Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krelivane View Post
    Who knows? Unless you can see into the future or know of the future story plans for WoW from the 'World of Warcraft Story and Franchise Development' team first hand... there's simply no way of telling.

Just enjoy the ride.

I will say however, the increasing emphasis on player agency and character choice is very interesting, including what they've teased for Shadowlands. I think a lot of player actions will determine the future stories that are told within the Warcraft Universe(s).

������
    This was just a "do you think they will do it" thread.

I have no expectations for what Blizzard will actually do with the way Shadowlands just came out of left field. Same with WoD.

I don't really see any reason Azeroth being born would destroy the planet. I'm kind of interested in seeing the planets of the existing Titans.

i'd like to think the birth of a titan pretty much means RIP planet.

but i have a funny feeling if we ever get a void lords expansion, we will have to perform a C section, planet will be fine, and she will hold the void lords off for us. (cause how else are they going to write yourself out of that corner)

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm a bit surprised to see @Aucald take the "She will kill us all" stance. I am not certain what you get that certainty on. I see dozens of likely alternatives. What makes you more certain that that will be how Titans are born, as opposed to, for example, a celestial form made out of stars emerging from the planet, and then manifesting physically? I'm not saying that's more likely, though we have at least seen that happen at the Titan Throne area where we fight Argus. I have other arguments and possibilities in my previous post.
    Mostly I take it from the description of Titan bodies from "Chronicle Vol. 1," described as being physical beings covered with features such as mountains, rivers, and such depicted as "living worlds" with a humanoid form. They don't appear to be entirely celestial in nature in this depiction and seem to have a material aspect whose mass is presumably a product of the host-world they gestated within. That being said, I'm not sure "she will kill us all" is really the intent but more just a reflexive outcome of the process - there's a lot that could happen in the interim. Perhaps the nascent Titan leaves the host-world in a fit condition for its denizens, but that doesn't really scan with the words of Algalon and how the Titans were willing to purge countless civilizations in their goal of ordering the cosmos.

Killing us is certainly a possibility, but there others. Given all we've done for Azeroth herself perhaps we've earned something of a reprieve or special dispensation, I can't really say. I tend to think of the Titans as rather austere and impersonal beings, viewing mortal life the way we view insect colonies, perhaps. We might have some regard for them on an abstract level, but we don't really let their presence deter us from razing forests for farmland or tearing apart the topsoil to lay the foundations for a new building or home. To the Titans, we're not that important in the greater scheme, and they may kill us in the millions with a wave of their hand in the name of whatever inscrutable goals they have at the time.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

In 3 expansions we'll discover that we are in fact Azeroth. We were simply reincarned during the moment we started playing which is why our character does not have a true backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Right, so it's more like a "in about 5 billion years, our sun will become a Red Giant and Earth as we know it will be destroyed." It's not in the immediate future, none of us alive today will be around to have to worry about it, so it's the future's problem. Shame, I would have liked to see Azeroth's Titan form in-game.
    I think that's more probable, yes. A thousand or so years, perhaps; perhaps even tens of thousands. Not to say we won't be able to see her future form, though - as we know Titans can incarnate in avatars more or less on demand, depending on the situation. As Azeroth grows it's likely she'll take more of a hand in the goings-on of her host world, especially now that she has a means to interact with it through Magni. This could include incarnation at some future point in the shorter term, possibly.

Depends on how titans are born I guess.

If a corporeal or ethereal form leaves Azeroth and materializes into a physical being? Probably

If whatever planet they're inside shatters in two like an egg and they climb out? Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    In 3 expansions we'll discover that we are in fact Azeroth. We were simply reincarned during the moment we started playing which is why our character does not have a true backstory.
    As much as I hate the ''you're the chosen one, so everyone's the chosen one'' trope in MMOs I do like how it's kind of Elder Scrolls-esque, our player character is essentially a Shezzarine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Mostly I take it from the description of Titan bodies from "Chronicle Vol. 1," described as being physical beings covered with features such as mountains, rivers, and such depicted as "living worlds" with a humanoid form. They don't appear to be entirely celestial in nature in this depiction and seem to have a material aspect whose mass is presumably a product of the host-world they gestated within.
    Interesting that you hold the Chronicles in higher regard than their in-game models that seem pretty celestial and less elemental. Is this because you don't believe Blizzard can do their written descriptions justice?
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity

"She's dead but a portion of her will live within us"©

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Once shes born, we all dead :3
    We don't know that for sure at all. We don't know what happens when a Titan is born from a planet, nor do we know what happens to the planet itself or the inhabitants.

