Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, you are looking at it wrong.

The cost of public college and cancelling student debt was estimated to be about 46 billion annually. That is like a third of what we just gave the military without batting an eye. And, believe it or not, would actually increase consumer spending and everything else as a whole.

The money spent there won't be thrown into some abyse like the military stuff does where it all goes to overseas crap and under millionaires mattress. It actually would be money the working class and poor instead use to get on with their life and consume stuff instead of subsisting just to pay it off. It would be a net gain and a way to help the poor (White and Minority) actually start pulling themselves up.

And Medicare for all is projected to SAVE 3 trillion over 10 years. So you are wrong at every spot right there. Yes, taxes would go up to cover it, but the overall money saved would more than offset it and again go to consumer spending by the poor and middle class.

You want to address the deficit, raise taxes on the rich and corporations.

Taxes on corporations are out of their profits, not their total income, unlike normal people. What they pay their employees or re-invest back into the company is already tax deductible. Same with the rich, the money they kept and paid taxes on was the money they didn't keep in their company.

You want to help with Social Security, raise the cap. Only the first $120,000 of someones income is taxed on it, the rest is exempt so the working class and poor are paying for it while the top largely ignore it while keeping the lions share of the profits.

Or start taxing all income as income, regardless of source after $250,000 a year. That allows those who just start to actually get a feel for the market and start out while those who's entire life is it don't get to abuse it to pay lower taxes than their own workers. I remember working at Walmart learning that the Walton's got roughly 2.2 BILLION a year while paying a lower tax rate than my shift manager while the shift workers were all largely too poor to even pay taxes at all.

There are ways to address the issues, the problem is MODERN conservatives and the Republican party are ideologically opposed to effective governance.
    It's like talking to toddler. He'll just spew waht he wants because he cannot grasp the reality of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It's like talking to toddler. He'll just spew waht he wants because he cannot grasp the reality of facts.
    I think he knows this, he just wants to antagonize.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Does anyone remember who raised the debt ceiling the last time? Was it Trump? I can't recall.
    Raising the debt ceiling is important so the country doesn default on it's debt. It is also something that has been a bipartisan no brainers until a black guy got in office and all the racists showed their true selves. But then you ignore historical facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I think he knows this, he just wants to antagonize.
    I know. I like calling them out and proving them ignorant in public too.

You're probably right, the deficit must be addressed. I think we should start addressing it by not canceling student debt and not having government-supported healthcare. It's a priority and I'll make sure I vote for candidates with programs that don't include an insane and unnecessary increase in government spending.
    It's not govt supported healthcare, it's either already in the budget or the individual is already paying for it.
    The amount saved would reduce the amount we would have fund for current programs like Medicaid...chip....medicare....

How hard is it for people like you to understand that it's not an increase in spending??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You're probably right, the deficit must be addressed. I think we should start addressing it by not canceling student debt and not having government-supported healthcare. It's a priority and I'll make sure I vote for candidates with programs that don't include an insane and unnecessary increase in government spending.
    As Fugus already covered this extensively I will just add this, your opposition to reforming the healthcare system and abolishing student debt is not based on economics or what would be better for the economy overall, but rather it's an ideological opposition.

But then again, Voodoonomics have been the hallmark of Republican politics since the 1980s.