The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I've seen some people entertain the notion of a QB going to Atlanta, but they've been in win-now mode and pushing cap costs into the future, Ryan has a cap hit over $40 mil next season, and its something around $50 mil dead money if they moved on.
    I think the only QB that goes to Atlanta would be Lawrence. If they don't land at #1 they aren't taking a QB.

What I don't get is the people saying they should cut Ryan this offseason. You point out the dead cap hit, I'll raise you Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. No reason if you're the Falcons and you get #1 to not hold onto Ryan and sit Lawrence his whole first season. Let Ryan get destroyed behind a rebuilding O-Line instead of your rookie.

Julio I think has to go now though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Lawrence isn’t going to Atlanta. They’ll find a way to win atleast a few games. He is most likely going to one of the teams in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the only QB that goes to Atlanta would be Lawrence. If they don't land at #1 they aren't taking a QB.

What I don't get is the people saying they should cut Ryan this offseason. You point out the dead cap hit, I'll raise you Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. No reason if you're the Falcons and you get #1 to not hold onto Ryan and sit Lawrence his whole first season. Let Ryan get destroyed behind a rebuilding O-Line instead of your rookie.

Julio I think has to go now though.
    Isn't Juilo's dead cap is higher than Ryan's like close to 60 million?

We're really in a 2-3 year rebuild or maybe someone could put together the pieces somehow for next year. We need a new physio/training staff. Too many injuries to key players too often too. Or we need to stop drafting jelly donuts.

The AFC East is gonna have some elite QBs with Tua and Josh Allen already, because I'm pretty sure the NYJ are self-sabotaging by not firing Gase to get Lawrence.

We'll do something like win 3 of the next 4. Somehow split the Saints. Loose to the Raiders beat the Chargers. Split the Bucs and get crushed by the Chiefs.
    Go like 6- 10 and get a top 10 pick closer to 10.

Or Some miracle will happen and Morris will pull rabbits out of hats and we'll make the playoffs. Then loose the first round. Then suck again just enough to never get a replacement QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for me to anxiously swap channels between the Dodgers and Saints, and since its Fox and ESPN I'll leave the volume off.
    /s

Holy shit I hate these Chargers uniforms, first time I'm seeing them in live action.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gold pants are a mistake.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints offense trying to take some pressure off the defense by also being terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to have a game end with something other than a penalty.
    /s

100% I can see the world where they back door into the playoff at 7-9, decide not to overspend on Dak, Dak walks to the Giants, and the Giants end up the 10 year bane of the Cowboys and Jason Garret ends up with another head coaching gig somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly at this point I think the top QBs are going to some mix of Atlanta, New York, and Washington.
    I'm under no allusion that the Vikings will end up with either of the top 3 options. It's more of a dream scenario where the season goes the way it is, they end up with a top pick and draft Lawrence or one of the other two and have them sit behind Cousins for a season then cutting Cousins when his cap hit drops down to $10 mil.

But instead they'll probably draft some random dude who'll turn into another Christian Ponder as the "quarterback of the future"!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I forgot the Cowboys signed Dalton. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he ends up playing well and they don't kill their cap on Dak. Last time Dalton was on an offense even in the same galaxy as this, he was in the conversation for MVP before he got hurt.

Welcome to Kubiak football. It is why he historically gives QBs their best seasons. His entire offense is run and play action plays that cut the field in half for the QB. Im actually surprised their offense has not been better considering this is the offense Cousins was drafted to play in.
    I imagine it's a combination of a) the Vikings have been awful at scouting quality OL players under Spielman (the fact that we're excited to go back to Elflien, who was grading in the bottom half of the league at guard because Samia is literally the worst guard tells you what you need to know) and b) Cousins just isn't a reliable or consistent QB and is like a less-mobile Fitzpatrick. When he's good he can put up some numbers, but when he's bad he plays like a third-string QB fresh out of college.

3 defensive starters out, including both our starting CBs, 2 key backups injured....not looking good for our defense.

I'm not feeling great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh Norman can fly.

That or Henry is a human launchpad.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bills defense carried the team the last few years. Now if the offense doesn't score 28-30+ per game its a loss.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Stat of the game: We outgained the Titans 370 yards to 334, and they beat us 42-16. No defensive or special teams TDs by the Titans either, though obviously they were a factor in that.

They had 3 TD drives of LESS THAN 20 YARDS. And another for less than 30 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Bills defense carried the team the last few years. Now if the offense doesn't score 28-30+ per game its a loss.
    Sounds like the Falcons! Etc the defense can't even hold a lead or game when the Offense scores 30+ in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Stat of the game: We outgained the Titans 370 yards to 334, and they beat us 42-16. No defensive or special teams TDs by the Titans either, though obviously they were a factor in that.

They had 3 TD drives of LESS THAN 20 YARDS. And another for less than 30 yards.
    Welcome to the garbage stat QB club! Where you put up tons of great fantasy stats except for TDs!

Not sure what it is with Denver and DUIs but Melvin Gordon was too stupid to have someone else drive for him and got one.

I don't even know who else will even be playing RB other than Freeman if Lindsay is still hurt. They put their 4th string guy on IR recently.

Not that it matters, Shurmur is a trash play caller and puts then is bad positions anyway.

The gold pants are a mistake.
    They are an homage to the UCLA uniforms. The Chargers were originally founded in Los Angeles and modeled their uniform after UCLA including the colors.

Last edited by Die; 2020-10-15 at 10:47 PM.

"[Schefter] Former Jets’ RB Le’Veon Bell is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source tells ESPN. Bell wanted to win a Super Bowl and believes Kansas City is the place to go to try to do it."

Patriots with 1, possibly 2 more positive tests. Going to guess they won't be playing again this weekend. Good thing they moved a shit ton of games around instead of just moving Broncos/Pat's to week 18....

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Patriots with 1, possibly 2 more positive tests. Going to guess they won't be playing again this weekend. Good thing they moved a shit ton of games around instead of just moving Broncos/Pat's to week 18....
    Nope. NFL has just washed its hands of the whole thing, and are saying "Game is on as scheduled, on Sunday."

LOL.

Of course the players JUST signed a CBA that largely makes it impossible for them to sue over shit like this, so the league looks like it's just not gonna give a shit any more.