Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    This is false. I did both corrupted and lost areas last night 4 times in a row. I only got 2 pages each run. I swear like 3 weeks ago I did get a bonus page from a lost area. I'm curious to whether this got ninja nerfed.
    So...you literally confirmed what I said, and called it false? Which part of "cap of 2 pages per run" was unclear? And nothing got nerfed, it actually got buffed/fixed, at the beginning you couldn't get pages from lost areas, but they hotfixed them to drop pages as well, but, again, with a cap of 2 per run, no matter how many areas you complete.

Ah, okay. I reread the post you quoted, and I see where the problem is. You only read the first sentence and completely ignored the rest of the post.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Horrific Visions - Do you actually enjoy them?
    Yeah, actually, I do enjoy them. Wasn't too excited about them initially but after playing them I find myself enjoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So next week we have to start doing required lost areas. I've been lazy as hell and only done the bare min to get pages, is there a optimized route I should take through Org?
    You can get into the Valley of Wisdom (lost area) without going into any corrupted zone. Go up the path on the left, kill the little mobs, kill the big mob at the end of the path and hang right going down the hill and you're there. Easiest access to a lost area in either horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    And yes, I was talking Org
    Ah, it makes sense more or less. Org is a lot easier from my experience.

And as a 460 moonkin, if you're doing 1 mask in org and it's "close"
    I was talking about today's run, which is SW (I even mentioned Alleria).

...then you're either pulling too small, are behind on titanic research, don't use potions inside the vision, don't use visions food, or...I don't know.
    maybe / not at all / i do / i do. It's just Umbric which requires basically full sanity bar before you approach him (will get easier with even more sanity loss reduction from cloak) and an orb after him cause you dont really want to approach last boss with less than half of sanity. So one boss alone (and not even the last one!) requires 2 orbs by himself, which is ridiculous.

My moonkin is 18 ilvls below you and can do 2 masks (burned bridge and dark imagination)
    Yeah I unlocked dark imagination just today since this one is from SW lost district. While the add itself is very weak from what I've read, its the fact that Umbric will get yet another +25% hp making his fight even longer that scares me.

As for Umbric, and everyone's beloved madness - don't wait for teleport. Get him out of his "shroud" or whatever, and immediately start backing towards the middle of the room. You will have much shorter distance to run once he teleports. It might be somewhat difficult on moonkin with long cd on interrupt, as you will lose some sanity from his casts, but you should be immune to polymorph? plus you have a lot of instants and DoTs, so that makes it much easier.
    My dots are doing enough work that the moment I cancel his shroud he instantly teleports to the other side, with maybe an occassional poly cast ><

IDK, the whole Mage quarter area is just poorly done. While I already know the most efficient path to all portals, its still a lot of walking here (with Laden Feet...), getting combat from these spawning adds, and the elite in the center can drain a lot of sanity if you dont manage the slow debuff correctly... and then there's Umbric. Valley of Honor and Valley of Wisdom combined dont cause as much headache...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cierah View Post
    You can get into the Valley of Wisdom (lost area) without going into any corrupted zone. Go up the path on the left, kill the little mobs, kill the big mob at the end of the path and hang right going down the hill and you're there. Easiest access to a lost area in either horrific.
    I find it a lot better to just go through the begining of the Valley of Spirits. The elite in the way is probably the easiest in all of the visions and a +200 sanity for kill is always nice. Then if you decide to do Valley of Spirits anyway, you can get straight into totems.

- - - Updated - - -

So...you literally confirmed what I said, and called it false? Which part of "cap of 2 pages per run" was unclear? And nothing got nerfed, it actually got buffed/fixed, at the beginning you couldn't get pages from lost areas, but they hotfixed them to drop pages as well, but, again, with a cap of 2 per run, no matter how many areas you complete.

Ah, okay. I reread the post you quoted, and I see where the problem is. You only read the first sentence and completely ignored the rest of the post.
    I quoted the wrong person. Sorry friend. And then quoted myself like a dumb F. I need more coffee lol.

Did my 4 identical runs in a row this morning before work. Hated every second of it. Thanks Blizz.

