Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Passivism worked to prevent WWII. It will certainly work when dealing with people like Erdoğan.
    So, take out the turkish bases? I agree, wipe them out

Terrorist fortifications in Idlib have ‘merged’ with Turkish outposts – Russian Defense Ministry.

https://www.rt.com/news/482257-turke...orists-russia/
    Published: 4 Mar 2020 | 04:39 GMT

Turkey has allowed its observation posts, established under a 2018 deal with Moscow, to virtually merge with terrorist bases in Idlib, Russia’s Defense Ministry said, amid a Turkish assault against advancing Syrian forces.

“The fortified areas of the terrorists have merged with the Turkish observation posts deployed under the 2018 Sochi agreement,” Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov said early on Wednesday.

Attacks and mass artillery fire on neighboring civilian settlements and the Russian airbase at Khmeimim turned from sporadic to daily.

Europe and the United States have consistently ignored Turkey’s failure to abide by the 2018 deal, the spokesman continued, stating that neither is “interested in the actual humanitarian situation inside and around Idlib.”

All of Russia's official requests to the UN and Western countries – who delivered humanitarian aid across the Turkish border and all of it went not to refugees, but to terrorists – remained unanswered. All we heard were the lamentations about the need to ‘preserve the Sochi agreements at all costs.’

Despite repeated attacks on civilians and clear links to known terrorist groups, Western media have transformed Idlib’s armed factions into so-called 'moderates,' the spokesman said.

“Where among these supposedly ‘opposition’ fighters in the Turkish-controlled zone was [Abu Mohammad] al-Julani – the leader of Jabhat al-Nusra, a terrorist group officially recognized by the UN – together with his nearly 20,000 cutthroats?” he asked.

At a click of the finger, all of Idlib’s terrorists became supposedly the ‘representatives of the moderate opposition’ in the Western media. However, it is not clear how the ISIS chief al-Baghdadi was recently ‘pinpointed’ and killed, according to the US, amid all these ‘moderates.’

Ankara’s ongoing attacks on the Syrian Army as it advances on the terrorist groups amounts to a “violation of international law,” and yet has gone utterly “unnoticed by anyone in the West,” Konashenkov said, despite the latter’s professed commitment to a ‘rules-based order.’

The remarks come amid hostilities between Turkey and Syria in Idlib, which escalated last month. Turkey sent thousands of troops across the Syrian border in an effort to push Syrian government forces out of the province.

Idlib is the last large stronghold of anti-government armed groups in Syria. Turkey was supposed to use the influence it has on some of the groups to suppress jihadists, who are determined to continue fighting, and ensure a lasting ceasefire. In practice, attacks in Idlib continued, and last year Damascus forces went on the offensive, capturing large swathes of land in the south of the province.

Damascus has long accused Turkey of foul play, saying Ankara was fueling violence against Syrian soldiers and civilians rather than curbing it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Don't quote and misrepresent my posts. I don't use the report button often, mainly for adverts, but.... yeah, don't misrepresent my comments.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't quote and misrepresent my posts. I don't use the report button often, mainly for adverts, but.... yeah, don't misrepresent my comments.
    Dude, I made a question mark, n said confrontation is inevetiable, it is. You can't go report people for u wanting confrontation to assume u want confrontation

You said passivism didn't work to prevent ww2, no? Unless u weren't ironical n u think looking the other way when hitler gobbled up czechoslovakia, poland was a good idea, that's what ur reporting me for? Lol???
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-03-04 at 07:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, I made a question mark, n said confrontation is inevetiable, it is. You can't go report people for u wanting confrontation to assume u want confrontation

You said passivism didn't work to prevent ww2, no?
    How do you not get how your misrepresented the post I made?

Edit:
    Never mind, I checked your post history. I get it now.

5+ Year Old Account
    How do you not get how your misrepresented the post I made?

Edit:
    Never mind, I checked your post history. I get it now.
    You made a statement 99% of people assume passivism towards hitler doesn't work.
    Of ALL sorts of examples u could have chosen, u had to choose the one that had war in it (ww2)

Now u come here crying cuz people take u at ur word...pathetic.

