Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't think it's too complicated. Of course when you reach the Shadowlands everyone wants to give you a job. Someone must be doing something someone else does not like and this is where the player comes in and the murder quests pile up. If I were to guess it's either some creatures coming from that creepy tower or someone with a different opinion to be quite honest, which can mean part of the faction itself.

They're at war with shampo and deodorant.

Its an army for the sake of army, a place where they dump all killers that are not selfless or total pieces of shit. Notice that there is a trend here for the rest of the zones. If there were good writers at Blizzard, I would speculate that this is intentional and this was not the original state of the Shadowlands. Alas...
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2020-02-27 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I know it would make some people go Reeeeeee but I kind of want to see a Void vs Light expansion where the two factions are refered to as Voidthings and Lightstuffs in game.

As for pocket dimensions, Bwonsamdi has one for sure, but we also know Helya has one, we went there.
    I can see dwarves use such nomenclature.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands can be attacked by Legion, Void or Light that use souls for their dark purposes. Remember that Nathrezim were in Shadowlands once.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

But the shadow lands are a realm tied to azeroth right? Draenor, argus, the rest of the universe - no relation...right?;

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    But the shadow lands are a realm tied to azeroth right? Draenor, argus, the rest of the universe - no relation...right?;
    No, I think they said that the Shadowlands is the afterlife of everywhere, which is why there's infinite realms of death in the Shadowlands. We only visit a few of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I can see dwarves use such nomenclature.
    Excuse you? Nonsense. Us dwarves have a rich and beautiful language.

Titans are Makers. 'Cuz they make things.
    Naaru or whatchamacallit? Those are Chimey-Shineys. Chimes fer short.
    Creatures of the Void are Emptylads.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    No, I think they said that the Shadowlands is the afterlife of everywhere, which is why there's infinite realms of death in the Shadowlands. We only visit a few of them.
    So...void creatures and demons included?!
    Edit: its for mortal souls, nevermind.
    Last edited by fathom81; 2020-02-27 at 03:29 PM.

Anyone else worried Shadowlands will be a shitshow on lore?

Hmmm yeah shadowlands is where souls go to. But what about light? Oh lolz we forgot about that, yup theres a heaven with Naarus flying around. But what about Elune? Oh lolz we forgot about that, yup theres a heaven for moon-lovers. But what about Malfurion, Ysera and the dream? Oh lolz we forgot about that, yup druids souls go to the dream. But what about the void? Space goats? Demons? Derek Proudmore? Calia Menethil? Wandering souls of ghosts that are fucking everywhere?

WoW is like Dragon Ball. Theres always another most powerfull being in the universe that no one else knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Anyone else worried Shadowlands will be a shitshow on lore?

Hmmm yeah shadowlands is where souls go to. But what about light? Oh lolz we forgot about that, yup theres a heaven with Naarus flying around. But what about Elune? Oh lolz we forgot about that, yup theres a heaven for moon-lovers. But what about Malfurion, Ysera and the dream? Oh lolz we forgot about that, yup druids souls go to the dream. But what about the void? Space goats? Demons? Derek Proudmore? Calia Menethil? Wandering souls of ghosts that are fucking everywhere?

WoW is like Dragon Ball. Theres always another most powerfull being in the universe that no one else knew about.
    I do think they addressed the dream thing quite neatly with Ardenweald. And what's so absurd about there being infinite realms within the Shadowlands? It's for all mortal souls, there have to be lots of realms for everything they can imagine their afterlife to be. And just because the Naaru take you to an afterlife that is filled with light, hope and joy, doesn't mean they take your soul outside reality itself into the realm of the Light. They just make you bypass the Arbiter and take you to the right realm in the afterlife directly.
    Lots of people here already theorized for a few years now that that's how it is anyway, one realm of death with different possible realms that fit all of the stories the different creatures and cultures tell.
    The place where the spirit healers reside is the 'funnel' that you go to before you pass over to the Shadowlands. Ghosts that we already saw 'being lost' and not finding the way to the afterlife come from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Excuse you? Nonsense. Us dwarves have a rich and beautiful language.

