Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Perhaps. Perhaps because most people who don't like the game quits. Which is logical. Then the rest finds the game enjoyable or mediocre. That leaves the minority who frequent this "fan"site.
    Well there are few enough refuges for those who don't subscribe any longer or have been banned from the official boards. The News postings here are good.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-29 at 08:33 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    Well i think Taliesin and Evitels Discord is pretty positive and as somebody said, the subreddit seems to be on the positive side most of the year.

But if you are looking for forums, you are gonna meet passionate people and people who play the game a lot, and they will have something to complain about as the game is not perfect. Its like a scientific law, a overload of positivity will lure in a a wave of negativity to balance it out.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try https://www.reddit.com/r/wowcirclejerk/

It's more serious and level-headed than every single other popular wow forum.

I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    Clearly not this one, as you didn't even make it past the title without complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Learn german, our forums seem to be okay or at least try to make some rational arguments instead of stupid whining/hating.

Funny I find wow forums a bit more normal, less hate circlejerk tho there are still people filled will blind hatred.

elitist jerks was the closest thing to what you're thinking of. why not make it yourself. less than 100 users is something who works at mcdonalds could afford hosting/bandwidth/etc. do it up, let us know how it works out. would love to join you.

The only responses here on the official forums you'll likely get are the ones that should be moderated, but never are.

there are postive threads on this site

just stay out General Discussion, OT, Classic, DEFINITELY out of the shadowlands, Politics, and sections of Lore...rest is pretty positive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you cant seriously mean that
    people will complain no matter what, and always have, since vanila, there were complains about every fucking aspect of the game, and there are also complains about shadowlands and things about it that we still have no clue about, and i have also seen people complaining about expansion after shadowlands already...

so no, even if WoW was perfect (which is impossible since people have different views), people would complain
    Considering that the best thing I have read about BfA is "it's not as bad as WoD" I say that the complaining is pretty fucking justified at this point. And it is here to stay at least untill we get a datamineable alpha build. What comes after is anyone's guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    there are postive threads on this site

just stay out General Discussion, OT, Classic, DEFINITELY out of the shadowlands, Politics, and sections of Lore...rest is pretty positive
    You mean the threads targeting other games?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You mean the threads targeting other games?
    The raid thead usually is pretty decent, the pvp one isnt bad, the achivement one is fairly positive and the lore thread isnt a cesspool of wow hate

Ah, an exhibit A. Apparently people that are okay with blizzard feeding them trash lately are also people that want echo chambers and safe spaces and probably censorship as well. What a surprise!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    There is no such thing. Forums already are made up of the most hardcore/ dedicated WoW players - so naturally passions run high. And we rarely voice when we're happy with something, because we're too busy consuming that product. When we're mad however, well all we can do is talk about it.

It's important to remember, even if there are dozens of people on MMOchamp bashing WoW, how many millions are playing the game happily unaware this site even exists
    Oh I know how many millions. One and a half, tops. About one 1/6 of playerbase left from the glory days of Wotlk. But you keep deluding yourself about how great WoW is right now.

How can someone be positive when:
    - game director makes video where he is saying people should not think too much which item is better between 2 items @ 20 ilevels difference, but then puts corruption in the game
    - game director admits legendary system from Legion didn't work well and then puts corruption in the game.

I mean, what's the difference between getting BIS legos in Legion vs. getting BIS corruption in 8.3? Kindof none. In Legions at least people had some bad luck protection. In BFA you can get 5 shit corruptions before you get a good one, and even that can be a rank 1 or rank 2.

The game systems are LOL, they should double the pay for Greg Street and bring him back, game went bad since he left. Or get in a designer with fresh ideas, we have seen what this Ion can do, it's time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Ah, an exhibit A. Apparently people that are okay with blizzard feeding them trash lately are also people that want echo chambers and safe spaces and probably censorship as well. What a surprise!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I know how many millions. One and a half, tops. About one 1/6 of playerbase left from the glory days of Wotlk. But you keep deluding yourself about how great WoW is right now.
    If i enjoy the game the way i play it currently and search for like minded players to enjoy it more what's wrong with that?
    Also not like mmoc is also a echo chamber xD

For example i find the consensus in this forum compared to the german forums compared to NA cesspool forums and compared to reddit interestingly different, why could that be?

Look at the little WoW fanboy/girl needing his/her safe space from the evil meanies criticizing the game.

WoW sucks, deal with it.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

No such place exists.

If you feel positive about the game, you probably wont come much to forums to tell about it. You got less incentive to do so.

Then!

If you feel negatively about the game, you are far more likely to come to forums to complain about it.

There is far less incentive to come talk about the positive stuff than negative stuff. So what you see on the forums is mostly complaints.

Well tumblr is on death's door, so that limits the number of safe-space-echo-chambers. I'll let you know if I find the hell you are looking for .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forums can be quite positive... when there is something to be positive about. Which is why you are seeing very little in the way of positivity this expansion and especially this patch

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but the game is in a bad state:/... I love to talk positive about WoW though and I am having a bit of fun in classic atm. I hope they will come back strong and that Shadowlands will be fantastic, creative, rich and full of quality.

Join an active guild and join their discord server. Not exactly what you're asking for, but there's plenty of communities just playing the game and enjoying it, and discussing it in their own circles.

The problem with wow is that it's a very old game and you have a lot of disgruntled, frustrated morons hanging around public game communities trolling and shitting on the game.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-02-29 at 10:06 PM.

r/wow is what you're after