Fuck is wrong with this forum...

"Just cuz i talked about war, doesn't mean u should assume i talk about war!! I'mma guna report yuu!"
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-03-04 at 07:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck is wrong with this forum...
    Indeed. Keep on misrepresenting quotes in your posts. Stay strong man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We are waking up. But we won't go to war with Turkey over this. They're our NATO allies, after all. Like it or not, that you have beef with Turkey over Cyprus and the islands at their coastline is nothing we can do anything about.
    The problem here is about incentive and intent. Erdogan is a hard-line Islamist who has slowly been moving towards Russia politically, with the staged coup in 2016 furthering the divide between Turkey and NATO. The fact of the matter is that, whether we like it or not, it's only a matter of time before Turkey leaves NATO. It's probably in our best interest to have Erdogan disposed of and replaced with a more moderate, NATO friendly leader.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

5+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Keep on misrepresenting quotes in your posts. Stay strong man.
    What did u mean then? Sanctions? And as example u chose ww2, cuz that was all about sanctions n not war?

You don't understand ur own examples u bring about n trying to infract people over it, well, if anyone deserves an infraction, it is YOU.

7+ Year Old Account
    What did u mean then? Sanctions? And as example u chose ww2, cuz that was all about sanctions n not war?

You don't understand ur own examples u bring about n trying to infract people over it, well, if anyone deserves an infraction, it is YOU.
    I get that you don't get it. Don't misrepresent me in the process.

5+ Year Old Account
    I get that you don't get it. Don't misrepresent me in the process.
    Nobody is misrepresenting the WORDS, u were using, you just happen to not know which ones to use n decided to report people for not being mindreaders.

You have yet to explain anything you "meant" at no point have you been helpful in the slightest.

Its the general consensus about ww2 that preparation n standing up to hitler militarily more unified would have prevented ww2 going on for long as it did.
    Passivism is the one thing blamed for everything going wrong.
    "peace in our time"

I can't believe I have to explain ur own example, don't u know anything about ww2? If not, why did u bring it up? N try to infract people to defend ur ignorance? This is a toxic way to debate, n now I'm forced to report this since u never explained anything even...

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is misrepresenting the WORDS, u were using, you just happen to not know which ones to use n decided to report people for not being mindreaders.

You have yet to explain anything you "meant" at no point have you been helpful in the slightest.

Its the general consensus about ww2 that preparation n standing up to hitler militarily more unified would have prevented ww2 going on for long as it did.
    Passivism is the one thing blamed for everything going wrong.
    "peace in our time"

I can't believe I have to explain ur own example, don't u know anything about ww2? If not, why did u bring it up? N try to infract people to defend ur ignorance? This is a toxic way to debate, n now I'm forced to report this since u never explained anything even...
    Quit with the bullshit. You twisted my post to say something I didn't say. As you said "Fuck is wrong with this forum." Your quotes are a prime example of what is wrong with this forum. Quit being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
    I never said anything akin to
    That was your misrepresentation of my original comment. Try not to be so hyperbolic in the future.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-03-04 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The problem here is about incentive and intent. Erdogan is a hard-line Islamist who has slowly been moving towards Russia politically, with the staged coup in 2016 furthering the divide between Turkey and NATO. The fact of the matter is that, whether we like it or not, it's only a matter of time before Turkey leaves NATO. It's probably in our best interest to have Erdogan disposed of and replaced with a more moderate, NATO friendly leader.
    He either is a hard line Islamist, or moving towards Russia. You can not be both. Particulary since he sees himself as successor to the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, which did not have the best track record with Russia, including fighting on Crimea. Also, guess, that is particulary the reason, why Erdogan decided, to target primary Greece, instead of Bulgaria, to rather recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Well luckily migrants are nothing but a benefit wherever they end up, so you guys should be thanking him.
    when you sit so high on your high horse of moral virtue signaling that you cant see the crimes of human trafficking turkey is doing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quit with the bullshit. You twisted my post to say something I didn't say. As you said "Fuck is wrong with this forum." Your quotes are a prime example of what is wrong with this forum. Quit being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
    I never said anything akin to

That was your misrepresentation of my original comment. Try not to be so hyperbolic in the future.
    You bring up hitler ww2 in this conversation n u call others for hyperbole for assuming ur line of thought based on ur own words?