Titans are Makers. 'Cuz they make things.
    Naaru or whatchamacallit? Those are Chimey-Shineys. Chimes fer short.
    Creatures of the Void are Emptylads.
    This sounds even better.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I do think they addressed the dream thing quite neatly with Ardenweald. And what's so absurd about there being infinite realms within the Shadowlands? It's for all mortal souls, there have to be lots of realms for everything they can imagine their afterlife to be. And just because the Naaru take you to an afterlife that is filled with light, hope and joy, doesn't mean they take your soul outside reality itself into the realm of the Light. They just make you bypass the Arbiter and take you to the right realm in the afterlife directly.
    Lots of people here already theorized for a few years now that that's how it is anyway, one realm of death with different possible realms that fit all of the stories the different creatures and cultures tell.
    The place where the spirit healers reside is the 'funnel' that you go to before you pass over to the Shadowlands. Ghosts that we already saw 'being lost' and not finding the way to the afterlife come from there.
    Anything that Blizzard does about "infinite" turns out to be really bad. Remember infinite Legion fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Anything that Blizzard does about "infinite" turns out to be really bad. Remember infinite Legion fiasco.
    Well, we are only being shown a few of those many realms in the Shadowlands and they don't need to come after us and try to kill us in infinite numbers, with infinite respawn. At least that way we can keep the 'infinite' purely in our heads and don't need to actually see it for it to seem like what we thought we'd get. ^^

Sylvanas is probably not the only dipshit trying to stirr something up in the shadowlands. Apparently the legion stole the helm of damnation from there, that in itself is an answer already. My issue is more with the fact that the army is represented by skeletons, abominations, fungi and plague, that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. To begin with all of these are physical manifestations of death and decay. Why would the afterlife military shape itself in such a dumb way? Bastion or the vamps would have made more sense theme wise for a military faction and the liches and other decaying undead would have better fitted a research theme like the forsaken had going for them. That the afterlife is physical in any sense is also pretty moronic in the first place. So many issues with that concept.

I think this just shows that they really had a hand full of ideas here and just forced them into something without thinking this through. I expect that to be the running them for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-02-28 at 07:28 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They're at war with shampo and deodorant.
    Makes me wonder what places like Revendreth or Ardenweald smell like
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maldraxxus is the Shadowlands' standing army. They don't have to be at war with anybody for that.
    I mean the fact that the Shadowlands has an army raises a lot of questions. Why does the afterlife need an army? How many factions against the afterlife can there really be? Unless Shadowlands is one of only many dimensions connected to the afterlife

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Makes me wonder what places like Revendreth or Ardenweald smell like
    Ardenweald smells like fae titties. Or shit if we consider that they have fur. It's not easy to wipe clean ass like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I mean the fact that the Shadowlands has an army raises a lot of questions. Why does the afterlife need an army? How many factions against the afterlife can there really be? Unless Shadowlands is one of only many dimensions connected to the afterlife
    The Light, the Void, Order, Disorder and Life.

The way Ion is talking about the zone itself. Might be a possible hint at a necromancer class in the future. Mentioned that they may appear evil/bad but aren't really unless they become corrupted. This zone could be the training ground for the future class.

As far as I understand, Shadowlands can't be directly linked to the christian concept of paradise/hell. It literally is afterlife. Blizzard does borrow many afterlife concepts from different religions. Your body is dead, but your soul has a new purpose. Depending on your previous deeds, you get judged and send to one of the region's in Shadowlands. You don't get just to rest or being tortured for eternity for your sins.

If you get thrown into the Maw-shredder. Your soul gets destroyed and the energy it contained (anima) used otherwise. Obviously only soul's that can't be redeemed are thrown in there.

Bastion (christian heaven inspired, but with much influence from their own Diablo franchise) - You get turned into one of those blue angel things. People who played the demo at Blizzcon, said there was one angel that had some dialogue, stating he was a Tauren before he died. So pretty much anybody worthy to become an angel can be turned into one. We don't know what purpose they fulfill besides some of them becoming Spirit Healers yet.

Ardenweald (hindu/shinto inspired, with some mix of celtic/pagan religion, basically what fantasy druidism is based on) - Soul's get there to be prepared for reincarnation. Again. Not much information about it available yet. We do know that beeings connected to nature, are much likely to end up there. But they might as well be reincarnated as a tree or a bug, for all that we know.

Maldraxxus (it has much influence from old celtic religion, the way I see it, it's not much different from Odin's Einherjer, but more creepy, military themed and brutal I guess. Sounds like the perfect heaven for Orc's if you ask me.) - To me it seems, that not wicked souls are send there, but rather unresting spirits. Draka suppose to be there, but it's not like she was evil. Those who prove themselves (or maybe accept the fact that they are dead), become part of the Shadowlands military.

Venthyr (this sounds like a mix of purgatory and hell from christian religion, but similar concepts exist in others too) - You get thrown in there if you were a bad person, yet not as much as they would throw you into that big Maw-shredder already. It's basically your last chance. The vampire people torture you, to make you redeem yourself. You get reassigned to one of the other covenants after that. Or sparta-kicked into the Maw.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.