Locking threads for comments other than the OP.

I'm not sure if I can re-make my thread since it was locked, but it made me think of another suggestion, which is why would you lock a thread for posts by other people in the thread, or the posts other than the main OP? Wouldn't that just allow people to use that to lock threads of people they didn't like? It would make more sense to just infract anyone breaking the rules rather than locking the thread and preventing reasonable discussion if the OP isn't against the ToS and it's just posts after.

Also I don't think posts would need to be differentiated, if I was the only one who couldn't see their posts, but they could still see mine, than that shouldn't impair their ability to moderate. There wouldn't need to be a lot of extra work put in, you could just prevent it from blocking any information that could help them moderate, still allowing personal messages if needed. You wouldn't have to separate regular posts from moderator posts if the ability to not see posts was one-sided to begin with.

Please don't rant about mods. I'm not here to mod bash or discuss how they moderate, I just want to not see posts.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, this is a thread discussing moderation. Which is why the last one was closed... Maybe try reading the forum rules and just move on.
    How exactly am I supposed to get feedback on it if I can't bring it up? It's not necessarily even talking about moderation itself, but the act of blocking a moderator. Unless I'm missing something those are two different things. I don't want to stop them from doing their jobs I just don't want to see posts. I doubt it's as hard as Tziva was making it sound, there would only need to be slight changes made since the system in place would already work.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2020-02-07 at 03:03 AM.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Just butter up the moderators and brown nose to them so they're nice to you, and if that doesn't work, just be yourself with the volume turned up to 11 and take your infractions on the chin like the rest of us.

If your thread was locked not because of you you may try PMing a mod and ask if you can remake it. They used to let you in the past and they may still do.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just butter up the moderators and brown nose to them so they're nice to you, and if that doesn't work, just be yourself with the volume turned up to 11 and take your infractions on the chin like the rest of us.
    I don't want to get to know the moderators, and that's my problem. I have nothing personal against them I just don't want to see their personal posts.

At this point I really don't care either way. With the things I know about them I seriously would be happy for a reason to hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If your thread was locked not because of you you may try PMing a mod and ask if you can remake it. They used to let you in the past and they may still do.
    I made this new one with extra content, if they still think it's breaking rules, than fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    PM a global mod. Like the one that closed your last thread. And when a site like this doesn’t have true programmers and relies on outside software it’s incredibly difficult for them to do what you ask. Opening another thread discussing moderation, immediately after your last was closed for that reason, is fucking stupid.
    Nice edit. I already explained this.

I thought they hired someone new who could change the site? Or was that for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenHeat View Post
    I don't want to get to know the moderators, and that's my problem. I have nothing personal against them I just don't want to see their personal posts.

At this point I really don't care either way. With the things I know about them I seriously would be happy for a reason to hate them.
    Why not just find a different forum then if they bother you so much? If I had any sort of issue with the moderating team in any site or forum, I wouldn't subject myself to being part of it. It's just fighting the current and there's no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Why not just find a different forum then if they bother you so much? If I had any sort of issue with the moderating team in any site or forum, I wouldn't subject myself to being part of it. It's just fighting the current and there's no point.
    Same, I think the mods are pretty reasonable here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KitchenHeat View Post
    How exactly am I supposed to get feedback on it if I can't bring it up? It's not necessarily even talking about moderation itself, but the act of blocking a moderator. Unless I'm missing something those are two different things. I don't want to stop them from doing their jobs I just don't want to see posts. I doubt it's as hard as Tziva was making it sound, there would only need to be slight changes made since the system in place would already work.
    So they should change their systems because you don't want to see their posts? There is no reason to block a moderator - if you're seriously incapable of living with yourself if you see their posts, you probably need to find another forum to frequent.

Not that you'll have a choice in the matter if you keep creating topics like this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your feedback was noted and directly responded to. Between that and the fact that the topic was discussing moderation and replies were already doing so, there was no reason to keep it open.

Threads are locked in S&F when they've been addressed. They are not left open, especially if that discussion falls under forbidden topics. This is basically only a concern in S&F; no where else on MMOC is handled this way.

For the same reason, this thread is discussing moderation which is against the rules and I've responded to the issue at hand, so I am locking it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |