Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    Twilight Devastation changes probably due to the upcoming MIDI as every team is obviously going to be stacking TD, IMO for MDI they should just removed Corruptions seeing how they mostly have RNG proc rates it makes for a very unfair competition, who has the most "luck" with procs is going to have an advantage
    Might aswell remove trinkets aswell then!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

N’Zoth Assaults
    Added a portal to exit the Pools of Power after defeating Vil’raxx in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

THANK YOU!

Well, I know what I’ll be getting in my cache today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Might aswell remove trinkets aswell then!
    Trinket rppm are pretty balanced and there procs are mostly not overpower, at least no were near the degree Corruptions are, although most will use "on use" trinkets, The Corruption system and the dmg increases from them are all over the place , some proc for no reason at all, the system is broken AF and having it in a supposedly skill based competition is just bad and certainly not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Are people really bitching about the fact they have to buy a Vessel? Because that's really pathetic
    No. It's more like it's a completely unnecessary step that serves no purpose at all. It's kind of sad not to see it because a basic amount of testing already gives out that information.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    Trinket rppm are pretty balanced and there procs are mostly not overpower, at least no were near the degree Corruptions are, although most will use "on use" trinkets, The Corruption system and the dmg increases from them are all over the place , some proc for no reason at all, the system is broken AF and having it in a supposedly skill based competition is just bad and certainly not fair.
    Most corruptions also run on a ppm, tho ofc its more flashy and easier to see when a giant laser procs compared to a buff at the top of your screen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Okay and what is the downside then AFTER you reduce the health pool?

- - - Updated - - -

This is a you-problem and not a tank-problem. A lot of tanks have completed 5-masks solo.
    Yes, with high ilvl, lucky corruption gear, all essences at level 90, back at level 300 and talents tree completed.

The average tank for sure.

For your information there are also people that run 0-100 in less than 10 seconds, if you cannot that’s probably your fault only.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes, with high ilvl, lucky corruption gear, all essences at level 90, back at level 300 and talents tree completed.

The average tank for sure.

For your information there are also people that run 0-100 in less than 10 seconds, if you cannot that’s probably your fault only.
    It's not about being lucky. It's just about being good.

But the same applies to dps players. It's not a tank problem. An average dps player wont be able to complete a 5 mask run either.

The average player (tank, dps or healer) are not be able to complete a 5 mask run right now. If you want to, you just need to get better. Don't ask for nerfs everytime there is content you cant complete.

Tanks are completely capable to complete Horrific Visions in time.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-03 at 04:04 PM.

It's not about being lucky. It's just about being good.

But the same applies to dps players. It's not a tank problem. An average dps player wont be able to complete a 5 mask run either.

The average player (tank, dps or healer) are not be able to complete a 5 mask run right now. If you want to, you just need to get better. Don't ask for nerfs everytime there is content you cant complete.

Tanks are completely capable to complete Horrific Visions in time.
    It’s not a git gud issue, it’s a git over equipped (compared to dps) issue. If we both enter with the same char in the same vision naked, we’ll die roughly at the same point.

And I’m not talking about masks, those are out of question, I am simply talking about a normal full clear.

This is no Dark Souls, gear > skill 9 times on 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I don't disagree, it's just that it took them over a month to figure this shit out.
    As apposed to the almost 2 years it took them to fix the time-walking imbalance... I'd say a month or two isn't even that bad.

It’s not a git gud issue, it’s a git over equipped (compared to dps) issue. If we both enter with the same char in the same vision naked, we’ll die roughly at the same point.

And I’m not talking about masks, those are out of question, I am simply talking about a normal full clear.

This is no Dark Souls, gear > skill 9 times on 10.
    Good players usually also have good gear.

It’s completely untrue that tanks need better gear than dps to finish Horrific Visions. I’m curious what your references are. To be honest it really seems like you know nothing about it. You come of as a player who is just mad that he cannot complete difficult content.

Can I ask you what your ilvl is?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-03 at 05:42 PM.

Good players usually also have good gear.

It’s completely untrue that tanks need better gear than dps to finish Horrific Visions. I’m curious what your references are. To be honest it really seems like you know nothing about it. You come of as a player who is just mad that he cannot complete difficult content.