On topic, I believe that while we're in the Shadowlands the Void Lords are going to strike Azeroth, we have confirmation from Salanar that time flows significantly slower in the Shadowlands, so it's very likely by the end of Shadowlands decades are going to pass in Azeroth and we're going to come to the next expansion with a heavily revamped world inhabited by Void Lords and their minions with a potentially dead or corrupted Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Interesting that you hold the Chronicles in higher regard than their in-game models that seem pretty celestial and less elemental. Is this because you don't believe Blizzard can do their written descriptions justice?
    All we've seen of the Titans in-game are avatars of their true forms, not their full planet-sized forms (excepting Sargeras himself in low orbit around Azeroth). Their appearance in the Seat are giant but not world-sized, at least not from what we see of them relative to ourselves. We don't know if the Pantheon still retain those forms either due to the deaths at Nihilum originally, which means they could be vastly lessened in a more permanent fashion. I hold both "Chronicle" and in-game canon in equal regard, myself; and find both in general accord with one-another with a few exceptions now and again.

Probably after few more expansions. I truly believe that they will fail to not make it disappointing... As someone said, she is likely to look just like another elf/human when in humanoid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Mostly I take it from the description of Titan bodies from "Chronicle Vol. 1," described as being physical beings covered with features such as mountains, rivers, and such depicted as "living worlds" with a humanoid form. They don't appear to be entirely celestial in nature in this depiction and seem to have a material aspect whose mass is presumably a product of the host-world they gestated within. That being said, I'm not sure "she will kill us all" is really the intent but more just a reflexive outcome of the process - there's a lot that could happen in the interim. Perhaps the nascent Titan leaves the host-world in a fit condition for its denizens, but that doesn't really scan with the words of Algalon and how the Titans were willing to purge countless civilizations in their goal of ordering the cosmos.

Killing us is certainly a possibility, but there others. Given all we've done for Azeroth herself perhaps we've earned something of a reprieve or special dispensation, I can't really say. I tend to think of the Titans as rather austere and impersonal beings, viewing mortal life the way we view insect colonies, perhaps. We might have some regard for them on an abstract level, but we don't really let their presence deter us from razing forests for farmland or tearing apart the topsoil to lay the foundations for a new building or home. To the Titans, we're not that important in the greater scheme, and they may kill us in the millions with a wave of their hand in the name of whatever inscrutable goals they have at the time.
    It's always possible that they are living worlds, by slowly reshaping from a globe into a humanoid form as they awaken, I suppose. But yeah, like I said, there's dozens of ways this could go. Either way, I think the Titans are capable of greater compassion and do not think that less of us. Certainly, we are mostly beyond their level of attention. But the Titans have shown care and mercy before. Such as not discarding the fleshy dwarves as inferior, just the Troggs. And elevating mortals to their champions with the Aspects. Also, they showed faith in us during the Argus fight, putting their hope in us, rather than considering us well below consideration, as one would with insects.

This does not fit Algalon's view of them. For thousands of years, he has sent out signals on corrupted worlds, only to see the Titans do nothing but leave it to a planet's automated last defenses to burn away all life. For nearly all known history, the Titans have been distant and callous, unfeeling. However, we recently found out that in fact, they were totally dead at the time. Algalon was no longer dealing with the Titans. He was just dealing with an automated purging system. Not sentient beings that could choose to intervene, work other solutions, or come in for a second opinion. The Titans we have actually seen ingame, as well as the actions they have taken, do not match the unfeeling things they were painted as by Algalon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Someone at BioWare said it best a couple of years ago:
    "You could give the player a [Magic Hat] that would give them the exact gaming experience they ever wanted, and they would still complain about the colour of the hat."

