Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Classic players don't need to know their role, they dont need to make their own tools. They can successfully navigate the hardest content while being unprofessional about it.

I'm sure both groups have fun but it is obvious that one group is actually doing it right. That's the group that is innovating and pushing boundaries. Not the group that don't know how to enter an instance properly and choke.
    ...right... I watched most of Limit's stream of the world first kill, and every time it had their comms they were basically just "REEEEEEEEEEEE-ing" in the chat having a good time. It was hilarious in a good way. It's the exact same kind of shit that happens in Classic WoW. The better you are at the game, the more you can fuck around and say dumb shit while playing the game at the highest level. They were cracking jokes throughout all of the non progression phases of Mythic N'zoth while waiting to get back to the Mythic only section and burn the boss for the kill. It's the same shit that APES and the like do. They've probably done this content a billion times and are just messing around in the raid. Limit had basically mastered P1 at this point and could fuck around during the fight until it got serious again.

It happens in both versions of the game. It's all a matter of how much they have to actually focus in the current moment.

There are some seriously salty ppl in this thread lol. I'll never understand why ppl that dont like classic or its players, come into a thread and talk shit. If retail is so much better, why arent they in retail threads or actually in game playing? Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    ahahahhah...ahhhhh (breathes) ahhalllala

Oh. You're serious.
    Monkey gets slapped around all day every day then talks about limited action set retail....

He has gotta be the most delusional player on this forum, lul

100% doghshieeeet

Arenas lul

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    There are some seriously salty ppl in this thread lol. I'll never understand why ppl that dont like classic or its players, come into a thread and talk shit. If retail is so much better, why arent they in retail threads or actually in game playing? Lmao
    Very similar reasons why the classic fanboys do the same shit towards retail and its playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Very similar reasons why the classic fanboys do the same shit towards retail and its playerbase.
    So both sets of that type of poster should just stop. I dont go to retail threads. Just wish ppl didn't shit up threads I'm in because they act like 5 year olds reeing that someone else started it

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't get these tryhards on Classic either, tbh.

1) It's just a nice distraction from Retail, the real game.
    2) It's difficulty is at LFR level, you can clear most of the raids in a full group of green geared people
    3) It's just meant to be chilled and taken as a casual experience, even the DPS rotations are 1-2 button spams allowing you to chit chat while casually on Discord while clearing every raidtear.
    retail is terrible go back to ur endless titan forging and limited action set pvp

vanilla bars and rames, retailer pvpers, kek

And if it was LFR level we all know no1 woulda wiped, even the worst retailer scum, cuz that's impossible

It's about the hollistic experience pleb. No PvE is good, because it would be too niche. That's why they nerf everything after they release it. lol

Enjoy watching otehrs clear cotnent as you wait for it to be nerfed into the ground??? hahahaha
    Last edited by Mukind; 2020-02-18 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    There is absolutely a difference in tone as well as greatly different proportions of player segments. In vanilla the majority of players were just playing to have fun, with the "serious" players pushing the latest raid content and pursuing GM/HWL being something of a minority (it wouldn't surprise me if they were a single-digit percentage of Vanilla's population). It feels like that's been flipped in Classic, with a large portion (or even the majority) being tryhards (or wannabe tryhards) and only a handful playing for fun.

The reason behind why this happened is multi-factored, but I would chiefly blame the rise of streaming and esports. Those two in tandem twisted the mentality of the larger gaming community such that now a lot of people feel that all gameplay must be competitive in some sense, must be centered around minmaxing, and must chase the meta in order to be considered legitimate. Dare to play the game any other way and you'll be loudly derided.
    This is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    This is the truth.
    yea terrible streamers are the problem?

lol have you guys seen who are popular streamers/

Esfand

Asmongold?

They're beyond terrible

Tips out?

In NA streamers are not the problem. NA stream watchers do not consume actual good players in most games. Certainly not WoW. At best they pick some one sorta top tier who is entertaining.

It's nota bout the game at all

Game theory would exist with or without the streamers people, if anything they help the plebs make arguments for stupid crap.

People are just way more knowledgable now, not really more serious than they did in vanilla. I'm super casual in classic and play lots of classes on both factions and just about everyone else is geared for their role and using consumables.

Sure, you get some randoms who aren't but those are more outliers than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That's why I returned to retail. Classic community really ruined game for me with all that efficiency-oriented gameplay. I want to have fun, not to achieve a goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I've noticed in PVE.

I tend to think that PVP players take the game more seriously because it sucks to lose and die all the time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

every classic thread ends us with the same argument lol

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes. That's why I returned to retail. Classic community really ruined game for me with all that efficiency-oriented gameplay. I want to have fun, not to achieve a goal.
    Find a nice guild =) Me and my GF are very happy with our guild, we just play for fun. We ofc want to clear all raid content, and we will do so. But it'll take a bit longer than others. But we're having a lot of fun just playing doing silly stuff.

It's just people playing classic at this point are mostly people who try to be what they weren't back in the days: good players.
    So everyone's playing meta, taking everything seriously, from levelling to faceroll raids...
    Classic is nothing like vanilla, it's a soulless game where people tryhard content that isn't meant for tryhards, and it's gonna get worse and worse as only stubborn players keep playing it.
    Last edited by Mokuna; 2020-02-19 at 07:39 AM.

2) It's difficulty is at LFR level, you can clear most of the raids in a full group of green geared people
    3) It's just meant to be chilled and taken as a casual experience, even the DPS rotations are 1-2 button spams allowing you to chit chat while casually on Discord while clearing every raidtear.
    I wouldnt say that classic is just a distraction from retail. Classic is just for another type of audience. They just value other stuff, in a way it comes down to 'sticking together'. E.g. it is much rarer to have someone leave mid strat, than it is to have someone leave a m+ after a wipe. (That last bit is just from personal exp. and could very well be confirmation bias).

Classic is easy, yes. But doing MC/ony with the whole raid in greens without pserver experience? That is not as easy as you may think. As soon as you get some pre raid BiS it is barely a challenge anymore. I am not sure what 'most raids' includes, but if you think you can do BWL easily with greens, or just in pre raid BiS, that is not going to happen, at least not easily.

Another bait thread that feigns innocence when called out. Sure why not, not like there is anything else to talk about a solved game

#notmyrealgame

I play classic exclusively and even I don't understand classic players.

The amount of players min/maxing and putting insane effort/time in Classic is just baffling me.
    Especially since it is not necessary at all for the current content (except for tanks since both threat and survival are a big deal).
    People are min/maxing so hard on Classic it is impossible to farm herbs/orbs in the open world and consumable/enchanting prices on AH are insane.
    I saw an old thread where a Black Lotus (for flasks) went for 6 gold 15 years ago. Now its 150 gold. One flask is 350g (3 flasks is epic mount basically).

I am in one of the most casual guilds on the realm yet everyone spends like 200g to 500g on consumables every raid night, instantly enchants their gear with the best enchants (costs 100 gold easily) and comes to raids with full world buffs (Org buffs, DM buffs, Songflowers, Darkmoon Faire, Juju's and god knows what more they find). Heck there are so many people in Orgrimmar around 18:00 for the world buffs the whole zone lags out and crashes.

Why do they do it?
    I don't even know. They don't even care about ranks, don't even check logs.

I've been tempted a few times to try out retail again and go for a cutting edge N'zoth kill (was in a world 500 guild) since the mythic raids are better and more challenging. Though honestly threat control and holding back dps seems to be particularly hard and challenging for many players haha. Was especially tempted when we only did MC for 90min a week in Classic. But with BWL out now I had so much fun. Killing stuff and the small chances of getting really good loot to drop feels so much more rewarding than in retail. So I guess I will pass up a N'zoth kill and dedicate more time to Classic. Shame I don't have the time to commit to both.

It's possible they do. I mean you really have to start by acknowledging that people that play classic decided to go back and do it. They really want to be there with no strings attached.

A lot of what keeps me grinding retail has to do with attachment. Getting my character I played for a decade to the new cap. Getting it some gear. Adding to the mount and pet collections. Increasing and making new mogs. Seeing the new raid. Getting those base achievements with it. So its doing something to get something often not tied to having fun more or less. We fail the achieve we want people just bail. Only reason they were there. Boss 2 drop the item 3 people want and it dies without it dropping? Bye.

With my classic player when I log in and do something it's because I really want to do it. We running scholo? Cool I want to be there and the others do too. If I don't want to be there I am not. Nothing outside of being there is teasing me into there aside from a social one that I can accept or deny if someone asks.

So saying "they are more/less serious" is probably a bad way to say it. But saying they are doing it more for the actual reasons the content exists for rather than a side reason or side effect to doing the content is probably true. So that may result in people doing the actual content a more focused.