Can I ask you what your ilvl is?
    Mmm. Usually people that play a lot have a good gear.

I play one hour per day when I’m lucky enough and I’m really struggling. Visions are difficult only because of timer. And beating it is basically a matter of gear. The better gear, the faster you kill, the more “road” you can do before sanity leaves.

I’m always opened for tips and tricks but you should not assume that it’s always “I can’t do this thing = I’m bad” because pgs are not equal in the slightest.

Look for Voldark in the EU Zenedar Realm.

4/5, masks are out of question and since gear comes with masks only, this content is totally useless for us.
    4 mask is easy. 5 mask is entirely possible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZbr09bxgk 5 mask full clear with a rank 10 cloak alt blood dk
    Last edited by sonalita; 2020-03-03 at 07:41 PM.

Mmm. Usually people that play a lot have a good gear.

I play one hour per day when I’m lucky enough and I’m really struggling. Visions are difficult only because of timer. And beating it is basically a matter of gear. The better gear, the faster you kill, the more “road” you can do before sanity leaves.

I’m always opened for tips and tricks but you should not assume that it’s always “I can’t do this thing = I’m bad” because pgs are not equal in the slightest.

Look for Voldark in the EU Zenedar Realm.
    Of course you need good gear to do the hardest content. But this goes for both tanks and dps. You wouldn't be able to do Horrific any better if you went dps.

Tanks are not a problem in Horrific Visions. You just need to get better gear. And if you cannot complete a normal Horrific Vision with your ilvl 456, then it is a "get good" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sonalita View Post
    4 mask is easy. 5 mask is entirely possible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZbr09bxgk 5 mask full clear with a rank 10 cloak alt blood dk
    Cloak level is only a part of the story. Judging by the hp he has he’s at least 465 and seeing the damage, He has corrupted items with good effects. And good essences also. Oh and maybe also gift or the Titans.

Again, it’s entirely possible to do them as a tank with everything in the right place but it should be doable to an extent also for the average joe who is probably not so well set up.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you need good gear to do the hardest content. But this goes for both tanks and dps. You wouldn't be able to do Horrific any better if you went dps.

Tanks are not a problem in Horrific Visions. You just need to get better gear. And if you cannot complete a normal Horrific Vision with your ilvl 456, then it is a "get good" issue.
    One alt I have is a 430 or so rogue with a basic cloak and no talents almost, he can do not much less i can do with the tank. If it was geared like the tank with the right essences and talents it could probably do a full run.

Now, you could say I’m better with the rogue but we both know the truth

Try to do a vision without any corrupted item with a tank and see what happens with your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sonalita View Post
    Alt BDK? That may be so, but I'll link Dratnos' description to give context of how utterly geared his alt DK is.

"This was done last time Orgrimmar was active, with a Rank 10 cloak and 100 corruption of Twilight Devastation, along with a ton of Mythic Ny'alotha gear"

He also had Gift of the Titans, which is the final talent row item. Most serious players have had this for a while on their mains but not many alts I'd wager.

One alt I have is a 430 or so rogue with a basic cloak and no talents almost, he can do not much less i can do with the tank. If it was geared like the tank with the right essences and talents it could probably do a full run.

Now, you could say I’m better with the rogue but we both know the truth

Try to do a vision without any corrupted item with a tank and see what happens with your eyes.
    I have done Visions with tanks. It's extremely easy. I'm sorry to say it, but you're just doing it wrong. With a tank you need to pull bigger of course. But there is nothing wrong with tanks in Horrific Visions. This is 100% a you-problem if you cant do a normal Horrific Vision run. It's extremely easy.

Also, what in the hell do you mean by "no talents almost"? What talents are you talking about?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-03 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Alt BDK? That may be so, but I'll link Dratnos' description to give context of how utterly geared his alt DK is.

