Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Personally, I raised a lot of money just from fishing. There are tons of detailed videos on YouTube about how to do it. They helped me a lot and I learned from them. You can check it out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZhdens View Post
    Skinning + herbalism. You just run around, pick up stuff and sell it on the market. At least, it worked for me.
    i do that too

Blogging is best Profession to Carry as you will be your own boss.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herbalism is definitely a good one. Jewel crafting I’ve heard is pretty useful too
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Selling raw herbs and ores, and flasks might be the only constant way of getting some money throughout the expansions.

Ion quitting is the only way of making professions profitable again mate.
    The entire "hating in ion" meme is getting old now. You do know that he does not have that much power. He has to do what he is told.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The entire "hating in ion" meme is getting old now. You do know that he does not have that much power. He has to do what he is told.
    wrong,ion is lead game dev,he aproves all the bad ideas,or do you actualy think some random corporate executives in suits that never touched a game in their lives tell the GAME DEVELOPER how to develop the game?lol

also op:dont bother just find a boosting comunity,far more gold and far easier and less time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wrong,ion is lead game dev,he aproves all the bad ideas,or do you actualy think some random corporate executives in suits that never touched a game in their lives tell the GAME DEVELOPER how to develop the game?lol

also op:dont bother just find a boosting comunity,far more gold and far easier and less time consuming
    Or you could visit his website since he was just another advertising account who hasn't posted since January. It's hard to know if I'm just overly suspicious of new accounts or you people aren't suspicious enough.

i think these are the best professions for making money
    Engineering: Engineers are in high demand across a wide range of industries, and they typically earn high salaries. In fact, engineering jobs are some of the most well-paid positions in the workforce. If you're looking to make a lot of money, then pursuing a career in engineering is a great option. While there is a lot of competition for jobs in this field, engineers with the right skills and experience can command very high salaries. So if you're looking to build a prosperous career, consider becoming an engineer.
    Investment banking: Investment bankers typically earn six-figure salaries, and the top performers can earn millions of dollars per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Metekaikr View Post
    i think these are the best professions for making money
    Engineering: Engineers are in high demand across a wide range of industries, and they typically earn high salaries. In fact, engineering jobs are some of the most well-paid positions in the workforce. If you're looking to make a lot of money, then pursuing a career in engineering is a great option. While there is a lot of competition for jobs in this field, engineers with the right skills and experience can command very high salaries. So if you're looking to build a prosperous career, consider becoming an engineer.
    Investment banking: Investment bankers typically earn six-figure salaries, and the top performers can earn millions of dollars per year.
    People are talking about professions in the game not in real life

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    People are talking about professions in the game not in real life
    He's an advertising account, of course he's going to talk about real life professions.

The best profession that allows you to stay a lot of time with family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petrderbikov View Post
    Personally, I raised a lot of money just from fishing.
    Quick side note, with pre-patch's interact via button now: Fishing just got a whole lot easier to farm. 1 button to deploy fish bobber and interact key when you here the "noise" that something is caught.

Heck if you reroute the keypress to mouse scroll wheel up and down, it's even easier.

On the flip side, fishes are considered a commodity item so selling on the AH means going up against the entire region.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

1+ Year Old Account
    None. Lol.

The major issues are two.

1. If you're a crafter, most of your time will be spent moving from the auctioneer and the mailbox, because you will be instantly undercut and you have to undercut back or you won't sell anything.
    2. If you're a gatherer, everybody and their grandma are a gatherer, including the bots, keeping the price of mats very low.

Just use your credit card if you want money.

Quote Originally Posted by Venvuki View Post
    What is, in your opinion, the best way to make money on professions?
    I've tried herb gathering + alchemy, however, every time I post on the AH I am being undercut within minutes ... Any suggestions / ideas as to how we can make professions profitable again?
    The best way to make money with a profession, is using the market to your advantage. People underestimate the power of old world items ( almost anything prior to the past expac ). I have been making mechano hogs. I have been trillium shuffling. Infinite dust shuffle. Making living steel. If you have a lot of down time where you afk a lot, you could also do arcane dust and planar essence shuffle, using netherweave ( 10s-15s each, makes high returns per 1gold invested ), it just takes a while to craft everything and then DE it. I have been farming my own titanium, along with a massive amount of saronite. I am making around 20k per hour invested, which isn't bad for mining.

As far as undercuts go, that is part of competing with everyone in our region with mats. So, if your commodity doesn't sell within the first 5-10 minutes, there is a chance someone posted 2k of the item you are selling, which could lead to not getting a sale. Also, as far as commodities go, you should never list them above 12hrs. Cut the post cost, in case it doesn't sell, and it also doesnt need to stay on the AH any longer than that, if it doesnt sell quick, it will probably expire.

Look for things that you can make where the mats are cheaper on the AH than the item crafted. you can extend this into something as siimple as refining ore into bars. Most of the time the profit is very small, maybe 2-3gold depending on the ore. However, it is profit for afking.

Nearly everything I have mentioned will require capital to do. Mixing all of these together, you can very easily pay for your wow sub with gold by using your free time right. Like in between dungeon queues, be crafting. Waiting for an M+? Craft. PVP? You will never guess what im about to say.... craft. If you are going to be getting up, leaving, not being at your pc with wow running, queue something to craft. Anything that you can do to produce as many items as possible. If you are doing things with commodities, its a quantity game. Low profits, extremely fast sales, so bulk is the best course of action. As far as crafted items that are bound to our server, like gear, its sometimes best to only craft 1, maybe 2. I typically stray away from that venue, items are typically slow to sell.

GET TSM. Even if you do not use it for the AH portion, use it for the groups and mailing options. It is amazing. Once set up, one click and you can send all of the mats you bought to all of your crafters. Then craft, then 1 click send the end products back to the banking alt, post and log off.

Another potential, and this requires a bit more work but once it starts rolling, its a real money maker. Pick a med-high pop server. Roll a lvl 1 or a lvl 10. Buy pets from your main server, move pets to new server, sell for higher. Theunderminejournal is an easy way to compare prices between 2 realms and figure out what to buy, what isn't in stock on the other server. I aim for a 30-50% profit. Atm, I have around 2 million in pets. It makes a token a month by itself. Dump the gold into tokens on the pet selling server.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    None. Lol.

The major issues are two.

1. If you're a crafter, most of your time will be spent moving from the auctioneer and the mailbox, because you will be instantly undercut and you have to undercut back or you won't sell anything.
    2. If you're a gatherer, everybody and their grandma are a gatherer, including the bots, keeping the price of mats very low.

Just use your credit card if you want money.
    So nobody can make any gold huh? How do you think the guy selling you gold got it in the first place?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So nobody can make any gold huh? How do you think the guy selling you gold got it in the first place?
    Had a army of bots farming all day at an industrial level and is only playing the game to farm mats? Like...if you want to play the game like that sure, go right ahead.

my 2c since DF on professions you need to combine the harvesting profession with your other profession so use them together the alchy and herb procession was my favorite in the past and it looks to best combo going forward I have blacksmith he not made any gold I added mining to that toon and working better!

Consumables (Alchemy and food), always. Players always need them on raid nights (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday typically at 7-8pm). Just chuck a bunch onto the AH on lowest duration half an hour prior to raid time. I typically made 100-150k a night with minimal effort.

Also buy Runes cheap to flip them on these nights.