The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This season happening feels like a long shot.
    Season happening I think has decent odds, probably abbreviated. Fans being in attendance is a long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Worked for the Titans
    Rodgers is no Ryan Tannehill that's for sure. Seems like a move for a different team than the one they've got.

Then again, we discount that one year Lafleur spent in Tennessee.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Giants signed 2 LB in the offseason then drafted 4 more LB?

Just read some article stated that Joe Judge is going to run the Belichick 3-4 hybrid defense...
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2020-04-26 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Giants signed 2 LB in the offseason then drafted 4 more LB?

Just read some article stated that Joe Judge is going to run the Belichick 3-4 hybrid defense...
    His Defensive Coordinator is a former Belichick assistant so that makes some sense.

Truthfully though, Belichick has run a 4-3 hybrid defense and a 3-4 hybrid defense at times and last year seemed to vary between the 2 depending on match up and field position.

So if Joe Judge truly brought Belichick's defense with him, he's going to be multiple between fronts and coverages and switch between them depending on what kind of personnel he has.

There's 1 thing though, and that is that Belichick likes his linebackers to be big and strong and not necessarily fast. If the Giants defense had linebackers who were more run and hit, smaller linebackers built on a scheme where the D-line kept them clean and the linebackers made the plays, then I can see Judge and Graham choosing to rebuild the LB'er room with different sort of linebackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was pretty hot about our day 1 picks, but I can see the team that Mayock and Gruden are trying to build, especially with business done on day 2 and 3 (Also holy hell, we got all 7 picks in by the 4th round)

A corner, corner/safety and a safety/linebacker on defence, two WRs a WR/RB/QB/KR/PR and a Guard on offence, this is a team that has made clear their intentions and managed to address need, pick value be damned.

After seeing how well we drafted last year, I am excited to see these players take to the field, if that ever happens.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Saints are signing Taysom Hill to a 2 year deal with some nice money, he's definitely earned that. Also they are signing Jameis Winston to a contract to be the backup in case of injury to Brees (not complete last I read). At first I was negative on the Winston deal but hey, maybe learning from Brees and Payton will be really good for him and lead him to a contract in a future year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The Saints are signing Taysom Hill to a 2 year deal with some nice money, he's definitely earned that. Also they are signing Jameis Winston to a contract to be the backup in case of injury to Brees (not complete last I read). At first I was negative on the Winston deal but hey, maybe learning from Brees and Payton will be really good for him and lead him to a contract in a future year.
    Fuck Winston and fuck signing him.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly worked out for Bridgewater.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    i don't feel that strongly one way or another. I think I'd rather have Winston right now as insurance than an unproven draft pick though.

Between the draft and UDFAs, Denver picked up 5 WRs. Guess that is one way to get at least 1 that works out.

Would you rather Winston or Hill play QB if Brees gets hurt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Between the draft and UDFAs, Denver picked up 5 WRs. Guess that is one way to get at least 1 that works out.

I have to imagine the depth chart is Brees, Hill, Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I have to imagine the depth chart is Brees, Hill, Winston.
    Nah, it'll be Brees, Winston, Hill with Hill active in other parts of the game. If they DO have Winston 3rd on the depth chart they'd still keep him active on gameday so Hill can play all the roles he does. You saw what happened when Brees got hurt, Bridgewater played QB and Hill was barely on the field during the 5 games Brees missed. I don't really see that changing this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Hill... the other one I don't even want to see in a Saints uniform.

Last year Hill disappeared from the offense when Brees was out, but now Hill has been paid, and they didn't pay him to not play.
    /s

Uber drives in New Orleans should be on the lookout for grappy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Uber drives in New Orleans should be on the lookout for grappy hands.
    Not forgiving Winston for being a piece of shit, but there are plenty of pieces of shit in the NFL and other walks of life. Not really sure where you're going with this one. Not like that is gonna get him barred from the NFL.

Not forgiving Winston for being a piece of shit, but there are plenty of pieces of shit in the NFL and other walks of life. Not really sure where you're going with this one. Not like that is gonna get him barred from the NFL.
    Guess you missed the joke.

With the Alex Smith documentary coming out a picture of his leg four days after the injury is making the rounds. I knew it was bad, but goddamn. I'm surprised the dude lived, let alone was able to keep his leg and make a potential comeback.
    Last edited by Piglord; 2020-04-29 at 08:46 PM.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL reducing pay of higher ups, furloughing employees, and Goodell taking 0 salary kinda has the early makings of a shortened or postponed season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm warming up a little to signing Winston, mostly because he keeps saying nice things about Brees, and because he's so cheap.

Though it does feel a little bit like the Saints are getting everyone attuned only for them to go join another guild right after.
    /s

I'm warming up a little to signing Winston, mostly because he keeps saying nice things about Brees, and because he's so cheap.

Though it does feel a little bit like the Saints are getting everyone attuned only for them to go join another guild right after.
    I mean the plan has multiple routes for them. If Winston revives his career and gets a good deal elsewhere the Saints get a good compensatory pick. If he ends up taking over the starting job after Brees retires (assuming Taysom can't do it) then they win as well. If Winston never plays a down and resigns to the Saints again the following year for a low cost then it just gives them a backup at a low cost.

One thing is for sure is that Winston is in PR mode saying the right things and wanting to be a team player. Maybe he really means it, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NFL reducing pay of higher ups, furloughing employees, and Goodell taking 0 salary kinda has the early makings of a shortened or postponed season.
    Weird thing is that the NFL is technically not losing money yet, you would think. There's no games on.

But I kind of have the feeling that by the time we get to summer that too many people will be sick and tired of the measures and that society in general will force itself to be open and normal again, which would open the way for the NFL to operate as usual.

I think the NFL is mostly just covering it's bases and making sure that if they do have to shorten or postpone the season, that it happens in a way they can afford.