Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What a horrible vision for Classic+ OP has - he's asking for buffed boring content with transmog rewards.

If you're going to make the Classic+ argument at least do it properly - added raids like Karazhan or Grim Batol (that were intended to be in Vanilla Wow) and maybe an unreleased zone like Mount Hyjal.

I'd agree with the others in the thread - at this stage, just give me TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    What a horrible vision for Classic+ OP has - he's asking for buffed boring content with transmog rewards.

If you're going to make the Classic+ argument at least do it properly - added raids like Karazhan or Grim Batol (that were intended to be in Vanilla Wow) and maybe an unreleased zone like Mount Hyjal.

I'd agree with the others in the thread - at this stage, just give me TBC.
    And this post right here is basically a highlight for why classic + is just a bad idea. Blizzard literally can not win with this because of just how vastly different some people think classic + should be.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    And this post right here is basically a highlight for why classic + is just a bad idea. Blizzard literally can not win with this because of just how vastly different some people think classic + should be.
    Totally agreed. This should wrap it up guys.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Just no.

Make karazhan perhaps available for 60 , no need for items to drop.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

I'll pass on doing the same raids I've done for the past year+ at a slightly harder difficulty for transmog. I'd rather play TBC. Thankfully that seems to be a route blizzard is going as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've hired people for classic.. so if we get new content, cool...
    I don't even care if we're a 'beta' for shadowlands >.>

Re-playing every expansion again until they get retail correct, is going to be stupid, boring and split the playerbase.

I LOVED TBC.. but fuck that as a server. They gonna launch only t4? Cool.. 10 man raids, and 2 25s.. Way to split the guild up. We have attunement, I love it. But they gonna gate that too? The only way to release tbc is all at once (Which will have ppl clearing hyjal/bt in 2 weeks), or how they did at launch... then you have to go back patches, because expertise and rogue changes.. There's a big reason why there wasn't any good tbc pservers, compared to everyones beloved wrath of the nerf king and mop.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post

Re-playing every expansion again until they get retail correct, is going to be stupid, boring and split the playerbase.

I LOVED TBC.. but fuck that as a server. They gonna launch only t4? Cool.. 10 man raids, and 2 25s.. Way to split the guild up. We have attunement, I love it. But they gonna gate that too? The only way to release tbc is all at once (Which will have ppl clearing hyjal/bt in 2 weeks), or how they did at launch... then you have to go back patches, because expertise and rogue changes.. There's a big reason why there wasn't any good tbc pservers, compared to everyones beloved wrath of the nerf king and mop.
    Did you just have a stroke?

Nope.. no cosmetics, no modes, none of that.

If Classic plus were to happen, it should stay true to the original design.

New dungeons, new areas, new factions. Maybe even some balancing if done right (but none of that 3 roles, every tank damage dealer and healer should be the same). New BGs. honor rewards. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post

I LOVED TBC.. but fuck that as a server. They gonna launch only t4?
    No, theyll launch it like they did when TBC launched, where T5 was available from day 1 (Attunements req.)

SSC was not patched in. It was in from day 1.

Cool.. 10 man raids, and 2 25s.. Way to split the guild up. We have attunement, I love it. But they gonna gate that too? The only way to release tbc is all at once (Which will have ppl clearing hyjal/bt in 2 weeks), or how they did at launch... then you have to go back patches, because expertise and rogue changes..
    Provide one logical reason for that.

There's a big reason why there wasn't any good tbc pservers, compared to everyones beloved wrath of the nerf king and mop.
    Pointless whingy ad hominem.

I played on the Vanilla+ private server that recently had a beta test. The revamped talent trees make it so much more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Increased HP and damage on mobs is only mildly interesting. More mechanics are needed to make things challenging in meaningful way. TBC brings us this in the cheapest way for Blizzard, so it is the obvious choice.

OP you've actually described a Season of increased difficulty. When people refer to Classic+, they mean new content added to the game, such as the devs finishing the Azshara BG or the original Karazhan raid.

Just add arenas and rated bgs in classic and call it classic+ and lets be done with it !

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Just add arenas and rated bgs in classic and call it classic+ and lets be done with it !
    My favorite part of this thread is that every single person who has said “For classic + we should just...”, and every single one has been different

Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    Not sure where this confidence comes from. If we go by historical numbers, TBC was significantly more popular than Classic. If we go by pserver numbers (not counting the fact we never had a single good TBC server), WotLK servers have always been by far the most popular. I'm not really sure where all this faith into the Classic-only playerbase being the biggest chunk comes. Every person I've met in-game is stoked at the idea of TBC coming and won't stay on Classic once TBC comes out.

Don't forget that a lot of people who're playing Classic hate lots of the things Classic has - including world buffs, class balance, the PvP rank system etc. It's just that, even with all these flaws, it's still a good game and far preferable to Retail for many people.

You don't have to believe me, ofc. Just wait until TBC comes out and you'll see how many ppl will stay on Classic and how many will make the jump, instead. Heck, once Vanilla TBC and WotLK Classic are all available, I wouldn't be surprised if Vanilla turned out to be the least popular of the three, especially if none of them gets periodic resets like on the pserver scene.
    I also want tbc,but,im pretty sure classic will remain more popular than tbc and wrath,we have seen this trend very clear with private servers

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Dungeons
    - All dungeons (including non-60 ones) now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - Substantially increased HP and damage in Heroic Dungeons
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Dungeons: armor/weapon recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Raids
    - All raids now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - HP and damage of all raid mobs increased by up to 100% (earlier raids buffed more than later raids)
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Raids: tier recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Class balance updates
    - Underperforming specs are given a damage/healing/tanking aura buff that works in Heroic Dungeons and Heroic Raids only.

Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.
    No. That's tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I also want tbc,but,im pretty sure classic will remain more popular than tbc and wrath,we have seen this trend very clear with private servers
    Vanilla pservers had to constantly resort to resets, and people would constantly jump ship from one "fresh" pserver to the next. If Classic (Vanilla) pservers stay in p6 forever, Classic population is gonna be a fraction of what you see on TBC/WotLK. Without the whole FRESH meme, Classic is gonna die eventually.

Also we never had an actually good, blizzlike TBC pserver, so that comparison is flawed to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a retail player who has nil interest in Classic (been there, done that), new content being added to Classic is the ONLY thing that would get me to log in.

And I'm fine with never logging in, Classic wasn't made for me.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wrath pservers were always the most popular actually

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    wrath pservers were always the most popular actually
    i mean from what i have seen and hear it has been classic,but it wouldnt surprise me if it was wrath as thats by far the most casual friendly expansion