Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Remember the days when we leveled up, had to stop questing and travel 20 minutes to a capitol city to buy abilities, then travel another 40 minutes while battling our way through the re-spawned elites mobs to get back to the quest we were on? Remember being greatly annoyed by it?
    Hard to remember something that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Isn't that why Classic is there?
    Classic is garbage though, once you hit max level all you can do is grind AV or quit because they stupidly put in Naxx equivalent gear for doing PvP when BWL isn't even out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    We have plenty of ammo to use against Blizzard, but people gotta fabricate more from thin air, I guess
    The theme of this forum, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think they should make you have to do a small quest chain for each new ability you get. learn to use it each time.

basically like old warlock demon quests, only for every single ability.
    I agree with this. Would be a great way to teach people how to interrupt, or when to use their cooldowns, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Classic is garbage though, once you hit max level all you can do is grind AV or quit because they stupidly put in Naxx equivalent gear for doing PvP when BWL isn't even out.
    Or you could ya know, quest, rep grind and actually play the game the way it was intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, nothing more fun than being interupted and basically forced to go back to town to get an upgrade for your ability to do more damage every two levels.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So you're complaining about a dependably farmable method of improving your character (azerite + neck + essences) but also complaining about one dependent on RNG (targeting specific corruption bonuses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

For those saying 'go to classic' classic isn't getting new content. Just because classic exists doesn't mean someone can't wish modern WoW would go back to its roots in some areas rather than just playing the same content from years ago.

Blizzard could re-introduce training skills from your own skillbook, and improving them in different ways. Honestly it feels like that is a natural progression if they want to develop alternative playstyles. Would be interesting, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Remember the days when we leveled up, had to stop questing and travel 20 minutes to a capitol city to buy abilities, then travel another 40 minutes while battling our way through the re-spawned elites mobs to get back to the quest we were on? Remember being greatly annoyed by it?
    You were an idiot if you did that. I didn't stop and immediately train, I finished what I was doing then, before logging, I'd *hearth* to the capital city and train. Or, if I had hearth set in a different zone I'd have to spend 4 or 5 minutes flying. Oh god, the pain... wait, it was no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Man, people are so weird in this forum. Saying "I liked how the gearing in this game worked for the 11 years before legion." is not the same as saying "Vanilla is the BEST THING EVER and the game should never have changed!1!11"

There are a lot of downsides to the changes made to character progression and very few benefits other than saving the multi billion dollar development studio resources.
    If you don't like one thing about modern WoW you're automatically a deplorable who will be deported to the Classic containment realms.

OT: I think having most of your new abilities tied to expansion specific content feels pretty shit and ultimately hampers class development. They should 100% go back to the pre-Legion way of running classes.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-02-07 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Where you had to level up and unlock ALL your abilities at max level, then you start the end game content farming of simple gear, some gear sets, some needed reputations and a few attunement quests.

Nowadays, you level up and get nothing at max level, instead your new abilities are locked behind rng grind that you can use only if you get the right gear (azerite and neck) then you get another layer of RNG for random abilities on your gear (corruption) that you can even target farm.

Maybe it's just me, but I wish we can come back to Pre-Legion classes.

what about you fellow players ?
    I don't really understand your complain? You get a lot at max level now, maybe too much, but you have to work for it.
    Does it really make a difference if you get your last ability at level 110 or 120?

The worst parts of woW was when you would have to spend money just to do more damage. It severely restricts anyone that doesn't play the game as often as hardcore players. I'm glad we don't have to spend gold on spells anymore. If the game went back to that, I'd cancel my sub so fucking fast. I dealt with that nonsense from Vanilla until the revamp in Cata and I was HAPPY it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I keep seeing this comment but it still confuses me. Was there ever a point where they said there would be a 8.3.5? I tried finding it but I can't.
    There wasn't. People just assumed there would be and got mad when there wasn't cause "Blizz promised me a pony!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Where you had to level up and unlock ALL your abilities at max level, then you start the end game content farming of simple gear, some gear sets, some needed reputations and a few attunement quests.

Nowadays, you level up and get nothing at max level, instead your new abilities are locked behind rng grind that you can use only if you get the right gear (azerite and neck) then you get another layer of RNG for random abilities on your gear (corruption) that you can even target farm.

You still have to level up to unlock your abilities, and you still need to grind gear if you want to start raiding 'proper'. Reputation and Atunements were a terrible way to stretch content. They didn't add any complexity, they just added time needed.

You get access to dungeons, world quests, the war campaign and raids at max level.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with abilities locked behind RNG.

Yes, it is just you.

Well, the old days were better for certain things.
    But none of them in World of WarCraft. Every aspect of the game has been improved by any quantifiable means of measurement. Graphics, gameplay, variety, accesibility, tuning and performance, balance, storytelling. An argument can be made for the quality of the story itself, but seeing how Vanilla had no story to tell...

I'm having trouble understanding what you're actually saying. Can you be more specific?
    Are you talking about things like Totem Quest and Finding Books that teach you spells?

As far as farming gear and rep questing new areas.... that's always been a thing... still is.

And there was RNG factor to learning skills as early as Vanilla... Codex: Prayer of Fortitude would like to have a word with you.

Something has to be done with the current system. If you level a new char, you do get your last new thing, namely a talent at lvl 100 and you go 20 levels without a single new thing, and after you done the essence shit, you get one new button. Thats not very engaging. I want them to go back where we actually got something new each expansion that you actually kept, not rental powers like artifacts and essences.

But what op suggests is basically classic, and thats just garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Or you could ya know, quest, rep grind and actually play the game the way it was intended.
    Except there's no purpose behind any of that with them killing the game with gearing. There's no reason to rep grind or quest because the rewards aren't worth anything. If you're not being efficient why bother playing at all. Classic was dead the second they put in T3 equivalent gear from PvP before T2 was even out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Something has to be done with the current system. If you level a new char, you do get your last new thing, namely a talent at lvl 100 and you go 20 levels without a single new thing, and after you done the essence shit, you get one new button. Thats not very engaging. I want them to go back where we actually got something new each expansion that you actually kept, not rental powers like artifacts and essences.

But what op suggests is basically classic, and thats just garbage.
    Well part of the gap in "new things while leveling" will be adressed in shadowlands with them taking some of the level bloat out. Us actually getting permanent things again .. yea that one is not happening. At least something like FFXIV would be nice, you know just upgraded spells with a few more bells and whistles an optional finisher to a combo and better graphics. Something that let's you know you've reached a new level with your class instead of feeling the same from beginning to end.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-02-07 at 09:42 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Why pre-legion?

You get all abilities at max level for LEGION. The short amount of time the weapon talent tree matters, and all the legendary armor affect your BUILD. no new ability is added if you equip a particular legendary armor, did I remember things incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Why pre-legion?

You get all abilities at max level for LEGION. The short amount of time the weapon talent tree matters, and all the legendary armor affect your BUILD. no new ability is added if you equip a particular legendary armor, did I remember things incorrectly?
    You are so wrong if you think that legendaries and artifacts abilities were useless.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-02-08 at 03:06 PM.