Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are there any good mmos left that aren't weebshit?

I know the title sounds like bait, but i'm completely serious here. I mean, just off the top of my head:

WoW = simply isn't good at the moment
    ESO = "okay" for all intents and purposes
    SWTOR = has no right to call itself an mmo
    Guild Wars 2 = while not weebshit per se, still entirely too clean and heroic in looks and presentation (honorary weebshit)
    Blade and Soul = weebshit
    Astelia = weebshit
    Tera = weebshit
    Final Fantasy = weebshit
    Black Desert = weebshit
    Nostale = weebshit
    Aion = weebshit
    Archeage = weebshit
    PSO2 = weebshit
    Crimson Desert = weebshit

I am, of course, looking for a classic mmorpg experience. Top down and isometric games, and the likes of EVE, need not apply. In a perfect world, someone would reboot Warhammer Online similar to a realm reborn, but i sadly don't think that's ever going to happen.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is bait

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I am, of course, looking for a classic mmorpg experience. Top down and isometric games, and the likes of EVE, need not apply. In a perfect world, someone would reboot Warhammer Online similar to a realm reborn, but i sadly don't think that's ever going to happen.
    You may be interested in this then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    That is bait
    Its funny that people have deluded themselves into thinking western games aren't just as weeby at this point as eastern games.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I know the title sounds like bait, but i'm completely serious here. I mean, just off the top of my head:

Guild Wars 2 = while not weebshit per se, still entirely too clean and heroic in looks and presentation (honorary weebshit)
    Astelia = weebshit
    Tera = weebshit
    Final Fantasy = weebshit
    Black Desert = weebshit
    Nostale = weebshit
    Aion = weebshit
    Archeage = weebshit
    PSO2 = weebshit

You are aware most of the games listed are Korean, right?

That is, by definition, not weebshit, as weeb is specifically Japanese.

And, I'm sorry, did you say that GW2 because it "looks clean" is weebshit?

Does the game have to be super grimy before you even look at it?

Go back to Ragnorok Online or OSRS.
    Last edited by jzhbee; 2020-02-29 at 10:05 PM.

Imagine thinking Korean is "weebshit".

A "weeb" is someone who wishes they where Japanese but aren't. Way to lose all meaning of the insult you want to throw out buddy.

There is only 2 Japanese games on your list but somehow 9 of them are "weebshit".

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    You are aware most of the games listed are Korean, right?

That is, by definition, not weebshit, as weeb is specifically Japanese.

And, I'm sorry, did you say that GW2 because it "looks clean" is weebshit?

Does the game have to be super grimy before you even look at it?

Go back to Ragnorok Online or OSRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine thinking Korean is "weebshit".

A "weeb" is someone who wishes they where Japanese but aren't. Way to lose all meaning of the insult you want to throw out buddy.

There is only 2 Japanese games on your list but somehow 9 of them are "weebshit".
    They're all trying to sell the same aesthetic. There is no functional difference between a japanese mmo and a korean mmo, so they're all weebshit. Super clean and heroic aesthetic, adult characters that look like teenagers (or even worse, little children), retarded cuteshit uwu races like the lalafell, some sort of cute flying companion race like the mooglings or whatever they're called, absolute shit tier UIs. And no, it doesn't have to be super grimy. I visually like WoW. I visually like ESO, and SWTOR. "Normal" looking games, as far as the grime aspect goes.

They're all trying to sell the same aesthetic. There is no functional difference between a japanese mmo and a korean mmo, so they're all weebshit. Super clean and heroic aesthetic, adult characters that look like teenagers (or even worse, little children), retarded cuteshit uwu races like the lalafell, some sort of cute flying companion race like the mooglings or whatever they're called, absolute shit tier UIs. And no, it doesn't have to be super grimy. I visually like WoW. I visually like ESO, and SWTOR. "Normal" looking games, as far as the grime aspect goes.
    "Functional difference"
    -proceeds to mention purely aesthetic issues

Listen man, I get it, we're falling for your bait. It doesn't stop being bait because you specifically said it wasn't.

OP relates to me on a spiritual level.

Astelia = weebshit
    Tera = weebshit
    Final Fantasy = weebshit
    Black Desert = weebshit
    Nostale = weebshit
    Aion = weebshit
    Archeage = weebshit
    PSO2 = weebshit

Definitely understand what you mean by this. I always desired another solid MMO outside of WoW that had great depth that didn't have the oriental aesthetic and the forward tilted running animation. I think our best bet would be to wait for Ashes of Creation. The guys over there seem to be all about the classic MMO experience.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

There is no functional difference between a japanese mmo and a korean mmo
    Blade and Soul functions the same as XIV, heard it right here from this expert who classifies both as "weebshit".

