Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    If that were true, then the entire token system would've collapsed and died immediately. The price started out at 20k. There are no tokens available to buy in-game via gold if someone hasn't bought one with money first.
    Except when the token started the economy wasn’t where it’s at now and people were complaining about the 20-23k gold cost for being too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Its mostly MMO champion. This place is 99% cancer.
    I really hope to god the dev team doesn’t visit this site for feedback.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty huge - better late than never - only wonder if that's going to be an ongoing thing from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve heard rumors that it’s bugged for Jaina, and mounts aren’t even dropping.

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Audio724 View Post
    I'm glad someone else noticed and commented on this. I was actually quite excited for Teeming Islands Brawl, as it sounded like what I expected PVP Island Expeditions to be from the beginning. It's a shame that they announce this as a feature for the patch and can't even get it to fire/work properly. Hopefully it doesn't just get shelved as I think it could be really interesting and re-playable content if done correctly. I also wonder why Temple of Hotmogu is their go-to brawl when things don't work out (see the Cooking Impossible brawl a week ago). A little variance would be greatly appreciated.
    I agree completely. I’ve been looking forward to PVP islands and PvP Warzones since the launch of this xpac. I can’t tell you how frustrating it’s been trying to feel excited for PvP these days. I rly wi shh they hadn’t just “given up (TM blizzard ent)” on warfronts as a whole. I’ve wanted a PvP MOBA wow experience since Alterac valley failed to do so in vanilla

Didn't they do this for some other 100% mount back in the day...?

Also, gotta love MMO-C.

Developers: - Hey, we did this to throw all of you Mythic raiders out there a bone!

MMO-C: - OH LOOK AT THEM TRYING TO MILK THE TOKEN LOLOLO SCUMMY GREEDY PRACTICES!!!

Only a very select few are big enough whales to buy these mounts with either gold or real money (via RMT-boost services outside of the game), they won't have an impact on the economy of the token.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-16 at 01:40 AM.

I dont understand the change for mount being 2 and not 1 like before, i mean, why suddenly they do that? They never did it for the others expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I’ve heard rumors that it’s bugged for Jaina, and mounts aren’t even dropping.
    Was true initially, but is now fixed, finished a run around ~19;30 yesterday in EU, and we got 2 mounts as intended.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

We only had one mount drop for our kill last night (15 Feb 2020/2345 PST); so after looking through the help feature in game, i came across this:

We identified an issue were Lady Jaina Proudmoore was not dropping any Glacial Tidestorm mounts on Mythic difficulty. She has been reverted to now drop only 1 mount again while the underlying issue is investigated.

Customer support will not be granting additional mounts while the drop rate is reverted.

Kind of important news, wondering why no posts are up about it. Not sure if it is also affecting N’Zoth the Corruptor.

The above information was from Article ID: 259142 from the in game help feature. It was updated 3 hours ago, from the time i posted this response.
    Last edited by Kal10; 2020-02-16 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    There's really not much keeping collectors this expansion. People aren't even bothering farming the raids from the previous patches because the armour sets look so shit. No one uses them either.

Legion class sets on the other hand, I see a lot of people using them and I still see plenty of groups farming them.
    I love the Death knight armor set from Antorus myself, and most T6 gear from tomb is looking nice on classes.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    There's really not much keeping collectors this expansion. People aren't even bothering farming the raids from the previous patches because the armour sets look so shit. No one uses them either.

Legion class sets on the other hand, I see a lot of people using them and I still see plenty of groups farming them.
    I'll do BFA content when it goes legacy loot mode. I have 0 desire to share drops when I can just wait and get all the drops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Didn't they do this for some other 100% mount back in the day...?

Also, gotta love MMO-C.

Developers: - Hey, we did this to throw all of you Mythic raiders out there a bone!

MMO-C: - OH LOOK AT THEM TRYING TO MILK THE TOKEN LOLOLO SCUMMY GREEDY PRACTICES!!!

