Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I've been away, is Seeds of Renewal just a fluff patch?

Looks like just some quests and cosmetics. Anything more interesting?

Raid is probably one of the worst final tiers since Dragon Soul imo. Bosses are reused assets, no unique mechanics, tier sets look meh and story was just dreadful.

Superbloom event is just the same copy pasted world event we've gotten in the past. Nothing new there.

If you weren't tempted to come back before then I doubt you will be now. Least in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothin special. Its mid season patch before season 4 of DF. Anyway season 4 will be recycled whole DF so another 6months of nothin new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Raid is probably one of the worst final tiers since Dragon Soul imo. Bosses are reused assets, no unique mechanics, tier sets look meh and story was just dreadful.

Superbloom event is just the same copy pasted world event we've gotten in the past. Nothing new there.

If you weren't tempted to come back before then I doubt you will be now. Least in my opinion.
    Seeds comeing this week. You missed Seeds patch with Guardians of the Dream we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Nothin special. Its mid season patch before season 4 of DF.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeds comeing this week. You missed Seeds patch with Guardians of the Dream we already have.
    Lel so I did. I'm old
    @Ham on Rye My bad yeah it's just a mid season patch. Nothing worth returning for imo. Azerothian Archives is just an Archaeology event on a timer, Follower Dungeons are underwhelming, Gilneas reclamations just a few quests, Bel'ameth ain't even a city it's barely a quest hub and Dragonriding in the old world is the only good thing to come out of it.

It's a .5 patch so by definition there is no major content. We're getting follower dungeons (normal mode dungeons that you can solo with with NPCs), a new outdoor world event (cosmetics only), a lot of story quests (retaking Gilneas being pretty notable) and some other minor things like new hair colors for trolls.

You could have skimmed the MMO-C frontpage for like 30 seconds to find this out.

Yss, it's just a fluff/filler patch.

The main news of this patch is the Night Elves getting three huts on a random island in Continent #10 that will be forgotten at the end of this Summer.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2024-01-16 at 02:56 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Depends what you are into in the game. I don't care about raiding or doing M+ so the patch is alright content from my perspective. I tend to enjoy playing these late stages of the expansion because all of the content is there to do and the expac is complete.

You're talking about the previous patch. I'm asking about today's patch.

Quote Originally Posted by leothar View Post
    You could have skimmed the MMO-C frontpage for like 30 seconds to find this out.
    that would assume he wants to hear whats in the patch, rather than people whining there is nothing

and tbf .5 patch is kinda meaningless to point out since we got forbiden reach in 10.0.7

Tier sets look meh? There's some duds (namely hunter and monk) but shaman tier set this patch is hands down the best they've ever made and mage is one of the best they've ever made. DK, DH, druid, warlock, priest, and warrior are all solid as well

the .5 and .7 patches are generally to serve the players who are interested in collection, story, and world content. So if you only care about endgame content then this shouldn't really matter for you. The only thing I can think of is that catalyst charges are now weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Yeah I fixed it in another post. Everyone has a brainmelt now and then.

Apologies. Been a busy work day so my brain is just well... melted.
    Last edited by Luthorite; 2024-01-16 at 03:21 PM.

Yeah I fixed it in another post. Everyone has a brainmelt now and then.
    It's crazy to me how much time and effort you put into a game you seemingly hate so much. You are averaging almost 9 posts a day, every single day, just trying to shit on wow one way or another my brother in christ find a new game that makes you happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah like others have said this is more of a world content patch. It adds some new things, but I wouldn't expect them to take up too much of your time in the long run.

We've got 8 months until the expansion prepatch; it's something to do. Nothing amazing and these long gaps are still awful, but an improvement over literally nothing for 10 months (since 10.2 released early Nov).

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    We've got 8 months until the expansion prepatch; it's something to do. Nothing amazing and these long gaps are still awful, but an improvement over literally nothing for 10 months (since 10.2 released early Nov).
    There's still a whole new M+ season and Fated raids coming, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    New season coming roughly in march or april dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Depends what you are into in the game. I don't care about raiding or doing M+ so the patch is alright content from my perspective. I tend to enjoy playing these late stages of the expansion because all of the content is there to do and the expac is complete.
    Yep. Zero interest in raiding here, but this patch looks fun to me. Looking forward to it.

Amirdrassil is literally one of the top 10 raids in the game

Easily the best raid since Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Amirdrassil is literally one of the top 10 raids in the game

Easily the best raid since Legion
    also pretty funny saying the bosses are 'reused assets with no unique mechanics'

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like just some quests and cosmetics. Anything more interesting?
    More or less. In DF (and it's very likely system will carry to next expansions) there is pattern - big patch - fluff patch (although 10.1.5 had megadungeon on top of 'fluff' stuff) - catch up patch - repeat.