"Functional difference"
    -proceeds to mention purely aesthetic issues

Listen man, I get it, we're falling for your bait. It doesn't stop being bait because you specifically said it wasn't.
    Instead of accusing me of baiting, you could also stop being pedantic when you understand good and well what i mean. English is not my first language, sue me.

The only game suitable for your maturity level is hello kitty island adventures.

5+ Year Old Account
    Instead of accusing me of baiting, you could also stop being pedantic when you understand good and well what i mean. English is not my first language, sue me.
    You're still wrong you weirdo.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Definitely understand what you mean by this. I always desired another solid MMO outside of WoW that had great depth that didn't have the oriental aesthetic and the forward tilted running animation. I think our best bet would be to wait for Ashes of Creation. The guys over there seem to be all about the classic MMO experience.
    I would take a step back and look at the Ashes development before supporting it or anything.
    They did the weird meme where they decided to make a battle royale with the funds that were supposed to go towards the creation of the full game.

Same goes for Camelot:Unchained.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not pedantic if you're not going to clarify your point. You don't like the "Oriental" aesthetic, which is not present in GW2, yet is somehow "weebshit".
    Moogles are relatively minor part of XIV.
    I'm not going to defend literally any Korean game on that list, because they're all grindy messes. But you can't expect anyone reading this thread to understand what you want in a game, because you're not even consistent enough in what you don't want in a game.

So yeah, this post is bait. And I won't believe it's not until you can accurately explain what you want, rather than what you don't.

And your OP stating "I am, of course, looking for a classic mmorpg experience. Top down and isometric games need not apply" only explains that you know nothing about what a classic MMORPG experience even is, as they derived from MUDs, which were all top-down games, if not outright text based.
    Last edited by jzhbee; 2020-02-29 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    You can try Wakfu
    For what it's worth, he specifically asked for non-isometric or top-down games.

I would take a step back and look at the Ashes development before supporting it or anything.
    They did the weird meme where they decided to make a battle royale with the funds that were supposed to go towards the creation of the full game.

Same goes for Camelot:Unchained.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not pedantic if you're not going to clarify your point. You don't like the "Oriental" aesthetic, which is not present in GW2, yet is somehow "weebshit".
    Moogles are relatively minor part of XIV.
    I'm not going to defend literally any Korean game on that list, because they're all grindy messes. But you can't expect anyone reading this thread to understand what you want in a game, because you're not even consistent enough in what you don't want in a game.

So yeah, this post is bait. And I won't believe it's not until you can accurately explain what you want, rather than what you don't.

And your OP stating "I am, of course, looking for a classic mmorpg experience. Top down and isometric games need not apply" only explains that you know nothing about what a classic MMORPG experience even is, as they derived from MUDs, which were all top-down games, if not outright text based.
    I want a technically well made and fun to play mmorpg with a western, "unpolished" aesthetic, in which characters look their age, armor looks the same on females as on males, and in which you don't have the option to play as a race that would be considered a pet in most other games. Which is why Guild Wars is on that list: shiny and silly armor, bare midriffs, and unneccesary cleavage are abundant in that game.

I want a technically well made and fun to play mmorpg with a western, "unpolished" aesthetic, in which characters look their age, armor looks the same on females as on males, and in which you don't have the option to play as a race that would be considered a pet in most other games. Which is why Guild Wars is on that list: shiny and silly armor, bare midriffs, and unneccesary cleavage are abundant in that game.
    ...Alright, but of the ones you listed, only one that I've seen doesn't change the way armor fits gendered models, and that's ESO.

Trust me, I've been searching for MMOs for years. Outside the big ones, the genre's dead. So if you don't like WoW, you don't like ESO, you don't like XIV, you don't like GW2, you either have to compromise or wait for New World, Amazon's new MMO, because the only markets in which these games are thriving are the Korean and Japanese markets.

Even WoW, the cornerstone Western MMO, does it.
    Last edited by jzhbee; 2020-02-29 at 10:50 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    shiny and silly armor, bare midriffs, and unneccesary cleavage are abundant in that game.
    OP wants a good mmorpg without an ounce of the most common fanservice

Good fucking luck