Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Classic is an archaic version of the game filled with bugs, flaws and terrible non-quality of life features. I wouldn't be surprised if retail players steamrolled the "hardest" content of Classic without much effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Classic is an archaic version of the game filled with bugs, flaws and terrible non-quality of life features. I wouldn't be surprised if retail players steamrolled the "hardest" content of Classic without much effort.
    Even mediocre retail players clearing normal mode raids could deal with Naxx40, but there are still easily people who would consider it difficult to some degree because, lets be real, some people are just not good at this game, and even basics can be difficult for them in raid environments. It wasn't as amazingly difficult and epic as people think it is, and the only reason it was so difficult to get into was because gearing took forever and consumable upkeep was stupid, most people simply didn't have the time or dedication to raid 3-6 nights a week.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this happens when people with 16 years of experience do stuff. also its very subjective.

i have good analogy for it. situation in gym - dude with 10 years of experience comes and easily bench presses 100kg in series . then comes johny average sees this and thinks - wow that ust be easy . he tries 60kg once and it almost crushes him .

same is with classic - its only easy if you are seasoned player and know what you are doing. or have others to carry you .

otherwise its relatively difficult to even get through leveling period.

This would be true if benching 100kg could be done by just watching a dude do it on youtube.
    But it's not.

But this is how easy classic is, watching a kill once on youtube is enough to learn the fight of every boss in classic.

My story

I gave up classic wow because it was too hardcore...for me

I wanted to do PvP...only premades...and needed 100 gold to respec
    I was poor as fuck and my gold farming method was tiring...and hardcore...for me (BRD coffer runs)
    I needed to raid for Months to be able to be full epic...and i hate long time commitments....i always give up...thats just me

Classic was too hardcore for me. I give up

BUT i experienced the best leveling experience and community on planet earth it was worth it
    Loved it for what it was.

15+ Year Old Account
    My toons have died on classic to mobs. That doesn't happen on retail, so I'd say it is not too easy.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like the lack of raid difficulty is a big problem. Many guilds on our server struggled with BWL and couldn't get past Firemaw or the suppression room.
    If I could choose I'd prefer if they were a bit more difficult. I wouldn't mind some tuning in favor of that, especially towards the later raids, but I don't think you're gonna see most guilds steamroll Naxx. Many guilds will, but many will not.

I do hope that TBC sees some minor changes to make bosses a bit more challenging, while not pushing it too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I don't feel like the lack of raid difficulty is a big problem. Many guilds on our server struggled with BWL and couldn't get past Firemaw or the suppression room.
    If I could choose I'd prefer if they were a bit more difficult. I wouldn't mind some tuning in favor of that, especially towards the later raids, but I don't think you're gonna see most guilds steamroll Naxx. Many guilds will, but many will not.

I do hope that TBC sees some minor changes to make bosses a bit more challenging, while not pushing it too far.
    Yeah sure with all of that #nochanges its just a wish :P Would be cool but not goin to happen. I dunno hows other raids but ive made onyxia pug on second attempt. It was easy but on a 1st try overaggro and some bad decisions killed us.
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-04-15 at 11:42 AM.

Classic is an absolute joke. No rotations. No mechanics. Slow gameplay.

Thought I'd give classic a go. So far leveling has been painful. Having to stop and drink/eat after after level 5 mob pull is pretty annoying.

It's easy. The difficulty was always around how long everything took. Took forever to level to 60. Takes forever to get pre-raid bis set. takes forever to get actual tier 1 bis, tier 2, tier 3, etc. It is just slow.

The truth is that the raids of the classic have always been easy, the difference was the skill and ability of players to understand mechanics. Nowadays players deal with things that are much more complex and challenging than they used to be, so it's only natural that classic just becomes easier.

Look at all these bellends who think "lol the raids are mechanically simple" matters to anyone.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by sarkayan View Post
    The truth is that the raids of the classic have always been easy, the difference was the skill and ability of players to understand mechanics. Nowadays players deal with things that are much more complex and challenging than they used to be, so it's only natural that classic just becomes easier.
    Pretty much this, as well as I will throw in hardware issues that came out in the time. Honestly, I use to play this game at like 15 fps and major lag. It would have been unplayable with modern fight mechanics.

And this is true for every single game. Think of league of legends. Think about the toolkit of the champions at the time. It was a SUPER SIMPLE game mechanically and look at the champions being released now. There is no way in hell you could play a champ like aphillios or whatever the fuck his name is

short answer :yes.

The thing is the released the game in a way that everyone was at endgame level uppdates, meaning people have far better gear than they should have. This makes a huge difference in specially healing and dps.

I am fairly sure that all exp would be too easy if you took the endpatch and made sure all nerfs all "fixes" where in there from the begning. and that is classic, not too mention the changes they have done.

I'm not sure easy is the right word. Simple, yet unforgiving.

And it becomes less simple and more unforgiving as you move on in raids.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you really only care about endgame dungeons and raids then yeah it's pretty easy by today's standards.

But even if it's simple I still think it's fun. I personally like the slower pace of classic, often in retail everything happens so fast there's not much time to just stop and smell the roses.

In particular I love leveling and running dungeons in classic, but yeah not a fan of PvP or raiding. To be fair though I think I'll enjoy raiding a lot more with ZG, AQ20, and AQ40.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2020-04-24 at 06:46 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I feel that the community kinda lied to the players that came in fresh. Classic was painted as this hardcore super difficult game compared to a dumbed down super easy retail when in reality it's the complete opposite. Classes have like two buttons to press if they're lucky and bosses have almost no mechanics.

Unless you're extremely horny for the best gear in the game with as little challenge as possible I can't really see how anyone could enjoy this version of raiding for very long. Struggle is kinda important for things to feel meaningful, even in a video game.
    Most people don’t want significant amounts of mechanical complexity in their RPG. You misunderstand what players are looking for.

Nobody ever said classic raids were mechanically complex. That’s just a made up straw man that people trot out.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

It depends what you mean with "easy".

The raids are mechanically extremely easy.

However, the management of the game in general can be argued to be pretty difficult. Being a guild master in classic is probably a more complicated task than being a guild leader in retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Most people don’t want significant amounts of mechanical complexity in their RPG. You misunderstand what players are looking for.

Nobody ever said classic raids were mechanically complex. That’s just a made up straw man that people trot out.
    This. Personally I like mechanical complexity, but I completely understand if other people don't like it. Classic WoW and Retail WoW are just two very different games based on the same universe. They shouldn't necessarily be compared.

how can morons still discuss if classic is too easy or not?!

yes it doesnt require good performance and has its difficulty rather in organisation.

But guess what? That makes classic so good. You can play with any friends and enjoy raids,dungeons etc together.
    On Retail you cant do this.

I cant raid mythic or do a +19 key with my casual brother who plays 3h every 3rd week. But at the same time because of powerlvl increase through gear/essences stuff and knowledge doing appropriate content for him which would be normal raid or mythic +5-10 is painful boring for me.

Classic is a real mmorpg, bfa is excellent what it is but it definitely isnt a mmorpg.

Classic is Classic.

It's unchanging, static content.

It's easy, no one's really saying otherwise. But calling it "too easy", is kinda pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.