"This was done last time Orgrimmar was active, with a Rank 10 cloak and 100 corruption of Twilight Devastation, along with a ton of Mythic Ny'alotha gear"

He also had Gift of the Titans, which is the final talent row item. Most serious players have had this for a while on their mains but not many alts I'd wager.
    It’s a lost battle. They decided tanks can do 5 masks in a breeze, so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have done Visions with tanks. It's extremely easy. I'm sorry to say it, but you're just doing it wrong. With a tank you need to pull bigger of course. But there is nothing wrong with tanks in Horrific Visions. This is 100% a you-problem if you cant do a normal Horrific Vision run. It's extremely easy.

Also, what in the hell do you mean by "no talents almost"? What talents are you talking about?
    Ok, I will try to find a video with a bdk with roughly my ilvl, a standard cloak, no corrupted gear and no gift of the Titans that finishes a vision in a breeze so I can see where I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for the tip!

It’s a lost battle. They decided tanks can do 5 masks in a breeze, so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I will try to find a video with a bdk with roughly my ilvl, a standard cloak, no corrupted gear and no gift of the Titans that finishes a vision in a breeze so I can see where I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for the tip!
    These forums are generally toxic and full of the hyper elite (ot those that claim to be), its best to let things go rather than engage in pointless bickering.

To your points earlier, I can say with relative certainty that if you only do 1 or 2 visions a week you wont be at the point where you full clear yet. Now, the main point is yet. Wow is a game all about numbers, always has been, always will be. If you only play a few hours a week you will automatically be at a significant disadvantage, and the normals for the likes of method raiders aren't applicable to you at all.

You asked for advice, this is the real deal right here. No guides, no videos, no logs or armory data. The most important thing when assessing solo content is constantly checking what you're doing in the moment. Could you pull bigger in the first zone to make things faster? Are you checking potions efficiently while clearing trash (there is a weak aura that identifies all potion types based on the color of the bad potion)? Are you using kbab in optimal locations? What about your orbs? Every orb you use should be positioned to help you make a pull easier and should Not be right before an elite that will restore sanity via elite hunter.

Every run you do should be looked at as progression. This is NOT the mage tower, its a carefully constructed system that shows very clearly where you lack as a player because it punishes mistakes quickly. But it also rewards learning in a much more concrete way for players willing to look at their own performance and adjust it to improve.

Thanks for the tip!
    Why the F are you also going into a Visions with a standard cloak?!

This is the thing, you’re are obviously not doing what is expected to do more difficult content. You’re complaining about gear.. then go get some better gear! You can start by getting a freaking legendary cloak like the rest of the game.

Stop asking Blizzard to nerf content just because you cant figure out to play the game right! This is getting so stupid that I think you might be trolling.

Also, you didn’t answer me about the “talents” you were talking about before? What are these “talents” that you don’t have?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    These forums are generally toxic and full of the hyper elite (ot those that claim to be), its best to let things go rather than engage in pointless bickering.

To your points earlier, I can say with relative certainty that if you only do 1 or 2 visions a week you wont be at the point where you full clear yet. Now, the main point is yet. Wow is a game all about numbers, always has been, always will be. If you only play a few hours a week you will automatically be at a significant disadvantage, and the normals for the likes of method raiders aren't applicable to you at all.

You asked for advice, this is the real deal right here. No guides, no videos, no logs or armory data. The most important thing when assessing solo content is constantly checking what you're doing in the moment. Could you pull bigger in the first zone to make things faster? Are you checking potions efficiently while clearing trash (there is a weak aura that identifies all potion types based on the color of the bad potion)? Are you using kbab in optimal locations? What about your orbs? Every orb you use should be positioned to help you make a pull easier and should Not be right before an elite that will restore sanity via elite hunter.

Every run you do should be looked at as progression. This is NOT the mage tower, its a carefully constructed system that shows very clearly where you lack as a player because it punishes mistakes quickly. But it also rewards learning in a much more concrete way for players willing to look at their own performance and adjust it to improve.
    I’ll admit, I might get a bit too triggered by this guy, but he just stated that he doesn’t even have a legendary cloak. Why would someone go to forums and complain about tank performance before looking at their own performance.. you say it yourself in the end of the post. It’s just something that annoys me when people try to push the blame away from themselves. I might not handle it too well, but I just cannot stand people who refuse to take any form of responsibility for their own performance.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-04 at 07:35 AM.