Poll: Should money be account-wide?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    All transferable currencies should be account wide, not just gold. Without needing to go anywhere, press any extra button.
    I get it, this game is 20 years old, but come on, wasting time sending gold or pet charms or what have you is NOT where the game experience is at... or shouldn't be, anyway.

I still remember logging in and out on my 38 alts to gather all my pet charms to get the 5k pet. Or doing the same to get all scraps of gold to buy the papi butterfly pet. I keep my alts in strategic places to farm mounts / pet stuff, so I don't move them. Thank god for mail toys.
    So if warband bank is not summonable with a toy, then it's just as useless. Nevermind still having to log on all chars again, so literally no difference from what we have now. Not sure how people think going to a bank to deposit stuff in a big pool and going there to retrieve stuff is somehow different from using mail or from using a personal guild bank...
    Even the transfer UI is lousy. I'd still have to log on every single alt to do the transfer. Why did they even bother when mailing is almost the exact same effort, especially since a mail toy is easily available with Maruuk faction.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2024-04-18 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    It is not, strictly speaking. We've already debated on this throughout this topic.
    Yeah it really is though. You also get an ability to access the warbank anywhere you are so you can literally access all the gold on your account from anywhere in the world whenever you want.

What more do you want lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Yeah it really is though. You also get an ability to access the warbank anywhere you are so you can literally access all the gold on your account from anywhere in the world whenever you want.

What more do you want lol
    You still need to deposit gold in the bank with one character before being able to withdraw it with another. As we've already said before, it's indeed a step forward, but it's still flawed.

You still need to deposit the gold in the bank with one character before being able to withdraw it with another. As we've already said before, it's indeed a step forward, but it's still flawed.
    What kinda ridiculous trivial complaint is that? Of course you have to deposit what you get as you play somebody has to loot the gold don't they lmao, just deposit it all before you log out of your play session? Or give each of your alts some 'pocket money' and keep the rest in your warbank that is LITERALLY ACCOUNT WIDE.

This seems like if blizzard literally handed you a sack of gold on the street you'd just complain about how heavy the sack is...

What kinda ridiculous trivial complaint is that? Of course you have to deposit what you get as you play somebody has to loot the gold don't they lmao, just deposit it all before you log out of your play session? Or give each of your alts some 'pocket money' and keep the rest in your warbank that is LITERALLY ACCOUNT WIDE.

This seems like if blizzard literally handed you a sack of gold on the street you'd just complain about how heavy the sack is...
    The only thing that can be branded as 'ridiculous' is your attitude, so calm down, first of all. What we are talking about here is being able to see and use all the gold you have with all your characters without being compelled to take intermediate steps in the process. Do you understand that or should I explain it to you with colourful drawings?

As I've already told you, I see this new measure as an improvement, but things can be done better.
    Last edited by Nork; 2024-04-18 at 08:35 PM.

As I've already told you, I see this new measure as an improvement, but things can be done better.
    In your opinion, which I find wrong. You want to circumnavigate MORE rpg elements in favor of self-proclaimed convenience. I find this way to be the perfect way to go about it. Of course if my toon kills and loots something the gold goes to him, not just teleported to an account system like in diablo 3. The warbank IS account-wide gold anyway it's all the same you are just whining about a incredibly minor and irrelevant detail. I mean this warbank even broke the gold cap and you're still crying for more.

This is an amazing feature and yes your toon that actually did the killing and looting should receive gold/items. Hard stop.

In your opinion, which I find wrong. You want to circumnavigate MORE rpg elements in favor of self-proclaimed convenience. I find this way to be the perfect way to go about it. Of course if my toon kills and loots something the gold goes to him, not just teleported to an account system like in diablo 3. The warbank IS account-wide gold anyway it's all the same you are just whining about a incredibly minor and irrelevant detail.

This is an amazing feature and yes your toon that actually did the killing and looting should receive gold/items. Hard stop.
    No shit that was my opinion. Thanks for pointing that out, Sherlock.

No shit that was my opinion. Thanks for pointing that out, Sherlock.
    So quit speaking as if your opinion is fact. Every single perk of having account-wide gold is present in TWW

Let's be real you are crying about having to type numbers to deposit/withdraw (again whenever and wherever you want) gold every once in a while.

