Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I think a lot of changes were made in an attempt to attract a audience that was never really interested in wow o start with. I always like wondering what would of happened if wow stayed closer to its tbc design. I'm sure it would have problems but I think they would be different ones at least.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Tident View Post
    I think a lot of changes were made in an attempt to attract a audience that was never really interested in wow o start with. I always like wondering what would of happened if wow stayed closer to its tbc design. I'm sure it would have problems but I think they would be different ones at least.
    Most changes were implemented based on the feedback received from previous expac, or based on their own observations (through player retention programs, exit polls, CM forum feedback etc), so I'm not sure if it would actually be much better or different. There's a reason they didn't stay with that design. The feedback they received prompted a change.

The biggest problems they've had is their 180 degree swings - pugging in TBC took time and heroics were hard - the response was to make everything a complete faceroll in Wrath. I think most of the changes they've implemented over the years would have probably gone down better if they'd been done with a bit more moderation.

This has to do with their waterfall development method - their change cycles are measured in years instead of months. The feedback they're responding to with major releases is two years old. That builds the "Blizzard doesn't listen" mentality. If they had adopted more agile change/develpment methodology early, many of the huge sweeping changes in x.0 major releases probably wouldn't have been that controversial.

I’d like:
    More Fantasy, i.e more flaming swords and less laserbeams.
    At least 50% Bis items (deterministic rewards).
    Flying at Max lvl from the get go.
    Dungeons & raids where a mage has to sheep or a rogue stun or a hunter or lock kite.
    Well there is more ofc, but I’ll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurrelurre View Post
    I’d like:
    More Fantasy, i.e more flaming swords and less laserbeams.
    At least 50% Bis items (deterministic rewards).
    Flying at Max lvl from the get go.
    Dungeons & raids where a mage has to sheep or a rogue stun or a hunter or lock kite.
    Well there is more ofc, but I’ll stop there.
    you're reading my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    This has to do with their waterfall development method - their change cycles are measured in years instead of months. The feedback they're responding to with major releases is two years old. That builds the "Blizzard doesn't listen" mentality. If they had adopted more agile change/develpment methodology early, many of the huge sweeping changes in x.0 major releases probably wouldn't have been that controversial.
    Yep, that thing right here is the issue.