Poll: Does Nathanos deserve a redemption arc

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    We just need to have fingers crossed on Calia dying soon or otherwise being ruled out.
    Maybe #thatknife will be used after all, just later than anyone anticipated At least it looks like Sylvanas isn't done with mortal affairs considering she's sending assassins.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Why redeem the most bland underdevelopped of charackters.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    no. He deserves to be unceremoniously killed offscreen and forgotten about.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Redemption for the one that would sell out every single horde without even thinking about it, if he fought it would please Sylvanas.

Sylvanas might have done what she did beliving that it was a sacrifice needed to be done and in the end save the horde, Nathanos dont care about saving the horde in any way, he just did what he did becouse Sylvanas wanted him to.
    Last edited by Raven; 2020-02-08 at 03:08 PM.

Just because you hesitate before you commit atrocities, doesn't mean you should be forgiven for them. At best he should be given the honor of being an add in a Sylvanas boss fight.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I have a redemption for Nathanos...

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Maybe #thatknife will be used after all, just later than anyone anticipated At least it looks like Sylvanas isn't done with mortal affairs considering she's sending assassins.
    I hope so. Calia for Forsaken is what Magatha is for tauren.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not learn. They cry about their already solved(by the Light, not their small brains) problems but if they encounter similar one in the future, their approach will be identical. What changes is that every time they cry more and more.
    Literally no problem encountered by Anduin and company has been solved "by the light," other than... I guess Anduin doing what priests do, and healing people in the BFA cinematic?

Meanwhile, EVERY. SINGLE. PROBLEM. encountered by Sylvanas has been triumphed over with "release the army of Val'kyr" or "release the blight."

Their motiations are indeed simple but this is not a good thing. They are as boring as local village priest.
    Simple, relatable motivations are better than... whatever the fuck Sylvanas is doing. Like, what IS she doing? She's just in a constant state of plotting and scheming to no actual end. It's fucking tiresome.

Reminds me of Baine and his boyfriend.
    Baine doesn't really say anything, so... no, I don't feel that appropriate at all.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

No hate that prick. Having to listen to hin CONSTANTLY

I hope so. Calia for Forsaken is what Magatha is for tauren.
    lol? actually grimtotems were developed and established, unlike calia that literally pop-up for the horde now in 8.3
    and magatha actually isnt claiming to be something that she isnt, unlike calia.
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-02-08 at 07:10 PM.

Give him a character of his own first, then we'll talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I don't like his character, so I vote no. Would much prefer him being a straight up villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Which also means he'll become like 50ft tall because everyone that becomes a raid boss in WoW also becomes huge (look at how big Kael is).
    That's purely for gameplay purposes because character-sized models are a bitch to keep track of in a raid, which is why most humanoid bosses tend to shrink down to character size upon death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I dunno, there is a dungeon in Revandreth that needs an endboss that truly encapsulates that zones particular brand of millenial edge.
    I can see it already, Nathanos shows up from the shadows, with his new model ovbiously, then he talks a big game about Sylvanas, and then we kill him, and his legacy will forever be that annoying M+ boss with too much RP.
    "Dont look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Orgrimmar was merely a set back. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some, screeching half-elven undead!?
    haha
    Oh no, she was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time you will not interfere!"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I have a redemption for Nathanos...

Yes! Vengeance for Teldrassil!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    That's purely for gameplay purposes because character-sized models are a bitch to keep track of in a raid, which is why most humanoid bosses tend to shrink down to character size upon death.
    Yep. And this has already been discussed. Still find it funny.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Someone who is so overly and needlessly snarky to everyone, especially player's character? An absolute edgelord? Becoming stupidly powerful because "reasons" (well, we know why...)?
    Why the hell would he? Just no...

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol? actually grimtotems were developed and established, unlike calia that literally pop-up for the horde now in 8.3
    and magatha actually isnt claiming to be something that she isnt, unlike calia.
    Calia was in Legion but that was a small role. Imagine Kor'vas becoming a night elf racial leader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    This is the way to do that. The story could be about him starting to question his beloved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Yes! Vengeance for Teldrassil!
    Didn't we already get our vengeance by killing Fandral and burning his abomination?
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    pretty much this
    his personality is being a88 to player hero, which i don't hate
    what i hate is everything else
    he is just a blind follower for Sylvanas, with strong evidence that he is a self inserted character from a blizz dev (more accurate self adopted, since he existed since ever, he was just nothing until Legion)
    As right now the only way he get redeemed is by also redeeming blizz writer team waifu, and i just want to burn her on stake, then nuke it to make sure she won't ever rez again in any form
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Someone who is so overly and needlessly snarky to everyone, especially player's character? An absolute edgelord? Becoming stupidly powerful because "reasons" (well, we know why...)?
    Why the hell would he? Just no...
    That makes him likeable. Do we have any other snarky characters?

That makes him likeable. Do we have any other snarky characters?
    That makes him annoying because that is all he does, again and again and again, especially because he does that without any reason other than being a total asshole.
    Yes, let's aggravate the Champion of the Horde, that will make him and the rest of the Horde follow Warchief even more closely! Not.