So quit speaking as if your opinion is fact. Every single perk of having account-wide gold is present in TWW

Let's be real you are crying about having to type numbers to deposit/withdraw (again whenever and wherever you want) gold every once in a while.
    Where did I say my opinion was fact? Quote me, Sherlock. The only person I see whining here is you, I'm afraid. You're the one who doesn't want to give others the option I'm suggesting. My standpoint is practical and if you look at the poll, many people agrees with me.

Where did I say my opinion was fact? Quote me, Sherlock. The only person I see whining here is you, I'm afraid. You're the one who doesn't want to give others the option I'm suggesting.
    You're free to suggest all you want just like I'm free to call out silly things and whining as I see fit. See how that works Watson? And you're poll is cool and all, but blizz ain't gonna change it at this point so I seem to be winning regardless

Here this might help you

Last edited by Ereb; 2024-04-18 at 09:30 PM.

You're free to suggest all you want just like I'm free to call out silly things and whining as I see fit. See how that works Watson? And you're poll is cool and all, but blizz ain't gonna change it at this point so I seem to be winning regardless

Here this might help you

The fact that you talk about 'winning' as if it could offend me or something only points out how immature you are. Yes, you've won. Congratulations, kid.

Yes, you've won. Congratulations.
    Thanks Watson!

Mailing gold between alts may literally take minutes out of my year. The horror.

Are you trying to deny an in-game improvement just because some malicious players could take advantage of it? Come on, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean at most they only have 500 million assuming they have an account of gold capped characters and we are assuming they aren't already?

I mean crap when you hit 500 million you literally aren't even allowed to gain another copper what's even the point of manipulating the market you literally can't make any more money unless blizzard raises the cap
    500million gold has market worth of 33K euro/dollar approx. At this point - you probably have more than 1 account.

Point is - the limitation is obviously to avoid cost at Blizzards side(banning people, all the administrative work, how to recreate lost asset etc.). It's a simple way of mitigating risk.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-04-18 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    500million gold has market worth of 33K euro/dollar approx. At this point - you probably have more than 1 account.

Point is - the limitation is obviously to avoid cost at Blizzards side(banning people, all the administrative work, how to recreate lost asset etc.). It's a simple way of mitigating risk.
    That risk already exists. The problem you're talking about is not new and I don't see the AH collapsing.
    Last edited by Nork; 2024-04-18 at 10:03 PM.

That risk already exists. The problem you're talking about is not new and I don't see the AH collapsing.
    Well, Blizzard supposedly doesn't agree with you.

Otherwise we would not discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

I mean if you convert it to tokens that's 33K that you literally can only spend on Blizzard products....since this doesn't include Blizzard stock its not like you can take that 33k and you know live off it or something at most get 1 of everything from the collectible section of the gear shop and still have 29k left over (roughly using dollars cause I aint converting) That's already enough money to pay for a subscription for longer than wow will probably exist (roughly 183 years by my calculation)

like that aint gonna crash the market that just means a dude has a subscription for the rest of Blizzard's life and every collectors edition of every game period plus probably a full hearthstone collection.

its more than likely

a> They don't want to
    b> its a little bit more of a project to get it done.
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean if you convert it to tokens that's 33K that you literally can only spend on Blizzard products....since this doesn't include Blizzard stock its not like you can take that 33k and you know live off it or something at most get 1 of everything from the collectible section of the gear shop and still have 29k left over (roughly using dollars cause I aint converting) That's already enough money to pay for a subscription for longer than wow will probably exist (roughly 183 years by my calculation)

like that aint gonna crash the market that just means a dude has a subscription for the rest of Blizzard's life and every collectors edition of every game period plus probably a full hearthstone collection.

its more than likely

a> They don't want to
    b> its a little bit more of a project to get it done.
    B.

Sending news out of people got banned isn't the best PR either. I think it cost more than just programmers to make gold accountwide.

Blizzard for me always been the most see through company ever.
    <Can we earn money from removing the restriction(i.e more subs)?
    <No?
    <Is the risk worth it vs. no income?
    <No?
    <We won't do it then.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-04-19 at 12:36 PM.

I would let players use the new Warbank as a joint resource, but keep money in bags separate. I imagine my characters as a group of friends who share resources as necessary, but they're not the same person.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

everything should be account wide, including map exploration and quest progression