I really don't enjoy having to do the same exact thing 4 times in a row this week. Even when adding in several masks it's utterly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's pretty miserable as Shadow, that's true. I'm almost tempted to try as Disc, but then again, nuking multiple packs with Focusing Iris/Eruption is the only saving grace. But when compared to running vision on a melee alt, the difference is staggering. Having nearly zero on demand burst is pretty limiting on bosses, too, and I can imagine it only getting worse with multiple masks. Voidform playstyle is really poorly suited to that type of content.
    Its surprisingly easy as disc. Mobs have half health, you have higher burst than shadow (unless you specifically spec for mediocre burst at 1 minute intervals as shadow), damage intake is a non-issue, etc.

The only thing it lacks is a kick, but you barely notice since as shadow you might get 1 kick off per pull anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I quoted the wrong person. Sorry friend. And then quoted myself like a dumb F. I need more coffee lol.
    It was pretty obvious that you accidentally quoted the wrong person. I would worry at all about them.

- - - Updated - - -

All good, I'm a zombie before my coffee as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    It was pretty obvious that you accidentally quoted the wrong person. I would worry at all about them.
    On other forums that would be my assumption, yes, but on this forum....I try not to assume anything, and nothing surprises me anymore.

w
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    This entire patch has been awful enough that I forced myself to get the cloak on my main after a couple weeks, and did what I think was a Horrific Vision (no clue), and just haven't been back. I've barely logged on at all, since doing even pre-8.3 content gives tons of items with corruption (even if the character has done zero 8.3 content and lacks even an unleveled cloak) so my attitude is eff it all, I have better things to do.

Very frustrating to want to play WoW, and yet have the game be in such an awful state that I frequently log onto my pc planning to play, update my addons, but then never quite manage to make myself log on. When I do, it's to run (pointless, yet another reason I wish a meteor would wipe out the dev team - alien abduction would also work for me) completely unrewarding Crushing the Crown runs, or triple boxing IEs while watching movies - although having finally gotten Squawks, I feel little desire to even do those at this point.

Honestly, it's like they're curious as to how many of us they can keep subbing, and for how long, despite breaking WoW with bugs, poor class balance and game/gear mechanics, and extremely UNfun content.

I've reached my limit, and spend most of my free time reading instead of bothering to log in. It's a shame they don't let you pause subs. What little I play now, is because I feel bad about the money I wasted on game time.

Does anybody know what is required for rank 12 next week?

Or is it for real that you only have to do 1 of the hard areas?
    Last edited by Sámsa; 2020-02-19 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Does anybody know what is required for rank 12 next week?
    11. 8 corrupted (4 runs)
    12. 1 lost
    13. 6 lost (3 runs)
    14. 12 lost (6 runs)
    15. 18 lost (9 runs)

So basically 1 lost area.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Not on day one. Or month.

I also one-shot it on Fire Mage, Feral.

But healer challenges? Or as a Shadow Priest Outlaw Rogue? No way.
    Shadow priest was actually a joke, you basically negated most of p2 by using s2m

Nothing is particularly fun about them.

What sucks is how they capped the amount of pages you could get per run. I mean, really?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, they are boring and doing the same run multiple times is terrible. All I do now is log in to do the horrific so I can keep my cloak up with my raid team.

Its going to be a long wait till the next Xpac...........

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Shadow priest was actually a joke, you basically negated most of p2 by using s2m
    If you could make it work, which took quite a few attempts.
    And tank challenges for a long time where no push overs either. Some classes struggled up until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yep, shadow priest was actually easiest one as it was the only character at 890 ilvl I did. Rest of my alts were 900-910.
    Obviously absolute shit gear and either no legendaries or 2 random ones (i got up to 3 leggos per alt but only for one spec)

You basically popped STM at the begining but NOT enter voidform. Once the you could hit the boss, you pop VF all cds and burn down the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    If you could make it work, which took quite a few attempts.
    And tank challenges for a long time where no push overs either. Some classes struggled up until the end.
    No, worst tank was bear and pala, rest of them just steamrolled it. All at ~900-910 ilvl with no legednaries (used dps ones as stat sticks).
    Only healer ones were hard. I never had more than 20 pulls on tanks but healers took over 50 tries - but that is mainly because I did not know how to play healers.

11. 8 corrupted (4 runs)
    12. 1 lost
    13. 6 lost (3 runs)
    14. 12 lost (6 runs)
    15. 18 lost (9 runs)

So basically 1 lost area.
    I really hope they increase the amount of Coalescing Visions you earn during the week and maybe up the cap. The last 2 ranks are going to suck lol.