Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Of all the injustices involved in this whole debacle of a game you choose to defend Blizz and their metacritic score here. why?
    To be fair this whole game just proves that people will defend Blizzard if they made a broken ass piece of shit.

It's fucking sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Mainstream game "journalists"=AAA companies' lackeys and scums of society
    Should get your priorities straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    To be fair this whole game just proves that people will defend Blizzard if they made a broken ass piece of shit.

It's fucking sad really.
    Thats modern day companies though. It started with Apple and its cult it built around its products. We have entire generations growing up now raised on being a company defense force. Look at Disney/Marvel.

Funnily enough only voting 0 or 10 on everything makes the whole process and the score itself pointless. All real criticism is muted by people mad at it not meeting their expectations. The work they did (or didn't do) was a huge disappointment but if this really is a 0 then it's a wonderful world we live in.
    Next blizzcon they are gonna make a joke about metacritic on the stage and move on.

Of all the injustices involved in this whole debacle of a game you choose to defend Blizz and their metacritic score here. why?
    First: are you saying you would not come in the defense of someone who is being lynched by an angry mob, being struck over and over with baseball bats, punches and kicks, and having stones throwing at them, just because they are scammers? You wouldn't think the "punishment" does not fit the "crime"?

Second: I am not defending Blizzard. I mean, had you had the decency of checking other posts of mine in this thread, you'd have found this:
    Now, I'm not defending WC3:RF here since I didn't pre-order or buy the game, so I didn't play it, but giving it the lowest score possible is not fair to the game. The game is playable. Game-breaking bugs are few and far between. The graphics are decent. The voice-acting is good.

Like I've never been one to foam at the mouth and hate on Blizzard, but this WC3 is just an all around disaster caused by incompetence and greed, I just don't see any other explanation. The metacritic is well deserved imho
    As I said not even Bethesda have been this fucking incompetent.

Like they ruined Fallout and their Creation Engine is a piece of shit but they didn't retroactively destroy/ruin an older version of their games.

It's fucking sad really.
    What is "fucking sad" is how people rush to reply to people without reading what they're talking about. This entire post of yours falls to pieces because you didn't bother to read the conversation you are replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What is "fucking sad" is how people rush to reply to people without reading what they're talking about. This entire post of yours falls to pieces because you didn't bother to read the conversation you are replying to.
    Thank you for proving my point. Moving along since I don't want to even waste time with people like you. Sad that people like you who defend anything a company does without question exist but that's what blind fanaticism is I guess.

To get back on topic.

https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantEncouragingCodDoggo

Holy shit no chill. Well deserved dump on the game. DICE awards they had quite a good and well deserved shit on Blizzard.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-16 at 05:33 PM.

Thank you for proving my point. Moving along since I don't want to even waste time with people like you. Sad that people like you who defend anything a company does without question exist but that's what blind fanaticism is I guess.
    Your post boils down to: "I noticed I made a mistake, but I'm not going to admit to it, and instead will pretend I have the moral high ground."

Just because you say you aren't defending something right before beginning to defend it does not cancel out said defending.
    I'm not defending Blizzard. I never said WC3:RF is good. I've put the disclaimer that I never bought the game. What I am saying is that giving straight-up ZERO is dishonest because it does not accurately reflect the true state of the game.

Games that are literally unplayable and have much, much worse glitches and game-breaking bugs are rated above WC3:RF in that list. Think about that for a second.

Also your analogy is horrible and wildly inaccurate. It's more like some thug went around slamming his baseball bat into people's car windows and stealing things from inside before people stop him to hold him accountable.
    You accuse me of making a "horrible and wildly inaccurate" analogy... and yet you go and make an even worse analogy.

Nothing that happened in WC3 reforged was an accident.
    Which I never claimed it was.

You want to paint Blizz in this innocent light
    Which I never did, nor wanted to.

You're just proving my point to show that you're not reading what I write and just wanting to hate on Blizzard, regardless if it's justified or not.

By saying they deserve a higher score IS defending Blizz from their current score they have...
    Does WC3:RF deserve a bad score? Yes.
    Does WC3:RF deserve the spot of "worst game" on MetaCritic? No.

I'm not saying WC3:RF is a good game or that it deserves a good score. I simply say that it deserves a fair score.

I don't know how that could be anymore clear. The hate is very much justified. The fact that you say it isn't is just more defending haha.
    Review-bombing is never justified. WC3:RF simply does not deserve a "0.5" score, objectively speaking. But people simply can't seem to be able to judge fairly, regardless of how good or bad a game is. Good aspects of the game are forgotten or ignored when the public perception of the game is bad, and bad aspects of the game are forgotten or ignored when the public perception of the game is good.

