Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    She's always been a fan favorite character , for 2 big obvious well rounded reasons ahem.. How are you starting only now to notice? This the reason i always have to disagree when people say she'll be a raid boss or we will kill her sometime somewhere , nah not going to happen she's the new face of WoW and she's been ever since Thrall stepped down from his throne

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus christ no. We don't need her to be Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Nah this is likely her last expansion her and Nathanos are done with the Jailer.
    she not dying boy
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Night elfs deserved to die sylvanas did the right thing to burn teldrassil. Its called world of warcraft not world of baby cuddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There’s also the fact that in most stories, at least that I am familiar with, whenever someone is brought back from the dead they either don’t have memories of their experience or they are taken from them. They usually come back with no memory of the experience.
    This does not seem to be the way for Warcraft though with Sylvanas fully remembering and being terrified by her short stint in the Maw, with other Undead we don't know and it has yet to be answered how the Shadowlands interact with necromancy. Can you only raise people that are freshly dead so their souls are not yet in the Shadowlands (the new Horsemen would speak against that) or is it indeed as you say and they forget what they saw there, with Sylvanas being the only exception? So many questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You have a perfect example of things being done to redeem people with Hal Jordan, in that it took 3 explanations but was finally forgiven by some kind of retcon.
    The Naruto is also another great example.
    The point is Blizzard could do any type of storytelling to redeem her. I never once stated it would be good storytelling in doing so.
    Absolutely there are many ways she could be redeemed, it is not like we players will make that decision. But it would leave many players very unsatisfied. I mean in the examples I mentioned the reader is not hmm "directly involved" for lack of a better term, they are looking at a story from the outside and judge it good or bad, but they have no personal stake.

WoW on the other hand does have a very deep influence on people, as we have seen throughout BFA people identify with their factions and fight lengthy forum battles against those that try to attack that faction (not excluding myself here). This means that redeeming a character like Sylvanas after all the crimes she commited against one faction in particular, will alienate people a lot more then a comic book would.
    In other words, if there is no vengeance for Teldrassil and it just gets explained away as being a "necessary evil" and we get Ranger General Sylvanas back to lead us to victory the Alliance and Nightelves in particular will feel betrayed by the writers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Night elfs deserved to die sylvanas did the right thing to burn teldrassil. Its called world of warcraft not world of baby cuddling.
    hey don't ruin my blood elf waifu femdom cuddling fantasies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Azshara says hi.
    She can have whats left... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    She can have whats left... :P
    No, I mean that Tyrande had a great reason to want to kill Azshara that she has basically had for 10k years and she wasn't even around.

So I doubt she'll get to put a finger on Kween Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    She is the Black Knight/Batman of WoW. A misunderstood and tragic figure that is neither a hero or villain.
    We understand her pretty damn well and she's evil. When did Batman set a city of innocents on fire?

And no I don't think she's the main character. WoW has no main character. Temporary main characters at best, like Thrall in Cataclysm or Khadgar in Legion.

Let's break down this trainwreck point by point:

"Sylvanas' reply is subtle but just; War brings cruelty, death and destruction. War doesn't care whether you are a soldier, farmer, civilian or even a child. Fate is cruel. She brings this point further in the conservation"

You ignored the reply, which points out that Sylvanas is wrong. This is not "just war." It's hatred, rage, and killing hope not just for the night elves but for everyone, as we see by the end. The elf hearkens back to the days when she was a good, caring person, and all Sylvanas remembers is a fool. That is not her anymore.

"<bizarrely elaborate conspiracy theory about staging Varian's death that I couldn't possibly quote it all>"

They hinted at forces manipulating things with Vol'jin's death and "reincarnation", but absolutely nothing of the sort with Varian. in Before The Storm, she says he would've died either way. That's all we've got.

"To complete the deal, she orders Nathanos to give Azshara the dagger so she may kill N'zoth herself and rule the Black Empire."

Uh huh. No. Loyalist ending, Sylvanas says to your face that her plan was to have N'zoth released so he'd line our cities with corpses. But by the end even he would be no match for her death-related allies. Maybe Azshara was in on that? I don't really care, if any step in that stage involves "unleash the Black Empire to kill both factions", it's not a good plan.

"Being one of the leaders with the most military experience of all of the faction leaders even if you love or hate her there is some credibility in what she is saying."

That both factions won't be enough to defeat this looming darkness? Heard it before. From basically everyone ever. They're dead now.

"With the Scourge running rampant..." <because of Sylvanas unleashing them. Good job, Sylvanas.>

"discover about the Jailor and chase Sylvanas which she knows will finally open their eyes to the true threat."

Remember the last time someone was telling us all to "open our eyes" to the truth? You should, because it's now. He's not a good guy either.

" Once the heroes arrive to fix the engine of Death and return to the Maw they will have the strength to fight the evil that lies in the Maw before that same evil destroys everything in the cosmos if it breaks free."

Ah yes, the entity in the Maw. The one that she's feeding the souls of innocents to. That maw.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-14 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.