Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Gurren Lagann episode 4, it's so jarring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Any long running series that has a forced musical episode.

The last episode of Evangelion.

2nd last episode of GoT made zero sense. There where other bad episodes as well but that one really had me upset and confused.
    I honestly prefer the last episode of evangelion to the movie personally, I just like how ambiguous it is.

Can I pick entire seasons?

Game of Thrones S8, from start to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I cant imagine being naive enough to think that the books will ever be finished. GRR is laughing atop a pile of money the size of my house. Hes never going to write again.

- - - Updated - - -

Look up a show called Galavant
    Thats cause he will get a stroke if he moves again. He makes morbidly obese people look fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    All of Season 8 Game of Thrones

Fuck you D&D, you cocks.
    The last season of FIM is in that same boat (it's terrible). The last episode is the single worst episode of ANY show I've ever seen, including GOT, Star Trek Enterprise, and Star Trek Voyager. Absolutely godawful. To the point of being character assassinating. The season overall started off "meh, ok, but nonsensical plot", but once the mid season hiatus ended, each episode got exponentially worse, and then the last one topped all that by an order of magnitude, saying it took the bad up to 11 isn't sufficient. It became a parody of itself and became bad fanfiction. One of those edgy/trollish red-and-black alicorn OC's would not have looked a bit out of place, in fact one of those may have made the episode seem more sensible.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-03-08 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I cant imagine being naive enough to think that the books will ever be finished. GRR is laughing atop a pile of money the size of my house. Hes never going to write again.

- - - Updated - - -

Look up a show called Galavant
    I hope he does, yes, because otherwise that means the turd DnD produced is the official ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    The last season of FIM is in that same boat (it's terrible). The last episode is the single worst episode of ANY show I've ever seen, including GOT, Star Trek Enterprise, and Star Trek Voyager. Absolutely godawful. To the point of being character assassinating. The season overall started off "meh, ok, but nonsensical plot", but once the mid season hiatus ended, each episode got exponentially worse, and then the last one topped all that by an order of magnitude, saying it took the bad up to 11 isn't sufficient. It became a parody of itself and became bad fanfiction. One of those edgy/trollish red-and-black alicorn OC's would not have looked a bit out of place, in fact one of those may have made the episode seem more sensible.
    Never watched it, but I doubt it's as bad as a show that disintegrated 10 years of character development in literally 2 episodes. The Bells was such a shitty episode that there was an entire article on my local newspaper ranting about Dany's fate.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-08 at 07:55 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I hope he does, yes, because otherwise that means the turd DnD produced is the official ending.

Never watched it, but I doubt it's as bad as a show that disintegrated 10 years of character development in literally 2 episodes. The Bells was such a shitty episode that there was an entire article on my local newspaper ranting about Dany's fate.
    Yeah, it disintegrated everything over a season instead of just 2 episodes. But HOO BOY that last episode was bad. It completely derailed everything, made everyone an exaggerated parody of themselves, and read like REALLY BAD fanfiction. The whole thing was an example of trying to shove as much weird headcanon in as they could. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ranchiseAndRun

It was a deliberate attempt to kill or at least divide the fandom.

What you leave behind.

DS9

Such an amazing show brought down by a finale with so much recycled footage and a strange resolution for Sisco.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You like Eric Andre? Gross
    Undoubtedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yes. S1 - S4 was phenomenal
    I agree they were phenomenal, no arguments about that, they are probably my favourite "serious" TV show ever. But most of S5-S8 was phenomenally bad, which is why I can't really call the entire show as "great". That's just my personal opinion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I agree they were phenomenal, no arguments about that, they are probably my favourite "serious" TV show ever. But most of S5-S8 was phenomenally bad, which is why I can't really call the entire show as "great". That's just my personal opinion anyway.
    It had to be great else the disappointment of the subsequent seasons would not have been so immense. The show collapsed under the weight of the lofty expectations it set for itself. Objectively the majority of seasons 5-7 is not better or worse than most of the trash on TV, but the contrast is all the more stark (not intended) because of how good it was at first, and we should take care to remember that.
    /s

I didn't hate Stranger Things in Chicago...

Can you call stranger things a great show?

Its had one good season and the rest has been very lackluster and they dont even know what to do with the characters or story so we just get weird Russian shit.

I havent seen any mention of the Rachel and Joey romance story in friends.

You can defiantly call friends a great show and the romance of Rachel and Joey was just weird and screamed of "what do we do now, we've done every episode"
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    The script is shit. The dialogue is awkward and groan-inducing. The characters have no depth and behave in a way that no human being would, I guess the goal was some kind of portrayal of utopian human society but it just ends up feeling preachy and bland at the same time. The production value is loooooooow, it's B grade at best and far from the later seasons.
    Funny enough I'm currently part way through a rewatch (finishing s3). Had to skip most of s1 and s2. It's almost unwatchable. It's like a different show compared to s3 onwards. I'd say it was lucky to get renewed past s2 (thank god it did!)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Man in the High Castle was a great show until season 4, but then two global superpowers get plot-deviced into the ground in a cringeworthy manner

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any Episode in Angel Season 4 Based solely around Connor and the Beastmaster/Cordelia.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Man... you picked TNG already, I wanted to do Shades of Gray.
    In fairness, Shades of Gray was probably the worst of TNG. Reliving scenes of the worst 2 seasons of TNG was really, really bad.

