15+ Year Old Account

Wendy William - at it again with the foot in the mouth

I posted this in the G-OT section because this doesn't necessarily go under the Music/TV/Movie section as she is a celebrity and has to do with the crap that she spews out of her mouth.

For those who don't know who Wendy Williams is, she's a former NYC DJ who ended up getting her own daytime talk show that is very reminiscent of Joan Rivers' shows she had while she was still alive (only Joan Rivers actually had talent, was funny, and got big name celebs on her show when SHE had her talk show, and celebs actually liked Joan and/or respected her opinions for the most part). The shows revolve around gossip, dishing about reality TV, and bringing on mostly C & D list celebs while she talks to A-list celebs in her segments to give them advice as if she will ever meet them or they would value her opinion. She is a former drug addict (perks of being a radio DJ I guess). She had her breasts enlarged greatly to be almost comical when you see her. Her husband cheated on her and he filed for divorce. Her son that she says is her world chose to live with his father who cheated on his mother instead of living with his celebrity mom after the divorce (makes you wonder what kind of a parent she is if the attraction of having a celebrity parent wasn't even enough to draw him to want to live with her). Throughout her career, she has been slammed by various people in media, social media, and celebrities who say that she looks like an ape, looks like a man, and is actually transgender not born as a woman. I personally don't believe that last thing but do have to agree that she looks very masculine given her looks and the fact that she's like 6 feet tall or around that.

So enough of the backstory and onto the meat & potatoes of this post. Wed on her show she once again went on a tirade about the LGBT community...yet again. She is one of the most transphobic celebrities I've seen and reports from people who have worked for her indicate she's homophobic behind the camera and is even more transphobic behind the camera. She attacks any person who say anything about her looks (be it the ape comparison or saying she's really a man) but a couple months ago gave a backhanded compliment to Joaquin Phoenix when she talked about how handsome he was even with the cleft lip he has. She received A LOT of backlash from that comment and even edited the video of that segment on her Facebook page to remove the comment entirely and ended the video right before she made that comment. The story I'm talking about that happened Wed is in the link at the bottom of the page. Also you can see pictures of Wendy in that article in case you are curious what she looks like to draw your own conclusions on things said about her.

So my question to you guys is, do you even like this woman and/or her show? How do you feel about her now if you didn't know what kind of person she was in the past?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wendy-wil...173544673.html

I guess I should say my opinion on this. I think it is past the time her show was cancelled. Sponsors need to pull their sponsorship of her show and walk away before they suffer backlash for being associated with her.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2020-02-15 at 07:02 AM.

Why do you care so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you assume anyone of us has ever heard of this woman?

You're caring too much about some rando, unlike your motherland (Russia), the west really do not care about those ppl unless they're used as a foundation for comedy and ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I posted this in the G-OT section because this doesn't necessarily go under the Music/TV/Movie section as she is a celebrity and has to do with the crap that she spews out of her mouth.

For those who don't know who Wendy Williams is, she's a former NYC DJ who ended up getting her own daytime talk show that is very reminiscent of Joan Rivers' shows she had while she was still alive (only Joan Rivers actually had talent, was funny, and got big name celebs on her show when SHE had her talk show, and celebs actually liked Joan and/or respected her opinions for the most part). The shows revolve around gossip, dishing about reality TV, and bringing on mostly C & D list celebs while she talks to A-list celebs in her segments to give them advice as if she will ever meet them or they would value her opinion. She is a former drug addict (perks of being a radio DJ I guess). She had her breasts enlarged greatly to be almost comical when you see her. Her husband cheated on her and he filed for divorce. Her son that she says is her world chose to live with his father who cheated on his mother instead of living with his celebrity mom after the divorce (makes you wonder what kind of a parent she is if the attraction of having a celebrity parent wasn't even enough to draw him to want to live with her). Throughout her career, she has been slammed by various people in media, social media, and celebrities who say that she looks like an ape, looks like a man, and is actually transgender not born as a woman. I personally don't believe that last thing but do have to agree that she looks very masculine given her looks and the fact that she's like 6 feet tall or around that.

So enough of the backstory and onto the meat & potatoes of this post. Wed on her show she once again went on a tirade about the LGBT community...yet again. She is one of the most transphobic celebrities I've seen and reports from people who have worked for her indicate she's homophobic behind the camera and is even more transphobic behind the camera. She attacks any person who say anything about her looks (be it the ape comparison or saying she's really a man) but a couple months ago gave a backhanded compliment to Joaquin Phoenix when she talked about how handsome he was even with the cleft lip he has. She received A LOT of backlash from that comment and even edited the video of that segment on her Facebook page to remove the comment entirely and ended the video right before she made that comment. The story I'm talking about that happened Wed is in the link at the bottom of the page. Also you can see pictures of Wendy in that article in case you are curious what she looks like to draw your own conclusions on things said about her.

So my question to you guys is, do you even like this woman and/or her show? How do you feel about her now if you didn't know what kind of person she was in the past?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wendy-wil...173544673.html

I guess I should say my opinion on this. I think it is past the time her show was cancelled. Sponsors need to pull their sponsorship of her show and walk away before they suffer backlash for being associated with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych
    Why do you assume anyone of us has ever heard of this woman?
    Apparently, because of large breasts!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Ahem. Large fake breasts. *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    And by breasts you mean nostrils right?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving that woman any sort of attention means you've lost. She has been trolling the celeb gossip circuit before most of us were born. She has no shame, no line is too far. Just ignore her.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is touching on several disallowed subjects and given the information presented in the OP, there's probably no way for this to result in discussion that doesn't overlap with the aforementioned forbidden topics. Surveying people on their opinion of a talk show host isn't important news nor is this a well enough known person to justify any kind of exception to our forbidden topics rules.

Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |