Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Well, where else would they go? Greece is western, can't send them to Bulgaria, that's Eastern Europe, Slavic, that is like asking for a Milosevich 2.0 to appear if one of those countries are pushed into a corner n have to respond..

As for the Caucasus countries, that direction is away from the West, the wrong direction.

Greece seems to be the only viable option
    Evidently it was the wrong option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That is not what I said, some laws can be authoritarian. Your desire to build straw men, is noted. Let me know when you can argue against what I actually said.

They are welcome in my home, send them to the United States.

You claimed it was "proved false," and called it fake news.

Evidence, please.
    You said laws are authoritarian, we should abolish them.

Give me your address, I'm there in Evros in the weekend, I'll also supply the plane tickets.

Your only evidence is a twitter message. I can say it's fake or planted and we could both be right without any way to know, hence you can't prove it. You can't prove it therefore it can be declared false. I'm not saying it can't be false, but we can't know, can we?

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with machismo, he is libertarian, he represents 0.00000001 of people...

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Evidently it was the wrong option.

- - - Updated - - -

You said laws are authoritarian, we should abolish them.

Give me your address, I'm there in Evros in the weekend, I'll also supply the plane tickets.

Your only evidence is a twitter message. I can say it's fake or planted and we could both be right without any way to know, hence you can't prove it, you can't prove it therefore it's false.
    Great, where exactly did I say that?

The address is the United States of America, you cannot miss it.

You claimed it's fake, that puts the burden of evidence entirely on you. You said it was "proved false." Where's your evidence? It's a shame you keep making baseless claims.

You said:

The first pic was angry islanders being mad at NGOs smuggling people, they used violence which wasn't right and they should face the consequences of the law.

The others were proved false, aka fake news.
    Evidence, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Don't bother with machismo, he is libertarian, he represents 0.00000001 of people...
    Yes, it's amazing how few people support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. We cannot all be ethno-nationalists and authoritarians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, where exactly did I say that?

The address is the United States of America, you cannot miss it.

You claimed it's fake, that puts the burden of evidence entirely on you. You said it was "proved false." Where's your evidence? It's a shame you keep making baseless claims.
    "Some laws can be authoritarian" is what you said. I then called you out on being authoritarian yourself for wanting to abolish the laws you don't like.

I asked the address of your home, maybe you don't want them it turns out? It's OK to admit it, I wouldn't want them either. You're not a racist for not liking people.

The burden of evidence lies upon the articles that made the statement. Not on me for doubting them. Doubt and critical thinking are the cornerstones of western philosophy and by extension, Civilization. They're great and important concepts.

They used a twitter message. Twitter being what it is, I called it fake.

"Some laws can be authoritarian" is what you said. I then called you out on being authoritarian yourself for wanting to abolish the laws you don't like.

I asked the address of your home, maybe you don't want them it turns out? It's OK to admit it, I wouldn't want them either. You're not a racist for not liking people.

The burden of evidence lies upon the articles that made the statement. They used a twitter message. Twitter being what it is, I called it fake.
    So, now YOU are arguing that all laws are authoritarian?

My home is the United States, it's huge... plenty of room. They are all welcome. Heck, you can even come, too. I should note, trying to solicit personal information can get you banned.

The burden of evidence falls on the person making the claim. You claimed it was fake news, and was "proved false." That's your claim. Their claim is the pictures and videos, where's your evidence?

The burden of evidence lies upon the articles that made the statement. Not on me for doubting them. Doubt and critical thinking are the cornerstones of western philosophy and by extension, Civilization. They're great and important concepts.

They used a twitter message. Twitter being what it is, I called it fake.
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/ne...-turkey-border
    https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...-greek-police/

This is not Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO, now you are arguing that all laws are authoritarian?

My home is the United States, it's huge... plenty of room. They are all welcome. Heck, you can even come, too. I should note, trying to solicit personal information can get you banned.

The burden of evidence falls on the person making the claim. You claimed it was fake news, and was "proved false." That's your claim. Their claim is the pictures and videos, where's your evidence?
    That's quite some logic leaps you took there. I'm not under the microscope, heck I love the law, they are the organ of human morality. I'm not authoritarian for wanting to apply the law. You on the other hand, are quite picky with laws, which is the pillar of authoritarianism. Taking authority into your own hands.

OK so we're clear you don't want them at your home per se, just somewhere in your country out of sight, out of mind. Gotcha. Because when one says my home, usually he means his home, not his country.

But the articles made the claim that Greeks killed a migrant, I didn't make a claim originally. I just have my doubts for many reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

It's text alluding to a twitter message as ""evidence"".

That's quite some logic leaps you took there. I'm not under the microscope, heck I love the law, they are the organ of human morality. I'm not authoritarian for wanting to apply the law. You on the other hand, are quite picky with laws, which is the pillar of authoritarianism. Taking authority into your own hands.

OK so we're clear you don't want them at your home per se, just somewhere in your country out of sight, out of mind. Gotcha. Because when one says my home, usually he means his home, not his country.

But the articles made the claim that Greeks killed a migrant, I didn't. I just have my doubts for many reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

It's text alluding to a twitter message as ""evidence"".
    You got caught making baseless claims about me, as well as baseless claims about sources you deemed to be "fake news."

I'm still waiting on that evidence.

I have stated they are welcome in my home, there's plenty of room. As for the rest of that claim, you are full of shit. More fake news from you. You really shouldn't lie so damned often, when it's so easy to look back up at what I actually said.

You can have doubts, but you went past that. You said it was "proved false," and said it was fake news. Mind you, you failed to provide evidence of that, whilst ignoring the evidence that was already presented. In the mother of all ironies, that means you are the pusher of fake news. It's not going well for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I get a speeding ticket, I'm not mad at the police for doing their job, even though I got the wrong end of the stick so to speak.

For the same reason I'm not mad at our police policing our border. It's the law.

Your ideology refrains you from liking police, and you extended it to our own police. Kindly state your bias in the matter and stop being disingenuous.

When I get a speeding ticket, I'm not mad at the police for doing their job, even though I got the wrong end of the stick so to speak.

For the same reason I'm not mad at our police policing our border. It's the law.

Your ideology refrains you from liking police, and you extended it to our own police. Kindly state your bias in the matter and stop being disingenuous.
    Well, that's the mother of all deflections. More baseless accusations, and I expect some evidence to back up all your claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's the mother of all deflections. More baseless accusations, and I expect some evidence to back up all your claims.
    I'll write an article on a random blog and I'll link to a twitter message with a hand drawing, saying we are all reptiles and that there is a giant spaghetti monster governing over us. Because apparently this passes as truth these days, just like that article of the dead migrant.

I'll write an article on a random blog and I'll link to a twitter message with a hand drawing, saying we are all reptiles and that there is a giant spaghetti monster governing over us. Because apparently this passes as truth these days, just like that article of the dead migrant.
    Great, let us know when it's done. I find it odd that you'd need to do such a thing, considering you have already said it was "proved false." Why not use the evidence you claim already exists?

I know that many of you people think screaming, "FAKE NEWS!!!!" is an actual argument, but without evidence, it's simply an attempt to plead willful ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, let us know when it's done. I find it odd that you'd need to do such a thing, considering you have already said it was "proved false." Why not use the evidence you claim already exists?
    I said it 7 times already. If you write up random stuff with no evidence, just a statement from a twitter account, I can prove it false in any court of LAW (sorry for using this trigger word) for being hearsay.

I said it 7 times already. If you write up random stuff with no evidence, just a statement from a twitter account, I can prove it false in any court of LAW (sorry for using this trigger word) for being hearsay.
    So, as of now, you admit you have no evidence, and your claims that it was "proved false" seem to be complete lies.

This is why you shouldn't make baseless claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, as of now, you admit you have no evidence, and your claims that it was "proved false" seem to be complete lies.

This is why you shouldn't make baseless claims.
    My claim is exactly as baseless or truthful as that article. It's sad that we can never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia weighing in, stating Turkey pushed random migrants and not refugees from Idlib unto Greece.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...roundless-ifax

My claim is exactly as baseless or truthful as that article. It's sad that we can never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia weighing in, stating Turkey pushed random migrants and not refugees from Idlib unto Greece.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...roundless-ifax
    No, they had evidence, you do not. It's not exactly the same.

It's sad that you got caught pushing baseless claims. They have pictures and videos... how about you?

Why do you people keep indulging Machismo?

He thinks someone needs to prove a dispositive claim rather than a positive one, that should tell you what wattage of intellect you're dealing with. All he does is clog up topics with inane, pedantic argumentation. Don't let him derail the thread with pointless bickering.

Back on topic, video of Turkish police launching grenades onto the Greek security lines:

https://twitter.com/oulosP/status/12...177184257?s=20

Apparently trying to fake shootings didn't work either so now they have to take more direct actions.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2020-03-03 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Why do you people keep indulging Machismo?

He thinks someone needs to prove a dispositive claim rather than a positive one, that should tell you what wattage of intellect you're dealing with. All he does is clog up topics with inane, pedantic argumentation. Don't let him derail the thread with pointless bickering.
    Except, that videos and images were already given as evidence. That's like someone saying there is a cat on a fence, and taking a picture of a cat on the fence... and someone else yelling "Fake news!!!"

When you make a direct claim that something was "proved false," I expect you to back up that claim. Or, are you entirely unaware of what burden of evidence is in a discussion?

Pictures of Turkish tear gas grenade canisters found on the Greek side of the border:

https://twitter.com/NicAthens/status...143256064?s=20

Turkey has weaponized the migrant crisis and is using them as a proxy army to hit Greece's borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Pictures of Turkish tear gas grenade canisters found on the Greek side of the border:

https://twitter.com/NicAthens/status...143256064?s=20

Turkey has weaponized the migrant crisis and is using them as a proxy army to hit Greece's borders.
    See, that's evidence, thank you.

Yes, this is very much a political ploy by Turkey.