Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,355
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I would expect a larger percentage of those types of transactions are today paid with WoW-Gold. Some of which is backed with cash, but not all of it.
    of course faction transfer isn't the most income to cash shop, it is still an income, and Bobby Kodick make even Scrouge himself feel like a charity activist (to be fair, most of CEO from USA give that impression)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  2. #62
    High Overlord LuckyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    North-rhine-westphalia
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard has repeatedly mentioned that faction population is nearly dead even across all realms. Why should they merge factions to fix an issue which affects the top .01% of players? (And isn't even that big of a deal since you can faction transfer anyway.) This is the very definition of a non-issue.
    I think you underestimate the problem, as time goes on this will and already has trickled down to more casual mythic guilds or heroic guilds, who wants to invest raiding into a dead faction right? same for keystones.

    I'd actually say that in a few years from now Blizzard is forced to do cross faction pve.
    Would be great if we could have it a bit earlier and not when the community and guilds already have withered and died off.
    Last edited by LuckyOne; 2020-02-21 at 09:30 AM.

  3. #63
    Pit Lord Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,485
    It's kinda too late. Many top Alliance guilds on my server have already gone Horde, many friends followed others in the Hkrde because of that. It's a cycle. One of those guilds I was in when they were Alliance are World 15 right now. Alliance is slowly dying and Blizzard hasn't done anything since the problem rose.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    They let the problem go unchecked for too long to the point it compounded on itself after so many years to the point it's pretty much unable to be fixed.

    "But there was / is no bias in racials people just totally chose their factions off cosmetic choices!"

    The racial traits system needs to be removed from the game or relegated to cosmetic or out of combat abilities only.
    - There's a reason that so many top PvP arena players are Humans.
    - There's a reason so many top end PvE players are Trolls or Blood Elves.


    At this point, the only way to get back to having an even split between the factions at the high end of game play is a choice between literally forcing factions upon people, over adjusting racials so Alliance racial traits become overpowered, or extremely incentivizing (not just trivial incentives like the extra warmode buff) for the Alliance players.

    That aside, I don't think they care about the player balance, and will continue to just churn out mediocre expansions as long as people still play their game.

    They had the perfect chance to do so in Shadowlands, but they balked. Factions could have been merged after the war and we could have moved into a new era of WoW where we moved to racial tensions and selections like picking a covenant or Aldor / Scryer for our conflicts between each other when it comes to PvP. For PvE, we could have all played together to "fight the big bad" since we essentially team up and do that anyway every single time a big bad crops up.
    removing everything that is slightly unbalance from the game will only make this game even more bland and boring. its what they did with the abilities and spells of classes and look how stupid and repetitive they are now. stop asking for stuffs to get removed for the sake of balance, they can always add things to the unbalanced side of things. the only game that is balance is the game where everything is a copy paste of everything else, is that what you want?

  5. #65
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,155
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    of course faction transfer isn't the most income to cash shop, it is still an income, and Bobby Kodick make even Scrouge himself feel like a charity activist (to be fair, most of CEO from USA give that impression)
    Making money from faction transfers vs losing money from people saying "screw that, I'm quiting", which might make even more people cancel subscription. I doubt this is as obviously financially motivated as some people believe and it's more of "core design philosophy shift" issue, combined with this being harder to implement than mercenary mode. Would it include outdoor content for world bosses, rares and the like? Visions/Torghast? Dungeons and Raids? Pet battles? It's more complex than "just battlegrounds".

    'Course, the next expansion seems like a perfect point to do just that, seeing how lorewwise we're split into different factions than Horde and Alliance. But maybe they decided that level squish will already mess things up and adding cross faction play on top of that would break the game in half.

    Too bad Ion plays Horde, maybe he'd be complaining more to his bosses if he couldn't do Cutting Edge each tier as Alliance.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    They let the problem go unchecked for too long to the point it compounded on itself after so many years to the point it's pretty much unable to be fixed.

    "But there was / is no bias in racials people just totally chose their factions off cosmetic choices!"

    The racial traits system needs to be removed from the game or relegated to cosmetic or out of combat abilities only.
    - There's a reason that so many top PvP arena players are Humans.
    - There's a reason so many top end PvE players are Trolls or Blood Elves.


    At this point, the only way to get back to having an even split between the factions at the high end of game play is a choice between literally forcing factions upon people, over adjusting racials so Alliance racial traits become overpowered, or extremely incentivizing (not just trivial incentives like the extra warmode buff) for the Alliance players.

    That aside, I don't think they care about the player balance, and will continue to just churn out mediocre expansions as long as people still play their game.

    They had the perfect chance to do so in Shadowlands, but they balked. Factions could have been merged after the war and we could have moved into a new era of WoW where we moved to racial tensions and selections like picking a covenant or Aldor / Scryer for our conflicts between each other when it comes to PvP. For PvE, we could have all played together to "fight the big bad" since we essentially team up and do that anyway every single time a big bad crops up.
    It’s not a racials matter in the slightest. Non top guilds which don’t compete for “something first” (95+% of the player base), be it PvE or PvP, will simply play the toon they want to play anyways.

    No one cares about alliance anymore, it’s as simple as that.

  7. #67
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s not a racials matter in the slightest. Non top guilds which don’t compete for “something first” (95+% of the player base), be it PvE or PvP, will simply play the toon they want to play anyways.

    No one cares about alliance anymore, it’s as simple as that.
    What? Are you serious? Even if the OPs numbers are right about the top 1000, that’s 1/5 of the top 1% that are still playing alliance. Even if that number is 1/5 of the entire faction, that’s still enough to not be “no one cares”. Going by that stupid AF logic, the world doesn’t care about WoW, because less than 1/5 of the worlds gaming population doesn’t play WoW (even at its peak).