Everything else you said is just bleh and I'd rather not partake in a barking contest with you. You do you bro, but there's a good reason why you are alone in your little crusade here lol
    Because apparently I'm one of the few in this site that don't let emotions cloud their ability to see things objectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not illegal anywhere, you're not required to support something forever. They could have just shut down the classic wc3 servers and said "buy reforged!" And it would be entirely legal. But they didn't , classic works fine
    stop lying for blizzard. it does NOT work fine. AT ALL.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    stop lying for blizzard. it does NOT work fine. AT ALL.
    I'm not lying lol, I don't own reforged, I can play my copy of regular old WC3 just fine.

Because apparently I'm one of the few in this site that don't let emotions cloud their ability to see things objectively.
    Well, in this day and age its "Cool" to hate on stuff.

If you actually enjoy something you are a Heretic. Obviously, WC3 Reforged is the worst game of all eternity, and nothing could even compare in its Badness.

I wonder how its Possible to say:
    "Warcraft 3 was one of the best games ever"
    "Warcraft 3 Reforged just replace the Models and is otherwise almost the same"
    "Warcraft 3 Reforged is the worst game ever"

I didnt follow the entire hate, but would someone, who thinks WF3 Reforge should score a 0, write an Actual Review how they come to that conclusion?

Irrelevant. My point is that giving the game a full-on ZERO on a ten-point score is wrong, no matter how angry you are at "broken promises". The game has bugs, yes, but it is still playable. Your computer doesn't crash if you try to play the game.

Giving a 0/10 to Warcraft Reforged is the equivalent of saying your lunch tasted like raw sewage and made you physically ill, simply because your mother promised you pork ribs and puree for lunch, but instead she made fried chicken and rice.
    I see this brought up a lot. Tell me, if you remove all the WC3 elements from the game (since it's a remaster, you have to judge it by what it added), what do you feel it deserves? It's an outsourced reskin, and a lot of bugs and downgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I see this brought up a lot. Tell me, if you remove all the WC3 elements from the game (since it's a remaster, you have to judge it by what it added), what do you feel it deserves? It's an outsourced reskin, and a lot of bugs and downgrades.
    Like I said, I don't own the remaster game, and never did, so I cannot give an accurate score about the game.

With that said, I would never rate it a zero, unless it actually does not even load up on my computer, has glitches that constantly fuck up my save files, or causes severe crashes that force me to reboot my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Are you trying to tell me Starcraft Remastered deserves a high score based purely off it's remastered additions?

So tell me Ielenia, how else to make the Blizzard see our anger at them? This gives them bad publicity and gods damnit they should have bad publicity. They would never release refund numbers or anyting like that (and that kinda means voting with wallet is pointless, even if that had ever worked), so people do this, as they cant do anything more.
    WC3 forums are fricking dead, Blue's are not posting and downplaying the issues and even manage to insult players "We are sorry we did not meet your expecations". They fucking broke the original game, so how else point their fuckup out?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So tell me Ielenia, how else to make the Blizzard see our anger at them? This gives them bad publicity and gods damnit they should have bad publicity. They would never release refund numbers or anyting like that (and that kinda means voting with wallet is pointless, even if that had ever worked), so people do this, as they cant do anything more.
    WC3 forums are fricking dead, Blue's are not posting and downplaying the issues and even manage to insult players "We are sorry we did not meet your expecations". They fucking broke the original game, so how else point their fuckup out?
    Doesn't matter if they release refund numbers publicly, if enough people ACTUALLY refunded that it was noticeable to the higher ups that's when things change. But probably not in the way you like them, they just shut shit down and don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm not lying lol, I don't own reforged, I can play my copy of regular old WC3 just fine.
    As long as you have a version that doesn't automatically update.
    Afaik, if you have 1.30 installed, it automatically tries to update the game before starting, like any modern game.

So, if you've been just playing Warcraft 3, downloaded every update in order to play online, you're now SOL if you want to play the old version.
    I tried it myself, attempted to bypass the launcher and started the .exe and and always gave me "Update your game" before even launching.

The only way to play the old game is to dig up your old CD Key or buy one online and then download a Pre Reforged version.

It's still possible to play the old game, but not without jumping through said hoops from above and any online game won't happen unless you connect to some private server.

In order words, it's still possible to play the old game, but not in some fashion that is officially supported by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As long as you have a version that doesn't automatically update.
    Afaik, if you have 1.30 installed, it automatically tries to update the game before starting, like any modern game.

So, if you've been just playing Warcraft 3, downloaded every update in order to play online, you're now SOL if you want to play the old version.
    I tried it myself, attempted to bypass the launcher and started the .exe and and always gave me "Update your game" before even launching.

The only way to play the old game is to dig up your old CD Key or buy one online and then download a Pre Reforged version.

It's still possible to play the old game, but not without jumping through said hoops from above and any online game won't happen unless you connect to some private server.

In order words, it's still possible to play the old game, but not in some fashion that is officially supported by Blizzard.
    It's the newest version, it plays just fine.