Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only ones I can think of that are cringe worthy are Garrosh and Gul'dan
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

3rd Place Saurfang

2nd place Baine

1st place Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    ? tauren build huts and windmills, after w3 their biggest feat are maybe the elevators that could be or not enhanched by shamanism. they are even considered barely more than animals by some alliance (shattering chp 27)
    technically Finley Mrrgglton is canon so they can learn common (and anyway nerglish is their and makrura language)
    damn they even build nets to fish, probably they are more advanced than pre troll's war humans
    You're really doing some mental gymnastics to prove that humans are cannibals. Bottom line is, they aren't, the only playable race that praciteced cannibalism were Trolls. Humans never practiced cannibalism and one murloc recipe is not enough to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    You're really doing some mental gymnastics to prove that humans are cannibals. Bottom line is, they aren't, the only playable race that praciteced cannibalism were Trolls. Humans never practiced cannibalism and one murloc recipe is not enough to prove it.
    im not doing mental gymnastic.
    human eat humanoids (warcraft definition for cannibalism)? yes => they are cannibal

you are the one that reduce murlocs to "barely animals" (when there are even multiple quests that says the contrary)
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-02-17 at 09:05 PM.

What has Sylvanas done that was specifically "cringe" I dont recall seeing her do or say anything that evoked that feeling.

Baine/Sairafang number 1 spot shares by both are weak and pathetic
    Nzoth sadly
    Thrall
    Lorthemar
    Magni

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    im not doing mental gymnastic.
    human eat humanoids (warcraft definition for cannibalism)? yes => they are cannibal

you are the one that reduce murlocs to "barely animals" (when there are even multiple quests that says the contrary)
    The only proof is one recipe, have there been any other mentions of humans actually eating them? It's clear most Sapient species don't see them as much more than animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The only proof is one recipe, have there been any other mentions of humans actually eating them? It's clear most Sapient species don't see them as much more than animals.
    and? the recipe (and quest) are a proof. the fact that stormwindians dont see them as normal humanoid dont change anything, otherwise every cannibals in warcraft other than undeads and maybe forest troll shouldnt be considered cannibal
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-02-17 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Aggra: (GGGGOGOOOOOOO'EEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL)
    Saurfang: And where are they?
    Thrall: Off screen, thank the elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Garithos obtained his position by chain of command of the Alliance. Making it rather obvious it's not an offshoot. Especially since almost every member state (I'm not 100% on Stormwind) sent him help, acknowledging his position in the process.
    that's weird, the other leaders of the Alliance didn't even recognize him as such; even Magni hated him and he preferred to see Alexandros as the leader of the Lordaeronians

Garithos is more like Rend and Main Blackhand leading the Old Horde remnants as he is to the Alliance of Lordaeron

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Vereesa is so mentally sane she casually forgot she had children.
    she has a human wet nurse/nanny/whatever named Jalia so she's fine with her looking for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    1) all 3 windrunner sisters, at least Vareesa isn't super special unique with Goddess powers and few if any discernable flaws in their abilities but I'm sure that's coming eventually
    Hmm... why is Vereesa cringe? Sure lemme join the anti-High Elf bootlickers bandwagon but I feel like she's more of a bland and hollow character rather than to be defined as an actual cringe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    3rd Place Saurfang

2nd place Baine

1st place Anduin
    2 Alliance characters and 1 Horde character lmoa
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-02-18 at 10:16 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    1: Anduin
    2: Tyrande
    3: malfurion in Legion
    4: Anyone that players horde
    5: those monkeys from pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    5: Varok Saurfang
    4: Jaina
    3: Anduin
    2: Wrathion
    1: Med'an
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, the Terror of Darkshore cinematic did a lot for redeeming Malfurion in my eyes, especially considering Val'sharah is the odd man out here, so-to-speak. Seeing him go full slasher flick for a change was cathartic.

On-topic: While using 'cringe' as an... adjective?... makes my sphincter clench, here's my five most aggrivating/annoying/groan-inducing characters.

1. Sylvanas Windrunner and Nathanos Blightcaller (tie). God-mode characters aren't interesting. Superman works because his superpowers are juxtaposed against his very human struggles where his powers are less important than his mind and heart. Dr. Manhattan worked because his sociopathic detachment from everything created personal conflict for himself, which audience-surrogate Silk Spectre II helped resolve by helping him reconnect with his humanity. When a god-mode character spends all their time strutting and swaggering about, never suffering meaningful setbacks (and when what should be meaningful setbacks are immediately negated by having their plans go off without a hitch regardless), and there is no humanizing conflict to balance out their god-tier powers, they rob the narrative of tension and drama. You know they're going to succeed so it becomes pointless to care about how/why.

2. Y'rel. The Iron Horde spent all of WoD, barring a few last questlines at the very end and a couple cinematics, engaged in an active genocide. They sought to purge the draenei from the map in about as textbook a genocide as such things get. The Iron Horde and draenei were forced to work together for mutual survival when most of the Iron Horde joined Gul'dan and drank the demon blood, and spent some time afterwards working together to rid Draenor of demons lest another invasion take place. Through all this, Y'rel progressed from a scared priestess to a messianic archetype--not a problem in and of itself, though she was a bit too vocal in praising the players who largely stayed holed up in their bases.