    Personally me, I would rather not play than play horde. Every RPG, every MMO, I pick human. My end game is transmog (one of my main reasons to mythic raid) and I can’t think of any plate armour that looks good on anything other than human.

  8. #68
    They need to balance racials and it will be 50/50 soon. If horde is 20%+ more powerful its not fair.

  9. #69
    A simple solution,
    you want to play highed pvp? play alliance, you want to play highend pve? play horde.
    so was it the last 8? years and it will stay that way, except if blizz overbuffing something crazy like 3% overall dps over the rasicals now.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-21 at 11:06 AM.
    BFA Season 3


  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    A simple solution,
    you want to play highed pvp? play alliance, you want to play highend pve? play horde.
    so was it the last 8? years and it will stay that way, except if blizz overbuffing something crazy like 3% overall dps over the rasicals now.
    Except you're wrong, because Alliance was perfectly capable of doing highend pve, even if it was somewhat behind horde. Nowadays? We won't even fill hall of fame, which means we won't get cross server Nyalotha. Even despite the fact that it will be a long, long patch. If you don't see the problem with that...Or if you think the solution is "just go horde"...then I don't know what to tell you.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Except you're wrong, because Alliance was perfectly capable of doing highend pve, even if it was somewhat behind horde. Nowadays? We won't even fill hall of fame, which means we won't get cross server Nyalotha. Even despite the fact that it will be a long, long patch. If you don't see the problem with that...Or if you think the solution is "just go horde"...then I don't know what to tell you.
    like it or not its the only solution you have unless blizz overbuffs alliance and we good palyers are forced to switch.
    The raiding community all play horde with few exceptions and we all know each other in the top 50 area because everyone has played with somebody at some piont, that makes recuting a lot easier.
    BFA Season 3


  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Yet no chance for faction merges as said in last blizzcon.
    We don't need faction merges. We need alliance races that doesn't look like shit and with some awesome racials.

  13. #73
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,355
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Making money from faction transfers vs losing money from people saying "screw that, I'm quiting", which might make even more people cancel subscription.
    u underestimate how much ppl are addicted to wow
    i admit i'm addicted myself, also i don't play in BFA except 1 month, but i don't see myself stop playing wow, heck i subbed the second i saw Legion trailer for 6 months in wow, and Legion was 8 months away -.- (6 months of wod yay, i didn't even log last 3 weeks*
    Last edited by sam86; 2020-02-21 at 01:58 PM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    What? Are you serious? Even if the OPs numbers are right about the top 1000, that’s 1/5 of the top 1% that are still playing alliance. Even if that number is 1/5 of the entire faction, that’s still enough to not be “no one cares”. Going by that stupid AF logic, the world doesn’t care about WoW, because less than 1/5 of the worlds gaming population doesn’t play WoW (even at its peak).

    Personally me, I would rather not play than play horde. Every RPG, every MMO, I pick human. My end game is transmog (one of my main reasons to mythic raid) and I can’t think of any plate armour that looks good on anything other than human.
    I am not saying I don’t care about allies going to vanish, I am saying that they are not vanishing because of racials.

    The faction and the races lost most of their appeal during the years (they never had any for me since I’m horde since the first Warcraft rts but this is another story).

  15. #75
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    A simple solution,
    you want to play highed pvp? play alliance, you want to play highend pve? play horde.
    so was it the last 8? years and it will stay that way, except if blizz overbuffing something crazy like 3% overall dps over the rasicals now.
    pvp still need pve gear, and for every 1502 wow player who plays, 1 only focus purely on pvp and rest are either mix pve/pvp or pure pvp
    check tournaments, even famous horde guilds in tournaments use alliance toons, but in wow itself, they still play horde to get their gear (at least that was accurate during WoD era, the only time i followed every pvp tournament)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    It's kinda too late. Many top Alliance guilds on my server have already gone Horde, many friends followed others in the Hkrde because of that. It's a cycle. One of those guilds I was in when they were Alliance are World 15 right now. Alliance is slowly dying and Blizzard hasn't done anything since the problem rose.
    When Ensidia moved to Tarren mill it wiped out the alliane population, whatever alliance was left after that slowly crumbled as REM, then method was on tarren mill.

    If i had to pay for a faction change because of horde dominance why shouldn't every other alliance player in the world?!

    At this point we should do it to troll blizzard, just have 99% of players as horde so their whole game concept is broken and nothing makes sense.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I have a tauren shaman and a orc warrior already. but i wanna move my demon hunter main over to horde, cuz i mainly pug M+ and the groups on alliance are just...PAINNNNFULLLLLLLL
    Can't agree with this more, I play both factions and it's painful to see how bad the alliance pugs are in comparison, I have seen some crazy shit when doing mythic+ on alliance.

  18. #78
    Mythic raiding is just one layer of this problem and not the most important one. What's much more impactful is LFG being empty on EU-alliance side. There is sometimes even no group for a world boss. Filling a group for 15+ in a morning can take an hour even if you don't care about setup and only try to find people with some experience. There are no more than 3 heroic raids forming in weekends prime hour. People get tired and transfer to horde, their friends follow them to horde, and the process is becoming faster and faster over time.

  19. #79
    High Overlord LuckyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    North-rhine-westphalia
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    A simple solution,
    you want to play highed pvp? play alliance, you want to play highend pve? play horde.
    so was it the last 8? years and it will stay that way, except if blizz overbuffing something crazy like 3% overall dps over the rasicals now.
    You do know there are also more highend horde pvp players?
    This is not wod or pre wod.

  20. #80
    ITT: people who don't understand how strong shadowmeld and humans in general are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •