Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    -Community will complain about irrelevant shit all of the time.

This is my comprehensive list of stuff that will ruin Shadowlands.
    ^

Actually doesnt matter what will Shadowlands be, ppl will find a way to say "boring & unfun"
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since most people will drone on about the usual, i will try to throw in my own two cents.

-Classes not receiving much in terms of new abilities/flow
    -Covenants not being different enough from reputations to matter
    -Torgast not having enough variety/too tank friendly/locked down too much, say one per week.
    -Legendaries becoming boring to grind, pace too slow.
    -Not enough to do outside of M+ and Raiding.
    -Item acquisition neutered for non-raiders/m+ers?, with no titanforge players should be able to acquire/upgrade their gear at a decent speed/difficulty ratio.
    -Character customization not nearly as vast or interesting as shown.

Those are the main ones i can think of Shadowlands specific.

The contiuation of important power rewards (ala essence, visions) which require you to engage in content you're likely to dislike. Wow is at its best when to play, you can just play the parts you enjoy. BFA broke that concept so hard just keeping it like this is enough to ruin shadowlands.

Edited to add: pvp rewards staying superior in pve or vice versa. Battlegrounds staying useless in terms of rewards, even as a starter pvp pack.

Basically, if crap reward system of bfa isn't fixed.

Lack of new class.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I can't speak for anyone else, but what would absolutely wreck SL for me, Is if they limit Torghast like Horrific visions. Keys you need to farm in braindead content, when everything in there is weekly capped anyways. Gear and cloak upgrade is locked to once per week. So why the keys ? I feel forced to not do the content, because i feel like i need to save the keys to not fuck up my cloak upgrade, so visions is simply something im not doing for fun. I only do it to upgrade my cloak and hoard keys.

Torghast needs to be open for people who wants to do it nonstop. Add the shit you need to do behind a weekly cap that you can quickly get done and forget about, and add stuff you would want to do on the side that is not locked. The more you want to play, the more you get rewarded by stuff that is not required to do, but good enough that if you want to do it, you get rewarded for it

Absolutely spot on. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    They goof up scaling and I can't solo my old content. (Old content is like 90% of what I do in game)
    ...that's about all I care about since that's my content.
    Shitty Pathfinder requirements
    A 'it's not titanforging' system that's defacto titanforging
    A system on par with corruption
    They add a .. I dunno, portal mount for 10m gold and then remove it in 10.0

Oh, if the continents in shadowlands are disconnected and I have to run to a portal dude and teleport to a hub then take another portal to get to another continent. We discussed it in this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...onnected-Zones
    i forgot about the new level 60 cap... could be fun but... oooo boy bucket your seatbelt....

Using Legion as template without having the same Power upgrades that Legion had.

I don't expect them to make character progression fun again, that train left town when Ion said they're pretty happy with the corruption system, so all you can hope for is that the gameplay carries the expansion like in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Imagine not realising that BFA was BETA for Shadowlands
    hold on there friend, what if... hear me out... what if BFA was - Alpha testing and Shadowlands is BETA testing... for the expansion AFTER shadowlands

Roadmap

Battle for Alphatesting
    BETAlands
    and then
    Rise of the PTR

Well - eventually Shadowlands will be the <current> expansion and one rule holds throughout the last 15 years.

The <current> expansion is always worse than <previous> expansion.

So - it will suck by being the current expansion, nothing more is required to bring out the complainers.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

it could suck for the same reasons current game does.. shit class design, rng, stupid almost mandatory grind, shit loot system even beyond rng, 95% of the game being too easy with 5% of the game being too hard comparatively(like the jump from heroic dungeons, normal(even heroic) raids to mythic is stupid.. and it's also worse because people get insane gear for pretty much doing nothing only to realise that they haven't learn anything and in mythic they will just suck
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2020-02-15 at 05:00 PM.

New abilities could paradoxaly make the game worst if they, for example, force people to play with totems and have to manage them. Same for retribution, who get back 2 spells that can be used in his main rotation. We don't know if they'll have a good impact on the gameplay yet.

We'll also have anima, which can be really frustrating if it's not done well.

We don't know what will replace titanforging.

Right now, I actually have hope. We'll see during the beta. I highly doubt they'll listen to feedback but at least we'll know if the game is good to buy or not.

Shouldn't this thread be titled "In what ways could Shadowlands actually be good?"

I'd be very disappointed if we had to wait 2+ years to get additional allied races customization options. I'd love to see more Void Elf skin tones introduced in Shadowlands. For a player like me who cares a great deal about how their character looks, this means a lot.

Also, I'd hate if Sylvanas lived. I hope either Alleria or Tyrande end her. She most definitely does not deserve any redemption arc whatsoever.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Imagine not even waiting for beta before you start complaining.

This is getting ridiculous.
    oh yeah, as if this cycle isn't gonna happen again: "It's not even beta yet, wait for beta" > "Beta has just started, wait for later beta releases" > "it's just beta, wait for release they'll fix shit" > "the expansion just got released, have patience they will fix things next patch" > "they'll fix things next expansion for sure" > "it's not even beta lmao"

In more ways than one.

AP grind continued
    No realm first lvl 60/professions etc achieve
    Flying on launch
    Corruption/Titanforging gearing
    More time gated content
    Lack luster PvP template pvp

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    ^

Actually doesnt matter what will Shadowlands be, ppl will find a way to say "boring & unfun"
    exactly, it could be best game ever and ppl would whine and complain... so fuck people

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    They've never "shoved SJW stuff" in our faces. You might perceive it as such because this expansion happens to focus on two characters who are female. But the part your fragile masculinity is missing, not surprisingly, is the fact that both of these characters have been established since at least WarCraft III.

Exactly. And add the fact that they will also not allow Blizzard to try new things. Azerite traits, Corrupted Gear, etc. are all experiments. What is one of the first rules of experimentation.... THEY CAN FAIL. And rather than saying "You know Blizzard, this really is not working for us. You gave it a good shot but let's leave this system in BfA and try something else." they went into full Karen-mode.

I just hope it doesnt become WoD 3.0