Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonentity View Post
    I would enjoy doing them more if I didn't have to farm 10k coalescing vision for each attempt and lose my vessel horrific visions if I die.

I only play solo, as I'm back in WoW only for a month or two and most of the people/guildies I played with don't play WoW anymore or are playing Classic. So just getting knocked into a group of enemies by the damn imaginary fires debuff at the wrong moment, e.g., when I was just about to refresh my sanity, just sucks.

On the one hand you have to take your time and play very consciously because you have to manage your health as well as your sanity, on the other hand you have to rush because your sanity is steadily dropping. Not loving that design.

Currently playing them as my demon hunter, maybe I'll enjoy them more when I've levelled my Blood DK. But for now, just doing them to level my cloak for the corruption resistance etc. and trying to get into corrupted areas as well as killing the boss.
    If you're dying in a horrific vision, you have your own poor planning to blame. Not a single pack in either of the 2 versions can kill you all on their own unless you do nothing and stay still for 20-30 seconds. If you over-pull, that's on you. If you under-pull and end up losing sanity before killing the boss, that's on you too for not being able to do some simple mental math and determine you could've pulled 2-3 mobs more per pull.

You go from a random sentence about playing classic right into being tossed around with scorched feet? How is either of those relevant to each other? Also it only takes you to get tossed 1-2 times for you to figure out that if you stand still, you don't get tossed. You only get tossed if you move a couple steps forward or sideways.
    Also your claim about being tossed when refreshing sanity is non-sense, because popping the orb temporarily disables ALL horrific vision affixes within the orb's radius. So even if your feet were already ignited, popping the orb makes it go away. If you moved in that duration, that's on you.

Manage health and sanity? As a DH? Are you running visions at like 390 item level? What in there is doing that much damage to you? Do you not interrupt or stun anything? Are you running it without the leech talent? If so, that's on you, again. Starting to see a pattern here.

Sanity drain stops being a worry once you hit cloak rank 3 and upwards, at least for a 3 chest run. If you're running single chests for just the quest item, then you have 3 orbs to use before you enter Alleria/Thrall's room, what the heck are you doing with those?

As another dude pointed out already, you're playing one of the best, if not THE best class to do visions on right now and yet you're coming up with the most illogical complaints.
    Maybe it's time to take a step back and accept you don't know how to play your class. First learn how to do that, and then play the content that requires you to know how to use the tools at your disposal. SMH \rant

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I personally find Visions very fun content. It has a neat progression where you over time unlock more research talents that make you more resistant, you get your power upgrade for the cloak and continues even after rank 15 if you wish to get even more corruption resistance (that ties with more corrupted items). I like how you have the choice of increasing the difficulty with masks to get more rewards. And i think it's a neat idea that daily content ties into that with the currency needed to progress even further. It some mounts to get some mog to unlock.

I personally always have a good time when i go in wether that's solo or in group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you miss one or more weeks, you can do the previous quests you missed and then the current quest, all in the same week, considering you have enough vessels.

They're not RNG. They're 100% drop if you pay attention to the quest text, since the pages start dropping only from Corrupted and Lost areas after you reach rank 6+ on your cloak, and then I think only in Lost areas when you reach past rank 12.

They are not anymore 100%, my husband did lost areas and didn't got all pages in 1 run. it's rng how much you get now even if you do the whole vision.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can only carry 5 vessels, so if you miss and you don't have enough vessels then you can't do as much runs as you can when you miss one week of content

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I just do them because I have to stay relevant but its far from enjoyable content and its no mage tower for sure.
    Glad it’s not. Would be boring and buggy as hell
    Perhaps the visions are to challenging for you, and your craving for easyer times, i dunno. Only accessibility sucks for vision..

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]They are not anymore 100%, my husband did lost areas and didn't got all pages in 1 run. it's rng how much you get now even if you do the whole vision.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can only carry 5 vessels, so if you miss and you don't have enough vessels then you can't do as much runs as you can when you miss one week of content
    There's no RNG. You just can't get more than 2 per run.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

[/SIZE][/COLOR]They are not anymore 100%, my husband did lost areas and didn't got all pages in 1 run. it's rng how much you get now even if you do the whole vision.
    Please, learn how things work before you start spreading misinformation. There is a cap of 2 pages per run, no matter how many zones you do. There's no RNG involved whatsoever.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Again, the amount of half information in this thread baffles me.

Your husband didn't get "all" pages in 1 run? - OK - what is "all" here? 2 or 4? If it's 4 then it was already known from PTR testing that you can only get 2 pages per run even if you do a full clear, forcing you to run it twice to complete the quest. If "all" was 2 pages, then I call bullshit because i did the rank 7->8->9 upgrades on 6 characters this week and they ALL received 2 pages per run.
    There is NO rng involved in the dropping of quest items in horrific visions because of it's limited attempts nature.

Also, the whole "missing out on upgrades" is a non-issue. If you were away from the game for long and just came back, you can still get rank 5-6 in the week you're back. Then rank 7-8 in the second week, 9 and above in the third. You only need upto cloak rank 6 to be functional, with the on-use ability. Anything above that is a bonus for now and is not a requirement. Is it a nice-to-have? Yes. Do you need to be able to catch up to it in 1 go? No.

I'm usually one who bashes blizzard's design philosophies and the state of the game, but dayum, you guys have me beat with this level of nonsense complaints. I don't feel embarrassed about mine anymore.

Since I resub last weekend after a break, I haven't tried a vision by now.

