Thread: 50% on Classic

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

50% on Classic

Seems like blizzard is getting desperate to fill the classic servers. And that after a 42 min BWL kill run.

Well seems like thats it for classic

42 minutes? Lol

Also, I'm not clear what this sale is. Classic comes with a Retail subscription, what the hell is the 50% off of?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    42 minutes? Lol

Also, I'm not clear what this sale is. Classic comes with a Retail subscription, what the hell is the 50% off of?
    50% on your 1st subscription, for new wow account

42 minutes? Lol

Fastest was actually 32 minutes last I looked.

They're giving 50% off sub costs to new players using Classic to advertise the sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Fastest was actually 32 minutes last I looked.

They're giving 50% off sub costs to new players using Classic to advertise the sale.
    Oh, I get it, so you also get retail of course, they're just using Classic as the primary advertisement, got it. Thanks @Finear too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Seems like blizzard is getting desperate to fill the classic servers. And that after a 42 min BWL kill run.

That's the hardcore elite who does it in under an hour. I promise you that most guilds will most likely spend two raid nights in BWL the first time they go there, if not more. Not everyone got 10 years of pserver experience and the wallet to blow 1k on consumes on every raider.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Oh, I get it, so you also get retail of course, they're just using Classic as the primary advertisement, got it. Thanks @Finear too.
    Well, retail you need to buy the game aswell, for classic you only need to start a sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote myself from another thread: classic is not hard at all, but it's still a fun experience. Let's not pretend that a product so old and thoroughly examined has the potential to be challenging. Let's enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    That's the hardcore elite who does it in under an hour. I promise you that most guilds will most likely spend two raid nights in BWL the first time they go there, if not more. Not everyone got 10 years of pserver experience and the wallet to blow 1k on consumes on every raider.
    there are literally thousands guilds that already cleared bwl, in one day

Quote Originally Posted by Peacehagen View Post
    Well, retail you need to buy the game aswell, for classic you only need to start a sub.
    you get everything up to legion with sub, its not bfa but its "retail" version of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well over 600 guilds cleared it day one, most in under 3 hours. Thats just the ones who logged, and many did multiple clears day 1.

Some of those runs had 30-35 members as well. People are full clearing on alts in under 2 hours - im sorry, but its just not difficult in any way - casuals with zero experience are clearing it with pugs hourly.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-02-13 at 10:15 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could pay 50% on Classic subs.

That was litterally the entire point of Classic, they didn't do it because the players wanted it, they did it because they wanted the players. Insane surge of players, retail included for free, they knew the player dropoff would be huge, they just wanted those dropping out to play retail. I like classic and all, but when I sit down on an evening with an hour to play, I know that hour would be wasted on Classic. This would be the case for many returning players I'd assume. I put a few hours in on a weekend, but other than that I prefer retail because I can achieve something in an hour.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2020-02-13 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    To quote myself from another thread: classic is not hard at all, but it's still a fun experience. Let's not pretend that a product so old and thoroughly examined has the potential to be challenging. Let's enjoy it for what it is.
    Yeah, exactly. It's just like when Ocarina of Time came out for N64 back in the 90s. That game was considered hard in those days. Not everyone could beat it on their own; they needed a strategy guide or help from other friends. Now people can beat it in under 10 minutes or with their eyes closed. Doesn't even pose a challenge. It's pretty crazy.

#you think you do but you don't

We had p servers lol what aer you smoking

It's almost the exact same thing. If anything the clear times were longer cuz blizzard fucked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    That was litterally the entire point of Classic, they didn't do it because the players wanted it, they did it because they wanted the players. Insane surge of players, retail included for free, they knew the player dropoff would be huge, they just wanted those dropping out to play retail. I like classic and all, but when I sit down on an evening with an hour to play, I know that hour would be wasted on Classic. This would be the case for many returning players I'd assume. I put a few hours in on a weekend, but other than that I prefer retail because I can achieve something in an hour.
    Actually Classic is WAY more casual friendly these days and I've been thinking about dropping retail for it since I simply don't have the time to play as much as all the AP, rep, daily, essence etc. grinding requires. In Classic when you hit 60 you don't have to worry about anything else but to use that 1h per night to farm gold/consumables, clear raid content in one night and that's it. Retail is absolute grindfest even if you'd want to focus on solely on arenas. You HAVE to run M+ and raids and have certain corruptions on gear to be able to compete.

Or they're banking on the hype from a patch on their bigger version of their game to carry the sub loss from a weak retail game.

Anecdotal speculation is fun isn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    42 minutes? Lol

the fastest (third kill) was 30 minutes by APES, they had a bug and couldnt enter for a good 15 minutes, so they lost first and second place, but in the top 3 they beat it 10 minutes faster then the other 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This is for NEW players. Not existing. If it were for EXISTING players I might be more inclined to agree that Classic was in trouble. But that isn't the case.

Why the hate for Classic? No one expected it to retain 100% of its players 6 months out and beyond. This thread feels... pointless.

Edit: The cynic in me knows this is just to get a fresh group of players hooked and paying $15 a month after the first month promo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the fastest (third kill) was 30 minutes by APES, they had a bug and couldnt enter for a good 15 minutes, so they lost first and second place, but in the top 3 they beat it 10 minutes faster then the other 2.
    Really? LOL

So much for the "But they will buff it since the devs know it will be easy"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Try leveling a ret pally in classic, and let's see how you feel about it then.