Let He Who Is Without Sin of DS9 was one of several really bad episodes for that series.

Black Market of Battlestar Galactica was the lowpoint of that series (IMHO, marks about the point where the whole series fell apart).

Rachel, Jack, and Ashely Too was a really bad episode of Black Mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I don't mean to bash Christopher Judge but I'm not fond of The Changeling - Stargate SG-1
    For me the worst Stargate SG-1 is definitely S02E19 - One False Step. Holy singing flora, batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No specific series, but any episode which is;

1) A remash of the season ending episode with some different PoV characters on it. Its essentially a recap and we just don't need it, especially in todays age
    2) Flash back episodes. I hate flash backs when they take up most of the show
    I couldn't agree more. I would add musical episodes and Christmas specials to that list.
    Last edited by Orbrim; 2020-03-10 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How about the one where everyone on Voyager is slowly dying and right at the end we find out they're just slime copies that were always fated to die and they all just disintegrate moments before they can contact the real Voyager so nobody every knows they existed besides an afterthought log of some space debris.
    You know this episode has a bit deeper meaning. First, they did not compromise their principles. Second, if the real Voyager actually went boom in the Delta Quadrant then they might only end up as a footnote in some log. Lastly, it's the struggle that gives your life meaning... not the legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbrim View Post
    ... I would add musical episodes and Christmas specials to that list.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling was amazing!

The Boondocks: A Huey Freeman Christmas is one of the best episodes in the series!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How about the one where everyone on Voyager is slowly dying and right at the end we find out they're just slime copies that were always fated to die and they all just disintegrate moments before they can contact the real Voyager so nobody every knows they existed besides an afterthought log of some space debris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    You know this episode has a bit deeper meaning. First, they did not compromise their principles. Second, if the real Voyager actually went boom in the Delta Quadrant then they might only end up as a footnote in some log. Lastly, it's the struggle that gives your life meaning... not the legacy.
    I liked and disliked the episode. The premise was well done in the sense of the new beings thinking they are the real crew.

What let it down;

1) They actually formed a perfect replica of voyager
    2) The real Voyager scanned the remains and didn't find out what it was. I'm sorry but a life form like that, they would have had a unique signature
    3) The fact they overtook Voyager. We found out the process for them to think they were the real things wasn't instantaneous. So that meant they left the planet x amount of time after Voyager. If they held the same principles as the people they thought they were, they wouldn't have overtaken them.

How the episode should have been done;

Voyager crew left, but also left the being behind supplies. Replicators, shelters etc. The episode starts at a later date and we see how the "jellies" begin to forget who they are and how they become the crew. Then they should have been "rescued" by allies the real crew previously met and convinced them they were the real deal and the impostors stole the ship. The story could have gone on about how they catch up with voyager and a confrontation happens. Only for the Jellies to start disintegrating. The 2nd to final scene could have been Jelly Janeway breaking to pieces in Real Janeways arms telling her "Get our crew home", then have a stereotypical last scene of her self reflecting with Tuvok or the Doc. Or an alternative ending, the surviving Jellies (once they figured out they were actually the duplicates) could have been put into statis until they found another a solution to keep them together or found another demon class planet. This easily could have been a 2 parter

To me, the terrible episode of Voyager wasn't actually terrible. It was terrible because they didn't have a spine to stick to the story and resolve it. So I don't consider cannon at all.

When the Doctor gets activated in an Alien civilization 700 or so years after Voyager appeared there. You know, the one where voyager is a warship. The story was great, the premise was great. But ending it with the Doctor heading out to space to get back to earth; for the next episode to have the doctor in was just a total disservice to fans. He should have been removed completely from the crew (with the episode reflecting back on the previous episode on how the doctor was lost) or it should have been a temporal episode of sorts of how he got back.

But for them just to carry on as normal, with no mention of it was just plain shit
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I liked and disliked the episode. The premise was well done in the sense of the new beings thinking they are the real crew.

What let it down;

1) They actually formed a perfect replica of voyager
    2) The real Voyager scanned the remains and didn't find out what it was. I'm sorry but a life form like that, they would have had a unique signature
    3) The fact they overtook Voyager. We found out the process for them to think they were the real things wasn't instantaneous. So that meant they left the planet x amount of time after Voyager. If they held the same principles as the people they thought they were, they wouldn't have overtaken them.

How the episode should have been done;

Voyager crew left, but also left the being behind supplies. Replicators, shelters etc. The episode starts at a later date and we see how the "jellies" begin to forget who they are and how they become the crew. Then they should have been "rescued" by allies the real crew previously met and convinced them they were the real deal and the impostors stole the ship. The story could have gone on about how they catch up with voyager and a confrontation happens. