5+ Year Old Account

New computer - Question about graphic card

Hi all, almost 6-8 months ago I stopped playing World of Warcraft and started to sell my PC in parts. For some reason I decided not to sell my 1070TI. Last week I started to buy parts and this is what I got:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
    Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi Motherboard
    RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
    SSD: Western Digital SN750 M.2 500 GB PCI Express 3.0 Compatible con NVM Express (NVMe)

What I'm wondering about it's the graphic card. This build its ok for my card or I need to aim for a 2070 or 2080 graphic card?

To note, I plan to play mos of all World of Warcraft and from time to time LOL, Battlefield, Witcher, etc. And also stream from time to time too.

It's really up to you as to if you think you need more GPU power or not. 1070 is a solid card. All those new parts you listed are solid as well. Nothing on your list NEEDS anything more than a 1070, but if you can afford another $500, a 2070 would still be a sizable upgrade. Personally, I'm on a 5 year cycle for replacing whole computer, with a GPU replacement every 2-3 years. I tend to find GPUs are often the most bottle neck'd piece of my builds.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot Beepboo. I don't want to spend more atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering what you said you'd be doing, the CPU is pretty overkill..

But a 1070ti is fine for what you plan on doing

Quote Originally Posted by draugrbane View Post
    Hi all, almost 6-8 months ago I stopped playing World of Warcraft and started to sell my PC in parts. For some reason I decided not to sell my 1070TI. Last week I started to buy parts and this is what I got:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
    Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi Motherboard
    RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
    SSD: Western Digital SN750 M.2 500 GB PCI Express 3.0 Compatible con NVM Express (NVMe)

What I'm wondering about it's the graphic card. This build its ok for my card or I need to aim for a 2070 or 2080 graphic card?

To note, I plan to play mos of all World of Warcraft and from time to time LOL, Battlefield, Witcher, etc. And also stream from time to time too.
    No real reason to get x570 or a 3900x. Could get a decent price x470 Mobo and a 3600x or 3700x. I'd also go with 4x4gb ram then 2x8gb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    No real reason to get x570 or a 3900x. Could get a decent price x470 Mobo and a 3600x or 3700x. I'd also go with 4x4gb ram then 2x8gb.
    There is no benefit to 4x4 rather than 2x8 though.. Hell, since you can't upgrade or get the good memory dies, there are disadvantages to it

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    There is no benefit to 4x4 rather than 2x8 though.. Hell, since you can't upgrade or get the good memory dies, there are disadvantages to it
    Didn't think about that. I've been scoping out Samsung b dies for ram.

A 1070 would do you fine

15+ Year Old Account
    1070 till Big Navi or 3080 comes out.