But when the time came that the draenei turned on the mag'har, rather than painting it out as the draenei (justifiably) getting their pound of flesh now that more pressing matters had been addressed, instead the draenei had become maddened religious zealots forcibly converting the mag'har to the Light and waging war on them. I hate Y'rel because she represents a goldmine of lost opportunity for the sake of making the mag'har, possibly the most morally myopic playable race so far (or at least a strong runner-up behind the Forsaken, Kul'tirans, and void elves), into put-upon victims who didn't deserve being shoved into the grave they'd dug themselves.

3. Galen Trollbane. He sucks at pretty much everything he does. He single-handedly caused the decline of Stromgarde as a kingdom through his rampant incompetence, and later exhibited a stunning talent for poorly-timed betrayal not only of the Forsaken but also of the Ebon Blade (whom he had apparently struck a deal with at some point). Fittingly, it also turns out he killed one of my favorite Second War characters, Thoras Trollbane.

4. Vereesa Windrunner. Prior to Wrath of the Lich King, her entire purpose for existing was to give Richard A. Knaak's self-insert protagonist a Windrunner to rescue and shag. After, her only purpose in the plot is to carp on at every turn about how much she loves her kids and how much blood elves suck. During the Purge of Dalaran, she took orders to incarcerate Sunreavers as carte blanche to go on a killing spree, and got away with it scott-free--not even a dressing-down from her allies like Varian gave Jaina. Her relationship status went from 'Rhonin's arm candy' to 'Jaina's viciously codependent second-in-command, who Jaina engaged in a constant negative spiral with while they worked together' for the duration of Mists of Pandaria, and nowadays she mostly exists to be her better-written older sister's hype man. Not once since her introduction as a character has she existed as anything more than another character's accessory.

5. Med'an. Sincerely, fuck this guy and the awfully-written comic that birthed him. I don't care how much fun the Varian arc was (at least until the shitty Onyxia fight), how much I like Broll and Valeera, or how cool Meryl is. The best lore decision the writers made in a long time was to completely write Med'an out with no plans to bring him back. I hope we find him in the Shadowlands being kicked in the testicles.
    In regards to Vereesa, you clearly are just a parrot of other people who did not read the book. IF you did you would read that she actually saves him more than once and even the dragon.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    In regards to Vereesa, you clearly are just a parrot of other people who did not read the book. IF you did you would read that she actually saves him more than once and even the dragon.
    I read it about once like a decade ago, you'll forgive me, I'm sure, if I have missed or forgotten the single instance where she did something beyond exist to further another character's storyline.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

5+ Year Old Account
    Might want to read it again. It's more than one single instance. Moral of the story, know what you're talking about before pretending to. Forgiven.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Garithos was a de-facto leader of a splinter faction of the Alliance of Lordaeron and I'm sure he was working independently from whatever Kul Tiras, Stormwind, and Ironforge and he would easily ignore whatever each of the other nation thinks otherwise. He didn't even lead the Dalaran remnants (though Rhonin, Vereesa, Modera, and Ansirem were too cowardly to do anything or protest). And would you look at that - the New Alliance who weren't able to join the Scarlet Crusade/Argent Dawn are pretty much Forsaken now
    Garithos had the authority to arrest Alliance members from Quel'thelas, and Dalaran was willing to hold them for him. I never got the impression that he was "the leader" of the Alliance, but he definitely was acting with authority in the area around Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Saurfang: And where are they?
    Thrall: Off screen, thank the elements.
    This post makes me wish MMO-C had an up-vote feature!

1. Rhonin, people complain about Golden but either never experienced or forgot about the man, the myth, the legend, Richard A. Knaak
    2. Thrall in Cata aka Green Jesus
    3. Tyrande
    4. Teenage angst Jaina in MoP
    5. BFA Magni, Azeroth trolled the shit out of us by making him the speaker. Every 2 seconds it's, "CHOHMPYUHN!"
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    1. Baine
    2. Jaina
    3. Calia
    4. Vereesa
    5. Med'an
    Why Calia? Sylvanas killed her with a black arrow and even that black arrow was not enough to kill her because Calia later defied death and became lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    HaVe YoU eVeR lOvEd As MuCh As I dO?

Well no because there's no place in this game for petty love stories, Malfurion+Tyrande included. Most cringe in the history of Warcraft.
    Actually, back in vanilla WoW, lots of men and women met each other, started relationships in real life, got married in real life and in WoW. Today, that crowd is long gone and we're left with a bunch of nasty mythic raiders that scream at people to get gud and some casuals. But the game actually had a vibrant in-game community and was verging on becoming a social media giant like Facebook BEFORE Facebook.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Garithos had the authority to arrest Alliance members from Quel'thelas, and Dalaran was willing to hold them for him. I never got the impression that he was "the leader" of the Alliance, but he definitely was acting with authority in the area around Lordaeron.
    Then perhaps only Alliance Lordaeronians and/or the Alliance Kirin Tor/Silver Covenant and probably the Stormpike Dwarves should be guilty for Garithos, not all of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Why Calia? Sylvanas killed her with a black arrow and even that black arrow was not enough to kill her because Calia later defied death and became lightforged.
    The whole lightforged undead thing is not cringy to you? Not to mentioned how she's pushed to Forsaken matters after all these years. A fresh undead feeling alright about the whole thing and acting as the soul healer for those who have dealt with undeath for over a decade.

Btw, the arrow was enough to kill Calia, she did die. The lightforged rez wasn't her own doing.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?