What I imagine Half orc/draenei would actually look like

When I saw these guys, I instantly realised, these are what half orc/draeien are supposed to look like. Funny thing, is blizzard already did it, but they don't use it as a half orc/draenei - but it really looks like what I imagine one would. Now I know we have the half orc/human that some versions of Garona are, and that we know exist, (Me'dan and others), but in game there are half orc/draenei that still use the orc model.

Look at their faces and their bodies.

1. They have the draenei legs, but ending in feet like pawas instead of hooves as befits a cross breed that has features mixed
    2. They have a tail, from the draenei side
    3. Their face looks both Orcish and Dreanei at the same times, like a mix. From teeth to head.
    4. They have the bulk that is reminiscent of somewhere between an orc and a draenei.

ARE THE MOGU's appearance blizzards Half-orc/draenei project that got used for that race??
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-02-15 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's an interesting take. Back during MoP I did wonder why the Mogu looked the way they did after it was introduced that they were like Dwarves in the sense they were the descendants/offshoots of the Titan/Watcher Creations and that Ra-den was involved in their creations. Primarily due to the fact that they didn't resemble the other Titan Creation descended races such as Vrykul, Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. At least that was until Norushen was introduced and it could be assumed they were based off his design rather than Ra-den making them wholly.

But on the topic of whether they were a repurposed Half-Orc/Draenei Design, maybe? I mean there's also some resemblance to the Broken Draenei model:

So it's not too farfetched that they had some relation in concept to the Orcs and Draenei before becoming their own race.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-02-15 at 05:11 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    When I saw these guys, I instantly realised, these are what half orc/draeien are supposed to look like. Funny thing, is blizzard already did it, but they don't use it as a half orc/draenei - but it really looks like what I imagine one would.
    They don't use it for that because it isn't that. The world doesn't begin and end with how you imagine things.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting, I never looked at it that way. They even have the same face tentacles.

It's probably just a coincidence though. I don't see them putting that much effort into a half-orc half-draenei model that only a select few characters in the game have. Do we even know of any other half-orc half-draenei characters besides Garona and Lantresor?

Id imagine if blizzard actually did the half breeds right and not just "they look like a normal X" it would be something like https://66.media.tumblr.com/6aa5ca6a...wtoo1_1280.jpg

Obiously it's just an orc with blue tattoos.

The Mogu actually use the same skeleton as the Draenei. I noticed that when i first saw the female Mogu models. There are only 3 female Mogu in the game i think. The 2 twin consorts and General Xing.

I guess if a half-breed for Orc and Draenei was considered but ended up being re-purposed for another expansion, it would make sense to see it in an expansion before or after Warlords. It's kind of interesting then, that the female Mogu don't use female Draenei or female Orc skeletons for their animations. This would imply that by the time females were being worked on the direction could have already shifted.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I guess if a half-breed for Orc and Draenei was considered but ended up being re-purposed for another expansion, it would make sense to see it in an expansion before or after Warlords. It's kind of interesting then, that the female Mogu don't use female Draenei or female Orc skeletons for their animations. This would imply that by the time females were being worked on the direction could have already shifted.

Well females weren't added until 5.2, where as the regular, male mogu were a thing in the MoP beta.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well that's an interesting take. Back during MoP I did wonder why the Mogu looked the way they did after it was introduced that they were like Dwarves in the sense they were the descendants/offshoots of the Titan/Watcher Creations and that Ra-den was involved in their creations. Primarily due to the fact that they didn't resemble the other Titan Creation descended races such as Vrykul, Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. At least that was until Norushen was introduced and it could be assumed they were based off his design rather than Ra-den making them wholly.
    The Mogu's design was mostly inspired by asian culture and folklore, like most of the MoP content. They are very reminscent of an Oni, a chinese ogre demon. I don't think Blizzard had ever intended for titanforged creations to all be consistent, anyway. They were all human-like until MoP but there was still a fairly huge difference between a mechagnome, a Vrykrul and a stone dwarf from Uldaman for instance.

It is amusing to realize the mogu have the combined features of orcs and draeneis but that seems purely coincidental rather than intentional when you look at all the concept art and references.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That's interesting, I never looked at it that way. They even have the same face tentacles.

It's probably just a coincidence though. I don't see them putting that much effort into a half-orc half-draenei model that only a select few characters in the game have. Do we even know of any other half-orc half-draenei characters besides Garona and Lantresor?
    Indeed, I forgot to add that to the list, but yes, the face tentacles too. It's like they had the design or concept for TBC, but didn't have time to flesh it out properly. And when doing the MoP, decided to continue work on it and just used it as Mogu instead.

However if we were to get a half draenei/orc model, I wouldn't be suprirsed if it was a recolour and re-texture of the Mogu models, like giving them better hair options and a few minor details. So much of their appearance seems to mesh very well with both draenei and orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The Mogu's design was mostly inspired by asian culture and folklore, like most of the MoP content. They are very reminscent of an Oni, a chinese ogre demon. I don't think Blizzard had ever intended for titanforged creations to all be consistent, anyway. They were all human-like until MoP but there was still a fairly huge difference between a mechagnome, a Vrykrul and a stone dwarf from Uldaman for instance.

It is amusing to realize the mogu have the combined features of orcs and draeneis but that seems purely coincidental rather than intentional when you look at all the concept art and references.
    Oni is Japanese, not Chinese, Mogu are based off the guardian stone lions in front of the doors of Chinese traditional architecture. The design of Mogu actually bugs me a lot as an Chinese, all the titanic races utilizes straight line in their aesthetic while Mogu is the only one consisting of curves, it seemed like they just lazily copied the facet of Chinese art and completely ignored consistency in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    There are only 3 female Mogu in the game i think. The 2 twin consorts and General Xing.
    There's at least one more that I noticed, one of the rare spawns during the Mogu invasion.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.