The 4 new zones: Systems, chests and rares.

with the final zones in, comparing the 4, I must say the chests in Naz'jatar and Mechagon, as well as the rares feel a lot more meaningful than they do on Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

The systems they designed both for Mechagon and Naz'jatar - just seem more obust, whether it is acquiring essences, other features, profs - and they were unique to each too.

While combining them into one thing for both the new zones because N'zoth is applicable to both, it seems like they didn't quite finish all of it. They could have used the variation of the 3 sections of each of the zones in assault focuses to be far more interwoven with your rewards.

Atm, unlocking the super chests feels a bit lame - and while rares do give you Coalescing visions to feed into your horrific visions.. i have to admit - rares and chests just don't feel as rewarding.

I find myself eager to take down every rare that pops up in Mechagon (even more so than Naz'jatar), becuase of the extra spare parts, galvansied oscilalators, Chain Ignitor coils.. and portential REPUTATION boosts they give.

While I love having to rares be an exciting thing and rewarding to kill, 8.3 feels a step down from 8.2 for them. Chests are boring again.

Maybe mega chests and rares should give you reputation and momentos too along with coaelsecing visions, while smaller chests definitely give coalescing visions, but also a chance to get items that combine to u nlock the bigger chests, also more frequent on rares.

That would have been an improvement. Now I pretty much just ignore them if they're not required for the daily. What are your thoughts?

They are designed that way because Blizzard doesnt want you to endlesly grind Coalescing visions. Its their response to the feedback about the endless AP/Manapearls farm in 8.2 where you could spend hours in Nazjatar hunting every rare for that elusive few manapeals that would help you buy/upgrade a benthic piece that might or might not have had the trait + socket you are looking for and repeat every day.

This is a double edged sword. The good thing is that with the rares and chests droping 10-20 Coalescing visions you don't feel forced to farm them all day to get a cloack upgrade sooner since its not a realistic and viable way. If they droped 100-200 Coalescing visions then you would be.

The bad thing is that rares and chests are now just confined to the day when the daily quest is up for you to kill/open 3 of them and don't serve any other purpose.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2020-02-13 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    They are designed that way because Blizzard doesnt want you to endlesly grind Coalescing visions. Its their response to the feedback about the endless AP/Manapearls farm in 8.2 where you could spend hours in Nazjatar hunting every rare for that elusive few manapeals that would help you buy/upgrade a benthic piece that might or might not have had the trait + socket you are looking for and repeat every day.

This is a double edged sword. The good thing is that with the rares and chests droping 10-20 Coalescing visions you don't feel forced to farm them all day to get a cloack upgrade sooner since its not realistic and viable way. If they droped 100-200 Coalescing visions then you would be.

The bad thing is that rares and chests are now just confined to the day when the daily quest is up for you to kill/open 3 of them and don't serve any other purpose.
    Well the Cata treasure chest system is always something they could return with some tweaks.

Chests are actual rare and random spawns across a zone and they contain rare items and tons of good currencies. You can't farm them. But if you find one you feel the joy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    with the final zones in
    4 new zones?

Four?

NEW zones?

We only have two. The other 2 are from previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post

This is a double edged sword. The good thing is that with the rares and chests droping 10-20 Coalescing visions you don't feel forced to farm them all day to get a cloack upgrade sooner since its not a realistic and viable way. If they droped 100-200 Coalescing visions then you would be.

Got it. But they the problem with Naz'jatar was not the mana pearls system, but that people felt so compelled to farm it just to get those prismatic slots on benthic gear.

otherwise benthic was actaully a very good move. Corrupted is also, but in a different way. You need thigns like that. Now the chests and rares are a bit meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    4 new zones?

Four?

NEW zones?

We only have two. The other 2 are from previous expansions.
    Well, you know what I mean, 2 new zones, and 2 redone ones in 8.2 and 8.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the "big chest" per invasion should feel a little more rewarding. If only by giving us some cosmetic stuff from it.
    And the rares that drop actually unique things, like toys, pets and mounts, are too few and far between. There's literally 8 mantid rares that are completely interchangeable nobodies that drop nothing of interest.

Sofar it's just Rotfeaster, Ishak, Will/Gaze of N'zoth, Corpse Eater, Anh-De the Loyal, Ha-Li, Houndlord Ren, Rei Lun, the Amalgation of Flesh, Lord Aj'qiraj, Skik'traz, the Grand Executor, Yiphrim the Will Ravager, Tashara and The Forgotten.

All the other rares?
    Absolutely nothing special.
    And there's a lot of em.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Well, you know what I mean
    I know what you write. If that's not what you mean, you should write what you mean. It's like saying "I like your hat" but you really mean "your shoes are ugly".