7+ Year Old Account
    You bring up hitler ww2 in this conversation n u call others for hyperbole for assuming ur line of thought based on ur own words?
    Again, mis-resprenting what I said. WTF is wrong with this forum? Check your own posts.

Edit:
    Seriously, so easy to throw you to the curb. The posts are there. Quit mis-represeting what was said.

Edit2:
    Hmm, fuck, starting to think I am just feeding a troll.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-03-04 at 09:10 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Again, mis-resprenting what I said. WTF is wrong with this forum? Check your own posts.

Edit:
    Seriously, so easy to throw you to the curb. The posts are there. Quit mis-represeting what was said.
    U talk about hitler/ww2, people assume u talk about war, confront an agressor.
    I gave u a prime example of an issue that is a security concern that needs to be adressed militarily. Its not any news to this forum that jihadists have been launching drones against the Russian air-base in syria, also Russia has often retaliated. Old news.
    Turkey embedding themselves with the terrorist groups puts them in ground zero for retaliation. Erdogan needlessly inserts his country in harms way, risks war due to Russia needing to protect their own troops.

Ur example was passivism doesn't work, confrontation does.

You set the bar, now u come here crying hyperbole.

And u have still to explain where ur line of thought was really meant to take us, meaning ur being disingenous af

You can't go report people for taking u for ur own words n then refusing out of sheer stubborness to explain anything.
    Your first reply should have been "ah no, this is what I meant"
    You have a real talent for defusing arguments pal...then u have the nerve to point fingers at forum after how u behave

- - - Updated - - -

Edit2:
    Hmm, fuck, starting to think I am just feeding a troll.
    That's sn infractable comment. Keep digging yourself into that hole..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You both should really have moved this to PMs a dozen posts ago.
    I agree this is a waste of time, also for mods, guy should just have explained himself, this is so fucking pointless..

7+ Year Old Account
    U talk about hitler/ww2, people assume u talk about war, confront an agressor.
    I gave u a prime example of an issue that is a security concern that needs to be adressed militarily. Its not any news to this forum that jihadists have been launching drones against the Russian air-base in syria, also Russia has often retaliated. Old news.
    Turkey embedding themselves with the terrorist groups puts them in ground zero for retaliation. Erdogan needlessly inserts his country in harms way, risks war due to Russia needing to protect their own troops.

Ur example was passivism doesn't work, confrontation does.

You set the bar, now u come here crying hyperbole.

And u have still to explain where ur line of thought was really meant to take us, meaning ur being disingenous af

You can't go report people for taking u for ur own words n then refusing out of sheer stubborness to explain anything.
    Your first reply should have been "ah no, this is what I meant"
    You have a real talent for defusing arguments pal...then u have the nerve to point fingers at forum after how u behave

- - - Updated - - -
    Didn't mention Hitler. Didn't mention attacking Turkey. Quit implying that I did. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

I haven't, and won't, report people for being disingenuous.

Again, I refer to your question about "Wtf is wrong with this forum?" - look at your own, disingenuous, posts for the answer.

That's sn infractable comment. Keep digging yourself into that hole..
    I don't report people, other than advert's, don't believe I ever have. So, yeah..... Keep chasing that red hearing, or as other's might say, shifting the goal posts.

Edit:
    Fuck, again, I think I am just being trolled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You both should really have moved this to PMs a dozen posts ago.
    Too true. But really, what I should have done, as soon as he started misrepresenting my comments, was ignore him. A third party bringing clarity to the situation: thanks Nymrohd.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-03-04 at 09:47 AM.

Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Why are you here then if you aren't interested, because others are.
    Virtue signaling. They tripped over the map and thought this is something like Mexicans and US when.