address these things months ago as being cut for the final game, the fact that they still haven't updated the promotional material on the official webpage when advertising this game is such an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Not to mention that there is a pretty obvious lack of polish done to the game which Blizzard used to pride itself on. While I have personally not experienced the worst bugs that people have reported on, this is still one of the buggiest releases Blizzard has ever produced. The old Blizzard would not have released Reforged in its current state and instead kept working on it until it was actually ready. I don't really blame the devs here, but the higher ups at Blizzard who have completely forgotten the core tenants that made Blizzard one of the most beloved games companies in the world. The game obviously needed more time and money, but they were given just over a year after its announcement, which was clearly not enough considering the many, many issues that were shown during Beta.

While I am optimistic that the devs will be able to fix many of the issues plaguing Reforged, I still think that the way Blizzard handled the launch of Reforged is a testament to the old Blizzard being dead. Not an easy thing for me to say, but since late 2018 up until now, the evidence has just been piling up of it being the case.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2020-03-22 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    While they did address these things months ago as being cut for the final game, the fact that they still haven't updated the promotional material on the official webpage when advertising this game is such an incredibly stupid thing to do.
    This is really one of the more.... annoying things they've done with it. It should have been pulled the minute they changed their direction on it. But like I said, it's like they never actually went on the site themselves after.

They said it during Blizzcon and during Blizzcon interviews. That's why you heard about it in Dec. It was very fresh at that point.

I think people were more worried about the delay though which is why it flew under the radar after the immediate announcement. Even during Bllizzcon people were more worried about the release date then what they had said about the actual game.
    I think most people also weren't expecting such a hard pivot away from what had previously been shown so close to the release date. Any project where you change direction so abruptly is going to be a disaster. It doesn't matter what it is.