It's always possible that they are living worlds, by slowly reshaping from a globe into a humanoid form as they awaken, I suppose. But yeah, like I said, there's dozens of ways this could go. Either way, I think the Titans are capable of greater compassion and do not think that less of us. Certainly, we are mostly beyond their level of attention. But the Titans have shown care and mercy before. Such as not discarding the fleshy dwarves as inferior, just the Troggs. And elevating mortals to their champions with the Aspects. Also, they showed faith in us during the Argus fight, putting their hope in us, rather than considering us well below consideration, as one would with insects.
    I agree, that needn't be the only way it could go, just one of the possible ones. That being said, I don't really see their view of the Dwarves as really charitable, either; and we don't really if they specifically thought this as the one who judged the Dwaves as worthy of genesis was a Titan Keeper, Archaedas, and not necessarily on the Pantheon themselves. Given that Archaedas and the other Keepers had had time to dwell on Azeroth for a time and had formed personalities distinct from their programmed parameters its quite possible their views diverged a fair degree from their progenitors and creators. In the Argus fight they were diminished and in need of our aid, so that's also a pretty different proposition for them. Although now, I think, they would indeed view us more charitably than they might've during Azeroth's prehistory and the Ordering that preceded it.

This does not fit Algalon's view of them. For thousands of years, he has sent out signals on corrupted worlds, only to see the Titans do nothing but leave it to a planet's automated last defenses to burn away all life. For nearly all known history, the Titans have been distant and callous, unfeeling. However, we recently found out that in fact, they were totally dead at the time. Algalon was no longer dealing with the Titans. He was just dealing with an automated purging system. Not sentient beings that could choose to intervene, work other solutions, or come in for a second opinion. The Titans we have actually seen ingame, as well as the actions they have taken, do not match the unfeeling things they were painted as by Algalon.
    I'm not sure Algalon's quote really describes what you're positing here. Algalon's sole responsibility insofar as we know was Azeroth herself, and he didn't have a role observing any other worlds. Azeroth's rehabilitation is also a unique case according to "Chronicle Vol. 1," meaning that the re-origination system installed on the world's system may only have been a safeguard for Azeroth itself, with no other worlds being re-originated. Insofar as we know Azeroth is the first world the Titans found that was infested by Old Gods and a candidate for rehabilitation - the world that Sargeras found (presumably Telogrus) was too corrupted by its infection according to Sargeras. "The Makers' fire" in Algalon's quote seems more likely to refer to the process of Ordering itself - remaking worlds according to their template, destroying any life they didn't feel was "worthy of genesis" such as the Troggs. Same general process Aggramar enacts when he finds Draenor with its out of control flora and so forth.

The Titans aren't real cruel or callous, not in any real sense, they just have a blue/orange morality that is as alien to us and we likely are to them. They don't care about individual or "smaller" life in the way we might - they have a job and they do it, and if entire planetary systems must be emptied of life and re-made then so be it. Their concerns are larger scope and more grand than all that, which is what Algalon ruminates on when he wonders if the life expunged by the Titans was as tenacious and willful as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We don't know that for sure at all. We don't know what happens when a Titan is born from a planet, nor do we know what happens to the planet itself or the inhabitants.

On topic, I believe that while we're in the Shadowlands the Void Lords are going to strike Azeroth, we have confirmation from Salanar that time flows significantly slower in the Shadowlands, so it's very likely by the end of Shadowlands decades are going to pass in Azeroth and we're going to come to the next expansion with a heavily revamped world inhabited by Void Lords and their minions with a potentially dead or corrupted Azeroth.
    Good lord mang... Azeroth just cannot catch a break lol.

"Do you think Azeroth's birth would herald the end of WoW? Would she be able to be born via c-section, through the hole the sword cut, without wrecking the planet?"

I mean I think you just described one of the more likely scenarios. Just obliterating what's left of Silithus to get her out.

She may be born in WoW. Blizzard might need a strong story moment for start of one of expansions.

I'm a bit surprised to see @Aucald take the "She will kill us all" stance. I am not certain what you get that certainty on. I see dozens of likely alternatives. What makes you more certain that that will be how Titans are born, as opposed to, for example, a celestial form made out of stars emerging from the planet, and then manifesting physically? I'm not saying that's more likely, though we have at least seen that happen at the Titan Throne area where we fight Argus. I have other arguments and possibilities in my previous post.
    I too think it will be just a teleportation.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Once shes born, we all dead :3
    Thats has not been confined

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Probably after few more expansions. I truly believe that they will fail to not make it disappointing... As someone said, she is likely to look just like another elf/human when in humanoid form.
    Trolls were the first natural race on Azeorth.....here's hoping!

It's just so easy.
    When the time is due she will manifest herself into the womb of a virgin woman.
    Fortunately there is a carpenter named Jotep in Gadgetzan who can't get it up and
    his wife Matia will be the vessel for the child. And yes they are Goblins.

Last edited by Anoikis; 2020-02-13 at 09:43 PM.