10+ Year Old Account

orc and troll racials

i rolled orc and am lvl 21 already but i think troll racials are better: active AS/casting speed increase without a debuff to healing, flat dmg increase to beasts and health regen even in combat.
    change my mind that orc isnt worse, if i dont count pvp in so the 25% resist to stuns is useless

- - - Updated - - -

how much AP increase is blood fury at level 60 in full blue gear? its 25% BASE AP, how much is that of total AP from gear too?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Orc for pvp, troll for pve. Unless youre an axe user, then orc always.

yeah its going to be the weapon skill thing, I rolled troll and berserking is pretty decent for a tank but I have effectively zero ingrained weapon skill so I need more weapon skill to minimize glancing blows, while I think though that there isn't much items with +axes and so you would need the edgemasters anyway.

I'm tanking at the moment the meta seems to be daggers as its possible to get +8 with the aged core leather gloves and death's sting. while using edgemasters as an orc would probably give you too much weapon skill, or at least more than you need. 7+5= +12 I think you only need like 7 or 8 to minimize glancing blows.

I'd like to get a kiss of the spider when we get naxx and i'd probably bind/macro it to berserking and pop them on the pull for a 30% attack speed increase, plus an early flurry crit would equal a 60% attack speed increase (for about 10seconds or so). on the pull this could be amazing for threat gen. all in all i'm still unsure of how viable fury/prot and dual wield tanking will be in naxx. to be determined. it might be that I change back to deeper prot dropping flurry. it really just depends on what ends up being more important, threat gen or survivability.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-23 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt mention i play enhancement shaman and love leveling by simply grinding mobs (quests too if i get to kill mobs)
    i cant always rely on getting axes as an orc, so that talent sucks imo. plus the endgame is sulfuras which is a mace anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    didnt mention i play enhancement shaman and love leveling by simply grinding mobs (quests too if i get to kill mobs)
    i cant always rely on getting axes as an orc, so that talent sucks imo. plus the endgame is sulfuras which is a mace anyway
    Unless you intend to heal or cast, orc is better.

I went Orc for the skill, helps with tanking as well.

It depends on what you want to do and how much you want to tryhard.

The issue is, if you want to do more dps on Bosses, you need some extra weapon skill to not get glancing blows (glancing blows deal less damage and never crit).
    With a Mace (such as Sulfuras), that's off the table as there is no non weapon item within Classic that gives you +Maces.

As Orc, Axes naturally have that sort of thing and 2h Weapons are usually easy to grab because barely anyone wants them (except the few 2h Fury Warriors and PvP'ers who couldn't get their hands on a Sword).

Ragnaros drops Spinal Reaper, a decent Axe, the three Drakes in BWL drop Drake Talon Cleaver, again decent Axe, shooting for the sky a.k.a. Dark Edge of Insanity from C'thun is obviously the jackpot here.
    Sulfuras is straight worse than Spinal Reaper or Drake Talon Cleaver on Bosses if you're an Orc.

Just to be clear on that, weapon skills is such a huge deal on bosses that a Non Orc Enhance does about 10% less damage compared to an Orc when using the same axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what Kralljin said, while Berserking might seem better on paper, in practice the orcs' blood fury plays better with group dynamics, as to get the most out of berserking you have to eat hits and that isn't a good way to make friends with your healer (and the baseline berserking falls behind blood fury when you're rocking a 2h axe). While, again on paper, Sulfuras's stats and procs might do a lot of heavy lifting, remember that the goal here is to minimize glancing blows, which means you're going to want as much weapon skill as possible, which means any kickass axe is going to dwarf Sulfuras unless you're using Sulfuras for PvP Windfury funtimes (or because it looks really fucking awesome, which is fully understandable).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

For PvE purposes:
    Orc: You swing weapons
    Troll: You cast spells
    Tauren, Undead: You're restricted to lame races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It depends on what you want to do and how much you want to tryhard.

The issue is, if you want to do more dps on Bosses, you need some extra weapon skill to not get glancing blows (glancing blows deal less damage and never crit).
    With a Mace (such as Sulfuras), that's off the table as there is no non weapon item within Classic that gives you +Maces.

As Orc, Axes naturally have that sort of thing and 2h Weapons are usually easy to grab because barely anyone wants them (except the few 2h Fury Warriors and PvP'ers who couldn't get their hands on a Sword).

Ragnaros drops Spinal Reaper, a decent Axe, the three Drakes in BWL drop Drake Talon Cleaver, again decent Axe, shooting for the sky a.k.a. Dark Edge of Insanity from C'thun is obviously the jackpot here.
    Sulfuras is straight worse than Spinal Reaper or Drake Talon Cleaver on Bosses if you're an Orc.

Just to be clear on that, weapon skills is such a huge deal on bosses that a Non Orc Enhance does about 10% less damage compared to an Orc when using the same axe.
    How does this translate to mobs of my levels (or up to +3) while leveling? Can i get glancing shots on them too?

Just play what you enjoy man.

My reasoning for picking Troll over undead mage, was simply because the Undead horse is an ugly af mount and raptor is my Nr 1

How does this translate to mobs of my levels (or up to +3) while leveling? Can i get glancing shots on them too?
    Bosses are considered +3 levels above you, so mobs that are naturally three levels above you interact in the same way.

It is less of a factor when you fight mobs that are the same level as you, though i'd have to look more indepth into it to give a more specific answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses are considered +3 levels above you, so mobs that are naturally three levels above you interact in the same way.

It is less of a factor when you fight mobs that are the same level as you, though i'd have to look more indepth into it to give a more specific answer.
    id appreciate info if it actually makes any difference and is worth having when fighting mobs of your level or below. like increased crit or hit chance

quick thing about this part: weapon skill does not reduce the actual chance of getting glancing blows but reduces its damage penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

id appreciate info if it actually makes any difference and is worth having when fighting mobs of your level or below. like increased crit or hit chance
    glacing blow chance is 10% against mobs your level
    increasing by 10% each level the mob is higher than you
    against mobs 3+ level higher than you - glancing blow chance is 40%