But I have two major questions (besides I need to understand how the visions work) as a 420 resto shaman
    - is there any chance to do more than the initial section at that item level?
    - do I have any chance to find a group for visions (since everyone needs to supply a vessel it's not like M+ and "Play your own key so you can't get declined!")?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'm really disappointed at Blizzard trying to sell visions as a "solo friendly" feature, when you can join a group and vaporize everything there.
    wtf.

They are solo friendly despite groups being able to destroy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post

But I have two major questions (besides I need to understand how the visions work) as a 420 resto shaman
    - do I have any chance to find a group for visions (since everyone needs to supply a vessel it's not like M+ and "Play your own key so you can't get declined!")?
    at least the people in my guild love to team up with a healer for visions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post

Realistically the problem isn't limited to just your ilv but also your cloak level. As the cloak is upgraded, the amount of sanity loss decreases so you can "survive" longer.

And yeah it seems that finding groups in group finder works ok. Just make sure you are on the same quest point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    My problem is cooldowns. I can pull a ton of stuff, and AoE it all down, but then I'm watching my sanity drain away as I wait for those 45 second cooldowns to finish.
    This is where Ineffable Truth Corruption can help.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The other issue is my stupid elemental.
    Frozen orb build doesn't use water elemental. It defaults to Lonely Winter for the extra 25% DPS on Ice Lance.

To recap: Frozen Orb build talents

-> Lonely Winter
    -> Shimmer
    -> Rune of Power
    -> Chain Reaction
    -> Ice Ward
    -> Freezing Rain
    -> Thermal Void
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

i enjoy the fuck out of them, minus the fact that i dc every now and then inside of them.

Just 5-chested it as a Disc Priest

its the least bad content in 8.3

not THAT good, for sure not even close to being as good as mage tower, but still fun nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's no RNG. You just can't get more than 2 per run.
    alright. don't need for those other people to feel amazing telling me the same thing, also thanks

I put off doing visions as long as possible, until I have 5 of the keys and over 15k currency, so if I do one more weekly invasion I'll go over the cap.

I really don't like having to repeat the exact same content over and over to get my cloak upgrade for the week. And many of the debuffs are just annoying as hell. Why not make the enemies more difficult, or spawn more of them, rather than snaring me with tons of crap on the ground or whatever? Annoying as hell, and to me at least, not fun.

They are not anymore 100%, my husband did lost areas and didn't got all pages in 1 run. it's rng how much you get now even if you do the whole vision.
    You can only get 2 pages per run, even on a full clear.

The invasion caches give each one vessel. They also give you 5.5k coalescing visions, each, meaning you can buy a third vessel. Also, assuming you wish to catch up to the latest quest, doing three dailies in Uldum and three dailies in the Vale, for a whole week, nets you a total of 10.500 coalescing visions, meaning a fourth vessel. Also, doing the small 'vision of N'zoth' in the major invasion zone nets you 1.5k coalescing visions, and doing it seven times in a week nets you 10.5k more to buy a fifth vessel.

That's on top of the vessels you already had stored from previous weeks, if any.

Hah, I do them on a BM hunter and I find the constant forced movement annoying as hell. I can't even imagine playing a caster in there.

You can only get 2 pages per run, even on a full clear.

The invasion caches give each one vessel. They also give you 5.5k coalescing visions, each, meaning you can buy a third vessel. Also, assuming you wish to catch up to the latest quest, doing three dailies in Uldum and three dailies in the Vale, for a whole week, nets you a total of 10.500 coalescing visions, meaning a fourth vessel. Also, doing the small 'vision of N'zoth' in the major invasion zone nets you 1.5k coalescing visions, and doing it seven times in a week nets you 10.5k more to buy a fifth vessel.

That's on top of the vessels you already had stored from previous weeks, if any.
    so i was told (like x6 times), had the idea more than 2 pages per run in the beginning, and i have been doing everyday dailies, i have way too much vessels, sometimes i even need to spend it cause i can't carry anymore. have been doing everyday everything, even rares but when i don't have time it will be a bit worse, the dailies give a lot and new assaults
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-02-11 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, though not much to actually do in them other than tag everything and aoe to death...

That debuff is a delight for casters.

I also wouldn't mind the debuff on the main area (-10% damage, +25% damage if you stand in small circle) if Alleria didn't spam so many huge area of effect abilities like an hyperactive cat high on catnip, preventing me from standing in the same spot for more than a second.

- - - Updated - - -

What level is your cloak? Also: are you leveling your tech tree?

Because the very first unlock in the tech tree grants you an ability to summon an area of effect for a short while that completely negates the corruption effects and restores your sanity to full while you stand on it. Like, +100 sanity per second.

And you can summon said area of effect three times. Per run.
    Have that and the one that revives you.. Still not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Are you leveling up your tech tree? It makes them a hell of alot easier to do.

The damage increase and sanity for killing elites are huge for making the whole thing easier.
    Leveling the tree as fast as possible but the amount of momentoes needed every time is ridiculous.
    It takes me a week at least to get one talent.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Have that and the one that revives you.. Still not enough.
    What are you doing in those visions? With all that I can clear two Corrupted and one Lost area... and still have a little less than half a sanity bar left, AND one more use of the sanity refill ability. And the auto-rez still left, too.

And that's while doing side stuff like checking mailboxes and opening chests, too.

Leveling the tree as fast as possible but the amount of momentoes needed every time is ridiculous.
    It takes me a week at least to get one talent.
    ... Again: what are you doing in those visions? Buying the bottom talent in the tree costs me a total of four vision runs.