Thread: same problem

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

same problem

hi all..I still have the same problem. Every time I want to create a new character, the names I try to choose are not available ... a solution is necessary, and they are not the random name generators, it is necessary to start using the battletag, to that everyone can use the name they want for their character.
    I can not create a character without a good name that I like ... either paladin, picaro or dk .... for me it is a big problem, because I always have to be thinking and thinking of good names and most are not available.an headache...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, such is the problem of a game that is running for 15years, lots of names are taken.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's on a first come - first serve basis. Just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I can not create a character without a good name that I like ... either paladin, picaro or dk .... for me it is a big problem, because I always have to be thinking and thinking of good names and most are not available.an headache...
    You are not creative enough. Like det mentioned, Legolas is not very imaginative. Neither is Warlocki or Priesty. Go wide. Find new places of inspiration. Adapt. And win.

There is a small problem to be had with targeting the right character to send mail to - although, this could be fixed by having all of one's characters sharing one mailbox.

I'd definitely like the ability to just go by my btag in-game. I think it may help people make friendships in the game, too, if people see the same btag around for people who have a lot of characters. And as long as it's an option, people can opt out if it personally presents a problem for them.

Stop using generic names that everyone uses and you'll be fine.

Time to purge the name pool, you havent used it in a yr you should lose it.

I think a lore appropriate name generator and surnames would be quite good, like Final Fantasy 14 has them. I mean, I really love the fact there, that the name generator isn't just spitting up some bullshit random names there, but an appropriate name for every race conforming to cultural conventions of each race and each tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    they do this with inactive/banned chars in a 4 year range i asked a CM 5 or so months ago (Wod names are free to use in shadowlands and so on)
    I.O BFA Season 3

Can't say I have really had an issue, but if I use a name that I didn't think of first it tends to be from more obscure 80s cartoons or some lesser known scifi, or even different spelling like my void elf warlock named Luficer, maybe add an extra letter so its Saarevok instead of Sarevok, sometimes you just need to be a little more creative.

The current system of names being locked if the account has been active in the last 2 expansions is a bit restrictive. More so since the free 7 days they give people trying to bait them back each expansion resets that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The thing that annoys me is that people snatch awesome names and put them on random level 1's and never touch them again. They still active on their mains, so they will never, ever, get cleared..

10+ Year Old Account
    hi all..I still have the same problem. Every time I want to create a new character, the names I try to choose are not available ... a solution is necessary, and they are not the random name generators, it is necessary to start using the battletag, to that everyone can use the name they want for their character.
    The 'solution' already exists... You are going to have to be more creative, thats your solution... and if the folks that want servers merged succeed... well.. you'll have to get even MORE creative.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

They're already removing names from accounts that haven't been logged for 2 expacs... Stop crying and be a bit more original with your names, every time I see another Bowjob, Frostitute or Skillidan I cringe irl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The 'solution' already exists... You are going to have to be more creative, thats your solution... and if the folks that want servers merged succeed... well.. you'll have to get even MORE creative.
    It doesn't matter if the servers are merged or not because how it works in WOW is you can have the same name on both connected servers, for example you can have Legolas-Tarren Mill and Legolas-Dentarg and it doesn't conflict with each other (example from EU server pool).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    They're already removing names from accounts that haven't been logged for 2 expacs... Stop crying and be a bit more original with your names, every time I see another Bowjob, Frostitute or Skillidan I cringe irl.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter if the servers are merged or not because how it works in WOW is you can have the same name on both connected servers, for example you can have Legolas-Tarren Mill and Legolas-Dentarg and it doesn't conflict with each other (example from EU server pool).
    Fair enough, that still doesn't negate the need for the character creator to come up with an original name, which they apparently haven't been successful at.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Accounts that have been inactive for, IIRC, two expansions have their names released. If the person has an active subscription then the name is theirs. Period.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    here you go https://www.alt-codes.net/ try using some of those. if you use it on later letters in the name it makes it easier when sending mail

it is necessary to start using the battletag
    I suggested this at one point, people weren't fond of it lol. Since people like to cry about their privacy being invaded because they set their battletag as their real name Blizz would have to do something like a global name you can assign to your account.

After my like 30th or 40th character I got tired of choosing names and I don't like silly names like Rubmytotems or Sapntap. So now whenever I make a new character I just go on a baby name site and go through the list until I find one that's not taken. Now all my newer characters are stuff like Frank, Gregory, Andrei, etc.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-02-23 at 05:54 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Think of a concept that exemplifies your character. Now go to google and type in thesaurus and use that tool to make a name that means the same thing using different words.

First thing I do when I am gonna name a new character I look at my desk to see if I find something funny to play around with for a name. Next is class/spec dependant names based on normal names, could be from known people or just names in general. A frost mage named Jodiefroster for example