Only a very select few are big enough whales to buy these mounts with either gold or real money (via RMT-boost services outside of the game), they won't have an impact on the economy of the token.
    It's only 250€ on a certain website which I'm not sure if I can link so I won't. On another of these websites I'm not sure if I can link it's 80€ and 230€on a third. At what dollar amount do you become a whale? I bought D3:Reaper of Souls CE last week for 80€, am I a baby whale?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'll do BFA content when it goes legacy loot mode. I have 0 desire to share drops when I can just wait and get all the drops

- - - Updated - - -

It's only 250€ on a certain website which I'm not sure if I can link so I won't. On another of these websites I'm not sure if I can link it's 80€ and 230€on a third. At what dollar amount do you become a whale? I bought D3:Reaper of Souls CE last week for 80€, am I a baby whale?
    That's because it's a mount from 2 tiers ago. When it was new, the price was at least the double. For a while it was over 700 euro. And yes, some people (whales to the RMT companies) paid that price.

The price for the CURRENT "big thing" in 100% mounts, is well over 1000 euro. The site I've got up right now, has it listed at "only" 1,999 EURO.

As for whether you quality as a whale or not, I'll leave you with this: https://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/w...e-just-gamers/
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-16 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    5th Planet Games, a developer of social games for both casual and hardcore audiences, starts classifying its players as whales when they spend $100 or more a month.
    Aside from the amount he spends every month ($100 on average and sometimes as much as $400), he shares many of the same interests and concerns of regular gamers
    Just because he spends a lot of money doesn’t mean this routine conflicts with everyday living.
    I think $100 a month being a lot of money is funny. That's my internet bill, cell phone bill is 3/4th's that, it's just an insignificant amount of money to me. I typically buy 6 tokens a month to sell for gold but I'm saving for the possible gold spike on SL launch. So I guess I'm a fairweather whale lol

the top whale had spent $6,700.
    One day you'll be mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-Worl...IAAOSw321d-CqB
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-02-17 at 12:16 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I think $100 a month being a lot of money is funny. That's my internet bill, cell phone bill is 3/4th's that, it's just an insignificant amount of money to me. I typically buy 6 tokens a month to sell for gold but I'm saving for the possible gold spike on SL launch. So I guess I'm a fairweather whale lol

One day you'll be mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-Worl...IAAOSw321d-CqB
    Well, I don't judge people based on how they spend their own money, what's "useless" to one gives great joy to another. I was merely pointing out that the "whales" big enough to spend either gold or real money or real money for gold to afford Mythic mounts, are a minority. A response to the "oh they're making this change to boost sales on wow-tokens"-outrage. I was part of said outrage myself once and as I saw that it didn't have any effect on token values, I got over that kind of knee-jerk reaction.

Fun fact: I've been called a whale on these forums for buying a WoW CE every 2 years, or buying a 10euro toy, or just for keeping on paying a sub to play the game.

I have to say, I'm surprised to learn that original Vanilla CE are still available for purchase... If I won the lottery, I'd raid Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    This community is hilarious, Blizzard can do nothing right.

1 mount drop per week: “Blizzard is stringing us along for subs!!”

2 mounts per week: “Guilds can start selling mounts for gold sooner which means more WoW tokens sold!!”
    This is the only reason I come to this website regularly... the comment section is gold, Jerry! Gold!

I think $100 a month being a lot of money is funny.
    It is for some. In my country the minimum wage is 295 EUR. The average wage is 625 EUR.

100$ to spent on random benefits in a game is a lot if you think that nowadays you get a full brand new game at 80EUR/$ tops. Not even talking about the fact that you can go on steam and buy a bunch of indie games that will give you a lot of value for your buck.
    That's basically why it's considered whale limit. Not because it's a lot for you, but because you spend more than is sensible for a lot less than it's worth (like a pixel mount or time skips or some legendary gear or whatever it is game companies sell these days).