Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No

At this point I no longer have faith that they can create good expansions or games in general. They would have to surprise me a few times over for me to ever have the faith in them that I had before.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a matter of faith as you can see how an expansion is tested and designed before making a decision. For what it's worth I think BfA despite being a very bad expansion actually wasn't far from being a good one. The biggest problems present in BfA were many systems and features flopping hard and the overall amount of time gating and grinding present. Both of these could be solved with an longer testing period. If Shadowlands has a good testing period I'm sure it'll be a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Which if find fun, so that's a bonus to me.
    It's deceptive to say there won't be titanforging if there is a system like titanforging despite how players feel about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is hard to say at this point but I doubt current dalies/WQ are even an issue. Blizz first tried to remove dailes. But people complained. So in 8.2 we got mix of dalies + WQ. Then in 8.3 we have mostly dailies. It seems to me as if they are trying to find out what people like more.

In any case we can see that they are trying to figure it out.
    You know what I like about WQs? I can see what is up and what the rewards are so if I'm not interested I can go do something I am interested in.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's deceptive to say there won't be titanforging if there is a system like titanforging despite how players feel about it.
    By titanforging though I ALWAYS refer to it as ilvl boosting, which is not great, it screws with trading and since we're stuck with PL, anything that makes trading easier is a good thing.

Now if we had ML back, i wouldn't give two shits about WF/TF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to raid. Raids are still great. So long as that doesn't change, I'll pre order expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I think that Blizzard can still make an expansion that I will like. Yeah. Maybe. I have lots of problems with Blizzard's overly technocratic approach to how they engineer the game. That's a distraction from actual playing and that's bad.

Do I have any idea if Blizzard can make an expansion that you will like? I have no idea.

And that's the problem with threads like this. You're asking a question about subjective opinions as if they are facts. They're not. It's quite true that many on MMO-C have spent hours on finding new and exciting ways to say the expansion is the worst thing ever. That's not new. There are other places where casual players are OK with the expansion. I think the game works much better for casual players than the overly passionate. The game is also getting very old and there's not much left to innovate. Quests, dungeons, raids, swinging swords, casting spells, and a never-ending war: it's a long time to play in a game that apart from moving things around offers much the same thing from expansion to expansion over 15 years.

For the record: I hated the theme of the expansion and think the expansion itself is a middling effort that relied too heavily on variations of Legion systems.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-04 at 08:46 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, Shadowlands should be good as it's another "A-list" expansion in the cycle... but it won't be. It just looks horrible, way worse than BfA. That means a lot. Shadowlands is so disconnected from everything this game needs, it's mind-boggling. The experience during BfA and their handling of problems / systems plus WC3 disaster on top of it doesn't give me any hope for the upcoming expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As big as N'zoth, Azshara, Zandalari, and Kul Tiras were to the lore of Warcraft, unfortunately, this expansion's story was merely a prelude to Shadowlands. So Shadowlands will be the xpac aimed to earn players' hearts back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm...layers_leaked/
    The info was posted on a website, and a Blizzar rep promptly got in touch with the owner of that website and told him to take it down. You gotta ask the question: Why would Blizzard care if it wasn't true? There is plenty of made-up stuff about WoW that Blizzard doesn't care to confirm nor deny, but that one piece of info apparently pissed them off.

Wow right now has probably 1.5 million subs. Do you really think Activision has the funds to put out great content at a 1/10 of WoTLK's sub base?
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-04 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    The info was posted on a website, and a Blizzar rep promptly got in touch with the owner of that website and told him to take it down. You gotta ask the question: Why would Blizzard care if it wasn't true? There is plenty of made-up stuff about WoW that Blizzard doesn't care to confirm nor deny, but that one piece of info apparently pissed them off.

Wow right now has probably 1.5 million subs. Do you really think Activision has the funds to put out great content at a 1/10 of WoTLK's sub base?
    You do realize that blizzard alone almost makes more per quarter now than the whole of actiblizz did back during wrath in a year?

You do realize that blizzard alone almost makes more per quarter now than the whole of actiblizz did back during wrath in a year?
    But not from WoW. There is no point business-wise to pump money into an unpopular product, regardless the company is profitable from other products.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    I do not. Look at the fiasco with reforged, that's what actiblizz has become. The devs that made WoW a house hold name are long gone, it's all about pushing out a product for that almighty dollar. Expansions are rushed, the quality is lacking and corners are cut.
    those devs are on overwatch now, hopefully overwatch 2 leads to an overwatch mmo, like what titan was meant to be

they keep saying that overwatch is where warcraft wss before wow and that they see overwatch expanding into diferent mediums, almost like they want an.mmo
    Last edited by letssee; 2020-02-04 at 09:31 AM.

But not from WoW. There is no point business-wise to pump money into an unpopular product, regardless the company is profitable from other products.
    1.5 (true or not) is still insanely profitable. That's a quarter billion a year just in subs, or half a billion during the life of an expansion. Add to that box sales (day one of 3.7 ish million) at a minimum of 50 bucks is another 185 million, and then mtx that dwarfs all that and wow still makes a ton
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-02-04 at 03:18 PM.

1.5 (true or not) is still insanely profitable. That's a quarter million a year just in subs, or half a million during the life of an expansion. Add to that box sales (day one of 3.7 ish million) at a minimum of 50 bucks is another 185 million, and then mtx that dwarfs all that and wow still makes a ton
    Yes but people shouldn't expect the same amount of content as in past expansions. Still profitable, probably, but only with lower amount of content because there is a lot less money from WoW than in previous times.

Well expansion trailer didn't show much. Only thing that excited me a little was back to roots in class sense.
    However they promised back to roots many times. Every time all we get is just handful of old abilities.
    I expect they will add few cool abilities back and than ruin a lot whole something else.

Also I had faith in Warcraft 3 Reforged for very long time. Now I am left just with huge disappointment.

I'm not sure SL will deliver on the on-off expansion cycle theorem established since wrath. I think they went so far out there with the story only to shoe horn in more sylvanas crap as well as all the headache that the covenants will cause.. we will see in early beta if Blizzard is willing to change things or if it will be another glorified demo because the things needs to be pushed out by Qx's earnings call. That reaction will pretty much chart the course for the whole expansion.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faith is a strong word, but I hold my hopes.

Wrath was good, MoP was good, Legion was good - Shadowlands could be good if the pattern is true.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Shadowlands barely has any content. I doubt they can mess it up that bad...

Ah, yes. The "BfA only had 3.2 million subs at the start despite having 3.4 million copies sold in preorders and first day sales." leak.

Nope, Blizzard stopped making good games somewhere around in 2012-2013, everything they released after MOP was piece of trash