Some questions about pvp

1. Do I get a pvp rank title every tuesday after reset?

2. Can I get as many pvp ranks as I want after reset if I perform better with kills?

3. How many kills do I need to get marshal, general or warlord?

4. Is the pvp gear available immediately after I get the appropriate rank?

I want to grind for titles in order to get gear, how much do I need to play to achieve this and what bg should I farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    2. Can I get as many pvp ranks as I want after reset if I perform better with kills?
    I want to grind for titles in order to get gear, how much do I need to play to achieve this and what bg should I farm?
    1. You display the PvP title of your current rank.
    2. You display the PvP title of your current rank.
    3. https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...week_6_update/
    4. Yes, for gold.
    5. It depends on everyone else PvPing on your server. See #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    1. You display the PvP title of your current rank.
    2. You display the PvP title of your current rank.
    wat

1. Yes, you get your new PvP rank on Tuesdays after reset.
    2. As far as I know, yes, you can jump several ranks in a week. Don't know how it is calculated though.

Your rank is updated during the honor calculations on tuesday, which may or may not occur during the reset (the rest is not required).

No. After about rank 4, you cannot ever earn enough Rank Points (even if you are standing 1) to advance more than 2 ranks. And you have to be in the top 5% or so of standing to get enough RP to get 2 ranks. Most weeks, you will only make 1, and even then, unless you're in the top 15% or so, you wont even necessarily gain enough to gain a full rank.

No amount of kills will guarantee you rank of any kind. That is not how the system works AT ALL.

The (very basic) version of how the system works:

- Every time you/someone kills an enemy player, you get honor. Other things can also give you honor (winning BGs, BG objectives, etc).
    - At the end of the week, the honor totals of EVERY PLAYER on your faction who got more than 15 HKs is compared (ranked). The person with the most Honor is standing 1, etc. Based on your standing, you are granted Rank Points. Yes, your standing is compared against the other players on YOUR faction, not the opposing faction.
    - Rank points determine what rank you end up with. The amount of Rank Points required to advance ranks varies, and in addition, you can only achieve certain ranks (above rank 10, IIRC, i could be wrong) if you are ALSO in the top Standing for your faction (I.E. no matter how many rank points you have, you will not EVER be High Warlord unless you were also Standing 1 that week, which was expanded in 1.12 to be the top .1%, not just THE highest honor person, so it IS possible to have more than one HWL per week).
    - your Rank Points decay 20% every week (before the end of week calculation. Basically, your new RP total is [Old Total -20%] + [RP Granted by this weeks standing]. Its quite easy at high ranks to lose rank if you dont keep up.

- most people, even people who are hitting BGs hard right now, dont seem to understand the math that its unlikely they will ever get past rank 10. Its a pyramidal system, and you're competing with your own faction. The time investment required means you're not likely to get worthwhile rank without a MASSIVE time investment.

Yep, as soon as your rank updates. It costs gold.

6-8 hours a day, every day, at the very least. Whatever activity gives you the most honor/hour.

And, GFL, buddy.

People are under the mistaken impression that the Classic (Vanilla) PvP system was meant to be the way that 'all' PvPers got gear. It was not. Its for the hardcore only.

If you're not going to put in the 6+ hours a day, every day, you're FAR better off just PvEing to get your gear. THe Blue PvP gear. which is what is available at rank-10 and below, isn't even as good as dungeon blues in a lot of cases, and the chances of you getting the higher ranks required for the purple gear is small - youll be a lot better off just PuGing BWL when it launches to get gear that is just as good (and in a lot of cases, better, except HWL weapons).

There ARE some good items you can get from PvP, just not from ranking - each PvP rep has decent items attached to it, particularly at exalted. Theyre roughly equal to T1 epics, and in a few slots, BiS until Naxx for a lot of classes. Those are much more resaonable to attain.