Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    My problem with the current raid has more to do with the systems than the raid itself, as they're ruining my enjoyment of the raid. For example, while clearing through on mythic I was curious why my damage output was so low after a few bosses, and it was because my corruptions were broken and not activating (even my passive ones). Relogged, nothing. Had to leave the instance, change my spec, and unequip and reequip my gear for corruptions to work again. While I'd like to say this is a rare occurrence, it happens to me quite often, as well as others in my raid (especially those that swap corrupted gear often). There's also the issue of some abilities getting locked out to where I can't use them, and I have to leave the raid and swap specs back and forth in order to use them (at least this bug is more rare). In essence, there are so many bloody bugs that persist to this day that completely overshadow my raiding experience that I can't even give an honest assessment of the raid by itself.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    You fight Vexiona alongside Alexstrasza and Kalecgos to get Rank 3 of the dragon scale essence.
    You work alongside Ra-Den during the questline to get the cape.
    You encounter Skitra when they trick you into bombing the wastewander bandits during the Aqir assault questline.
    You encounter Ilgynoth in the Emerald Nightmare raid.
    You encounter Wrathion throughout MoP and again during the cape questline.

I have not found any mention of Maut, Drest'agath, or Hivemind outside of the raid, though the first and third are very similar to some creatures in AQ, which suggests a link with the Qiraji.

The issue with Old God influence is that it is quite expansive, which leads to discordant connections. Similar to Cataclysm raids, we face a mixture of the bug races, cultists, dragons, and the like. Versus something like SoO where it's all orcs and goblins (aside from a devilsaur and spoils) once we leave Pandaria.
    I do get that we've seen them before. But that's not entirely what I meant with the disconnect. Wrathion and Ra'den for example are just illusions, not the actual characters. Il'gynoth was a random side boss in a previous raid with no story behind him, he was just there. Skitra and Vexiona are the only ones that have any real sembly of build-up as a boss.

Raden illusion, uwotm8?

I mean, good chunk of bosses have varying degrees of build-up, sometimes across expansions. Not sure what's the issue there, that we get token dogs, spiderbois and cultists as some bosses too? Yeah, that's gonna be a thing always, it's not like we are first name basis pals with every boss that inhabits raids ever. You will always have that Big Dog #57.

Ny'alotha is probably the worst end of expansion raid they have ever put out. That horrible mc mechanic on Il'gynoth ruins it and the rest of the raid with it. I have lost all motivation to even run Ny'alotha anymore thanks to this frustrating pos.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Ny'alotha is probably the worst end of expansion raid they have ever put out. That horrible mc mechanic on Il'gynoth ruins it and the rest of the raid with it. I have lost all motivation to even run Ny'alotha anymore thanks to this frustrating pos.
    I don't like the mc mechanic on Ilgynoth and that fight overall is one I don't like very much, but I think saying it's the worst end of expansion raid is a bit harsh. I'd definitely put it above Dragon Soul and Icecrown Citadel, though I enjoyed Sunwell, Siege and probably also Antorus a bit more. Hellfire is a hard one to rank because it's a pretty cool raid but I did not play it that much when it was current.

Mwoh. I give it a somewhat solid 7 out of 10.

What I *did* like was the callbacks to Deathwing in the final fight and the Carpace leading up to it. Feels like Cataclysm got some closure with N'zoths "defeat", moreso then when we exploded Deathwing himself.
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

Git gud.

10c.

Short answer: No

Long answer: No I don't.

Sure I like some of the bosses in Ny'alotha but my main problem is N'zoth. In my mind I don't see him as "the main villain of the expansion". The story surrounding Ny'alotha was way too short and I don't feel attached to the boss fight. When I'm fighting N'zoth I just feel like I'm fighting a bunch of tentacles. Nothing more. It's no where near the same feeling as you got from Fighting against The Lich King, Ragnaros, Gul'dan, Kil'Jaeden etc.

- - - Updated - - -

That horrible mc mechanic on Il'gynoth ruins it
    What is so horrible about it?

You spread out - See who gets MC'd - and then get them out. It's an extremely basic mechanic in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    What is so horrible about it?
    You need to do mechanics or else no lewtz and you can't just have those couple players carry you as all previous bosses anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You need to do mechanics or else no lewtz and you can't just have those couple players carry you as all previous bosses anymore...
    You feel better with yourself when you act as a bully on a gaming forum ?
    Last edited by Arna; 2020-05-09 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arna View Post
    You feel better with yourself when you act as a bully on a gaming forum ?
    Burner account just for me? I'm flattered.