Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, not to mention that Sylvanas was up to all good amirite.

If not for Greymane we would maybe be in Shadowlands already... Damn it Genn!
    So Genn is indirectly responsible for BfA? Fuck him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Turalyon, High Commander? Uh oh.
    Pathetic. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So Genn is indirectly responsible for BfA? Fuck him.
    Yeah, Morally Greymane did it again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to it. I am not aware of the writer, outside that she wrote some tween books, which I'm fine with, WoW always comes across as a more mature Saturday morning cartoon anyway so I'm cool with that

Now on blizz launcher, prepurchase the right to prepurchase the next retconnovel

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Seriously. Who preorders a book? I mean, what gives?
    *raises hand* -all the time. -Hopefully this time they will actually be delivered on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's cheaper, it doesn't involve the player character so if they wanted all this lore in game it would have to played out through in game cutscenes which cost money.

There's enough in game though to make sense of everything.
    God forbid they give meaning to questing other than kill kill kill gather gather gather for the next new factions of mount and pet sellers

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Lol greyman talking about trust between faction. While he is the last one who tried to assassinate the other faction leader in time of peace.
    And of course, nobody reacts.
    It will be an other retarded book.
    It wasn't an assassination attempt though, it was a fullblown attack with all guns blazing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It wasn't an assassination attempt though, it was a fullblown attack with all guns blazing.
    I think that's what aunduin ments by rash actions having cost them more. I think it was a very low key underhanded dig at genn's actions in stormheim

Maybe I’ll find it on YouTube like the last one..

Nearly the same title as book#4 of Wheel of Time series.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I think that's what aunduin ments by rash actions having cost them more. I think it was a very low key underhanded dig at genn's actions in stormheim
    Very underhanded indeed

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard has only gained the reputation of retconning the validity of the books relatively recently...
    Such as relegating Chronicle as a Titan PoV when it was marketed as being the codification of WoW's lore.
    Or such as making specific character motivations from Before the Storm are incongruent with the oh-so-brilliantly crafted narrative we have going into Shadowlands.
    If you think having a character be incongruent from book to gams is a new thing I don’t really know what to say you clearly weren’t paying attention to the whole flip floating jiana problem of tides of war and war crimes.

Nothing meaningful has changed from when those books were released to now.

never pre-purchase again
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Ah yes, it's that time again, where you get to pay extra to access important story elements that should be in-game...

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine reading books in 2020

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I guess I'm just disappointed that they aren't listening. One of the bigger complaints was how much of the lore and story was delivered OUTSIDE the game. And this keeps doing that.
    Dude, this is promo material. Many games and movies have something like this. Cyberpunk will have something like that. Hell, even Rome II Total War had it for some strange reason (yeah, I know, reason is money).

It's not like they take some lore from game and put it in book. It's filler story that simply wouldn't exist without book; they take mediocre author, show him/her point A and point B and tell "write something entertaining". End of story.

Basically it's for hyped people that read news about SL every day.

I’m fine with books but I really hate how some of the most important story elements are shown in these books. Character development and world building would be fine but key elements should be shown in game.

They completely butchered War of Thorns in game to the point where they had to literally explain what the fuck happened during it and after it and why some people/races were absent. All of this was shown in the book but it was portrayed so poorly in game due to them (I assume) relying on the book that people had no idea what was going on and why certain things were happening. The fact blizz had to clarify a bunch of shit after we got through war of thorns should be proof enough that this doesn’t really work well.

We’ve had books that dealt with things outside of WoW for a long time. Mostly things we couldn’t experience in game for ourselves though. I feel like now that they’ve started writing about stuff that we deal with in game it’s cheapened the in game experience because we absolutely miss things that -could- be included but aren’t.

Edit: Forgot to mention I think the writing is actually good. I enjoyed reading that excerpt personally. I don’t think I’d buy the book because 1. I don’t like the portrayal of things that could and should be in game to only be in a book and 2. I don’t wanna pay for something only to have it retconned a year or two later (in case it might be, like chronicle to an extent). But I do think the writing is good in the books.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2020-03-04 at 02:56 PM.

Sylvanas bad! She abandoned the Horde!

Thrall good! He abandoned the Horde to get some Orc poosay! Wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol imagine prepurchasing a book that will probably get retconned when the expansion launches.
    I mean, what's worse, that or this post being on the front page of MMO-C when it probably is a paid ad...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    how do u kill the loa of death?
    We or bad guys killed like half the Loa in BFA. They aren't particularly strong or powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    But that's the thing: Varian/Anduin were never rulers of the Alliance. They weren't like the Warchief of the Horde, who holds ultimate power over all of the Horde races. The role of the High King (which was already misleading in the name) was to command the armies of the Alliance during the war. Besides that, the Alliance races had a freedom to do whatever they wanted. It was the main difference between the ruling structures of the Alliance and the Horde.
    This is the opposite of the canon lore for Warcraft.

All alliance races bow and kneel to their king. The alliance is a fascist system of government.

The Horde is a collection of federated states. They elect a leader, and anyone can challenge that leader at any time, for any reason. They don't bow, kneel or grovel to a warchief.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Sylvanas bad! She abandoned the Horde!

Thrall good! He abandoned the Horde to get some Orc poosay! Wait...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, what's worse, that or this post being on the front page of MMO-C when it probably is a paid ad...

- - - Updated - - -

We or bad guys killed like half the Loa in BFA. They aren't particularly strong or powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the opposite of the canon lore for Warcraft.

All alliance races bow and kneel to their king. The alliance is a fascist system of government.

The Horde is a collection of federated states. They elect a leader, and anyone can challenge that leader at any time, for any reason. They don't bow, kneel or grovel to a warchief.

Calm it down my dude. Don't wear the bias on your sleeve to obviously.