Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who let the intern work on 10.2.5

Why do we see horde achievements as alliance players? how can they fuck something up that much lol
    "Kill prophet Velen" as alliance etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Not the first time achievement stuff has been finnicky this expansion. When Fractures in Time released, I was getting time rift boxes and achieves even though I hadn't touched the content.

A minor bug like this in a game that has 20 fucking years of code sandwiched on top of itself is not indicative of an intern working on the patch. The fact that every patch doesn't immediately delete itself out of embarrassment is a testament to the perseverance of WoW's developers.

I still love the few months in TBC where orcs all had small shoulder pads

The only good feature in 10.2.5 are follower dungeons. Will help solo players to complete campaign quests. They should be extended for leveling dungeons below Dragonflight, and they should be a progression path.

I still remember that patch in vanilla that made it so if you used Charge as a warrior, the game would crash.

Achievements acting up is far better than "whoops your core movement ability just breaks the game" in terms of glitches

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    A minor bug like this in a game that has 20 fucking years of code sandwiched on top of itself is not indicative of an intern working on the patch. The fact that every patch doesn't immediately delete itself out of embarrassment is a testament to the perseverance of WoW's developers.
    No. No! Obviously one very minor issue, that has no bearing on gameplay nor enjoyment, that can be utterly ignored and overlooked other than a ‘huh’ response is grounds for outrage! Outrage, I say!
    Why, just the mere thought that Blizz allowed this to happen is indicative of how shoddy they are as programmers and how little respect they have for their playerbase! I mean, a different faction’s achievement showing up where I can see it on my alliance characters!!!??? My god! The sheer and utter hopelessness this guffaw sends, let alone the embarrassment of the developers themselves, that Blizz could do anything correctly as a company is mind boggling!
    Truly, an outrage! I might just have to uninstall my game. This can NOT stand.
    It. Can. Not. STAND!!!
    I am contacting my representative in Congress and getting this resolved immediately! Immediately, I say!

The disappearing mailboxes and crafting tables is what has been bothering me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No. No! Obviously one very minor issue, that has no bearing on gameplay nor enjoyment, that can be utterly ignored and overlooked other than a ‘huh’ response is grounds for outrage! Outrage, I say!
    Why, just the mere thought that Blizz allowed this to happen is indicative of how shoddy they are as programmers and how little respect they have for their playerbase! I mean, a different faction’s achievement showing up where I can see it on my alliance characters!!!??? My god! The sheer and utter hopelessness this guffaw sends, let alone the embarrassment of the developers themselves, that Blizz could do anything correctly as a company is mind boggling!
    Truly, an outrage! I might just have to uninstall my game. This can NOT stand.
    It. Can. Not. STAND!!!
    I am contacting my representative in Congress and getting this resolved immediately! Immediately, I say!
    lol you said guffaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    I still remember that patch in vanilla that made it so if you used Charge as a warrior, the game would crash.

Achievements acting up is far better than "whoops your core movement ability just breaks the game" in terms of glitches
    Depends how fast Blizzard resolves the issue, Blizzard can be very slowpoke on fixing bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Or any1 still remembers the face texture glitch in Wrath? That lasted a couple of patches for me XD

https://imgur.com/a/rQQ988s

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    Or any1 still remembers the face texture glitch in Wrath? That lasted a couple of patches for me XD

thanks i hate it

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    The only good feature in 10.2.5 are follower dungeons. Will help solo players to complete campaign quests. They should be extended for leveling dungeons below Dragonflight, and they should be a progression path.
    I honestly couldn’t make it thru one. I tried it on my 486 Hunter (wanted to see it in action), and it does not work for me. It was odd.
    There’s an extra action button I could choose to lead or have the AI lead, and they both played out the same. If I lead, I’d go pull things and the tank would run in and get aggro, but if I had it lead it played out much the same but at a slower pace. The tank also wouldn’t move unless I was within a certain range, which doesn’t really when playing as a rdps as a lot of times you don’t really stick to the tank super close.
    Overall, probably not a bad feature to learn rotations and how to play effectively, just not something for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why do we see horde achievements as alliance players? how can they fuck something up that much lol
    "Kill prophet Velen" as alliance etc...
    Really? They just added one of the worst and most awful events where you're essentially a mining slave, one of the most dull retaking of a city and you're complaining about an achievement bug? If only we were at a point where a major issue in WoW was an achievement bug lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Really? They just added one of the worst and most awful events where you're essentially a mining slave
    researchers under fire was definitely worse than this. I think the archives event is fun, and its cool that they added related world quests so the activities aren't limited to the hourly event

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    researchers under fire was definitely worse than this. I think the archives event is fun, and its cool that they added related world quests so the activities aren't limited to the hourly event
    you mean the ones where it says that you unlocked the world quest but there's no world quest? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    And in the next patch they got compensated with overtly massive shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not the first time achievement stuff has been finnicky this expansion. When Fractures in Time released, I was getting time rift boxes and achieves even though I hadn't touched the content.

That wasn't a bug. It happened to me too and many others. You were in the area when a time rift completed and the only requirement was being in the area. You didn't need to a tag a mob even

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post

I remember the tiny shoulder pad glitch in (I think) TBC. which i think was a bug exclusive to orcs.

EDIT: Fuck my old screen shot is gone... sadly lost to the annuls of time
    EDIT2: someone already mentioned this bug. my bad
    Last edited by Orby; 2024-01-19 at 04:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Welcome to World of Betacraft, take 21

7+ Year Old Account
    what an absolute terror of a nightmare lol
    you seriously dont have any other problems do you ?