Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    useless gear dropping in a raid now very very rarely happens, it's actually more common for that to drop in the wotlk era.
    You sound upset that you can't exploit a dkp system, roflmao.

You actually get more loot/raid for personal loot, don't let emotion cloud your logic.
    I did love the good Ol DKP systems, and miss running GDKP runs where the whole server just got more gold and more people got boss kills back then. I just want the game to be WOLTK or at the very least early CATA. Classes were best BC-MOP. Everything after was hot garbage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I know I didn't start playing an MMO so I could "finish" it. The whole point was that progression was basically never ending. Unfortunately they never quite got that part right for me until recently. I hate logging in to my main with nothing more to progress to. That is when I unsub, and don't come back for months or years.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I did love the good Ol DKP systems, and miss running GDKP runs where the whole server just got more gold and more people got boss kills back then. I just want the game to be WOLTK or at the very least early CATA. Classes were best BC-MOP. Everything after was hot garbage.
    in your wrong opinion, sure.

I'll just drop this here:

I hope his hopes for SL to fix current issues are not misfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

>Preach

PepeLaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

He is incorrect tho.

Game doesn't roll the dice each moonfire tick, that would be retarded.
    Game rolls dices independently of moonfire ticks (and all other spells), it only takes tick/spell time as a reference.
    This is why you have this text in most passive effects: "Your spells and abilities have a chance to trigger..."

For example if you have a trinket that procs passive haste (internal cooldown 1 minute) with a text like this.
    Game already knows when that trinket will activate, more or less because of ICD,
    and if you are past the activation time your next spell will simply activate it.

ICD - internal cooldown.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Real_PPM
    here is more info on this one:

It can proc from any damage/healing event. It keeps track of the last time it had a chance to proc for that enchant.
    It calculates the difference in time since the last chance to proc. It uses that time to determine the chance for that event to trigger a proc.
    For example, if you have 22% Haste, it was 1.4sec since the last chance to proc, and you've got Windsong, then the chance to proc is 2(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 1.4(time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 5.693%.
    The 'time since the last chance to proc' is capped at 10sec, so that your first attack of a fight isn't a guaranteed proc.

There are independant timers

So what is this actually happens:
    for each character and each passive effect procs there are independent dice rolls thu fight.
    When it activates it recalcuates your stats and procs the visual effect or procs effects that does not affect your stats (like gushing wound)
    WHEN you press a spell or dot makes a tick AFTER the internal GCD has ended, it calculates a chance

BUT it ultimately is what makes game slower, the number of passive effects. Removal of snapshotting wasn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    He is incorrect tho.

Game doesn't roll the dice each moonfire tick, that would be retarded.
    Game rolls dices independently of moonfire ticks (and all other spells), it only takes tick/spell time as a reference.
    This is why you have this text in most passive effects: "Your spells and abilities have a chance to trigger..."

For example if you have a trinket that procs passive haste (internal cooldown 1 minute) with a text like this.
    Game already knows when that trinket will activate, more or less because of ICD,
    and if you are past the activation time your next spell will simply activate it.

ICD - internal cooldown.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Real_PPM
    here is more info on this one:

It can proc from any damage/healing event. It keeps track of the last time it had a chance to proc for that enchant.
    It calculates the difference in time since the last chance to proc. It uses that time to determine the chance for that event to trigger a proc.
    For example, if you have 22% Haste, it was 1.4sec since the last chance to proc, and you've got Windsong, then the chance to proc is 2(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 1.4(time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 5.693%.
    The 'time since the last chance to proc' is capped at 10sec, so that your first attack of a fight isn't a guaranteed proc.

There are independant timers

So what is this actually happens:
    for each character and each passive effect procs there are independent dice rolls thu fight.
    When it activates it recalcuates your stats and procs the visual effect or procs effects that does not affect your stats (like gushing wound)
    WHEN you press a spell or dot makes a tick AFTER the internal GCD has ended, it calculates a chance

BUT it ultimately is what makes game slower, the number of passive effects. Removal of snapshotting wasn't the problem.
    I feel like I made the right decision by ignoring this preach video, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    yep.
    It's a personal issue, not a system issue.
    Actually it is system issue. Because those activities are tedius and are designed to be repetead over and over again. So any healthy human would just quit it after a while.

It actually DONT WORK AT ALL for a health person, but system is designed with addicts in mind, like any form of endless progression with ultimate goal being higher numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I used to believe it was them trying to make the game more interesting, but after they've consistently tried and failed to make the game more interesting, whilst having a near constant backlash of "we want pre WOD gearing", whilst on top of that also having Classic be a huge success, i think at this point we can safely say they're just fucking with shit for job security.

If they left the game like it was in WoTLK, then just continued to make patches and expansions that had the same formula of 10 levels, 1-2 new abilities, new tier sets, occasionally new class, Activision probably would've came in and trimmed the fat big time.

Jokes on both of us, i guess, as Activision came in anyway and trimmed the fat, but we've had nonsense like tertiary stats in the game for about 6 years now. Funny isn't it? We used to get pissed off because Johnny can randomly roll sockets on 4 items and get way more haste than you, or 10 extra levels on his trinket.

Now, Johnny can proc a corruption effect on his item that will increase his damage by 15%. Just like that.

Take me back...

This is why i stopped DPSing. Its just boring. The occasional time i swap to DPS spec in raids, one pull i'll do 45k dps, the next pull i'll do 75k. Who finds this shit fun?
    I assume the conversatoins about merging happend waaaaay before the official statement.