Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Source

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/o...raft/all/all/1

They are hiring in several KEYPOSITIONS right now and It made me quite qurious whats going on.

Is there a merge for Classic and Retail upcoming? Is the timetraveling in Shadowlands opening up later on in patches and we will see a full merge and zone picking like we will have 1-50?

Brand new type of game?
    To late for Shadowlands, and I don't expect a merge of Classic and Retail, but this would be the right time to hire if they are looking to do more serious work with the expansion after Shadowlands.

One of the positions is explicitly listed for Classic, and I would guess that one is to support BC servers.

Source

They are hiring in several KEYPOSITIONS right now and It made me quite qurious whats going on.

Is there a merge for Classic and Retail upcoming? Is the timetraveling in Shadowlands opening up later on in patches and we will see a full merge and zone picking like we will have 1-50?

Brand new type of game?
    I don't think you understand your own source or context of your own post.

As many folks have mentioned, hiring a few people, when you employ hundreds, is not a big deal at all. There are plenty of projects going on, they already know the next expac after SL, as well as the idea for the one after that.

How are posts like this even allowed? Next level idiotic threads. Christ.

If you look at job postings at any time they sort of look like this. Nothing special here.

Blizzard is known for doing this very often, they remove people or they leave by themselves due to its below industry standards of pay. They exploit the fact they have a known reputation and offer less money for work citing it's a privilege and will look good on future resumes. The fact we lost a few competent community managers over it and them suddenly rehiring withing a week for some of them with less pay and more responsibilities shows that they think of their employees in the lower rung as disposable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Why shouldn't there a reason, i would reckon Blizzard has leapfrogging teams for expansions where you have a team on the current expansion, the next expansion and the expansion thereafter (and possible even further along the road).

I see why this would be a sign of ppl quitting because they "don't approve", it is possible, but there are a lot more reasons why companies would be hiring.
    yes there are plenty reason for job hiring! But this has not happened before (Afaik). That is why i am a bit concerned about this development.

Why shouldn't there a reason, i would reckon Blizzard has leapfrogging teams for expansions where you have a team on the current expansion, the next expansion and the expansion thereafter (and possible even further along the road).

I see why this would be a sign of ppl quitting because they "don't approve", it is possible, but there are a lot more reasons why companies would be hiring.
    Yeah, no. They are hiring programmers and some designers, but I don't think they would have a full team including programmers already working on the next expansion, it just doesn't make sense at this stage when they don't even know what they will want to do gameplay wise to fix whatever mess they're going to create with shadowlands.

There's a natural progression over time in which competencies you need on a game, where concept artists for instance are needed from the very beginning of a project but are also finished before almost everyone else, whereas gameplay/ui programmers tend to start working on the project later on but to stay until it's launched to fix bugs.

It's more likely that concept artists, writers and some core designers move onto the next expansion pack first (to define what it will be and its setting, pulling characters/awful lore out of their asses and so on), then environment/character artists (while the concept artists move onto the next thing ie the content patches), and then only after a certain point they start moving the programmers / designers from the live game to the expansion pack. And the character artists / env artists / animators also probably move to the first content patch before launch while programmers stay and focus on bug fixing.

3+ Year Old Account
    OP dropped this narrative made out of thin air and bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    I think you need to consider the fact that they're not hiring for Shadowlands, but for what's after the release of the expansion.

Be aware that it's easy to assume things, but no company will hire individuals who didn't have any prior experience on their games and make them work on something that will ship in a few months.
    Not necessarily. They might but it will be small and non-consequential things like “type this quest text out” or type up the credits. A new hire will do all sorts of stuff but nothing that will have an impact if they mess it up. I work as a dev for an identity management company and new people get put on all sorts of major projects just before release but a lot of that is documentation writing etc. nothing that will break a project

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    You new here?
    *looks at join date*
    Checks out
    You've made no actual point but so good on you.

Companies have regular attrition. People move wtihin the company, quit, or die. Welcome to the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you look at job postings at any time they sort of look like this. Nothing special here.
    Yes, there are always a number of job postings up on the Blizzard site. Part of that is that if someone wants to submit a resume and they appear to be someone they can use they want to see it. This entire thread is basically about business as usual.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

There will never be a shortage of tinfoil hats, that is for sure.

Source

Brand new type of game?
    Key positions traditionally means nothing. It's adspeak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

mm, we can only hope you are right and they have this "leapfrogg" devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source

Brand new type of game?
    WoW dude you sky rocket conspiracy limit line. Merge both into what? Timewalking style but for world not just dungeons? No way. Classic is classic, retail is retail period.

I wouldn't say that these people are to work on Shadowlands development and that it's proof it's doomed. But it definitely doesn't look good in a PR way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    You've made no actual point but so good on you.
    It's called sarcasm. Smart people can read the point out of it.
    (btw the second sentence is a sarcasm too, lets see if you find the point this time)

Late ? they are probably already working on 10.0 on the side of shadowlands, its never to late

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I wouldn't say that these people are to work on Shadowlands development and that it's proof it's doomed. But it definitely doesn't look good in a PR way.
    please give a bit more insight on this. I would love to hear the reasoning for this insanely moronic statement

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    please give a bit more insight on this. I would love to hear the reasoning for this insanely moronic statement
    I dunno what to say to someone who doesn't raise an eyebrow when it comes to hiring his volume of people. Especially having in mind the quality of their products as of late.

I hope Blizzard sees this though, bro.

Players: Devs suck. They need new ones.
    Blizzard try to hire new ones.
    Players:OMG Blizzard is in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro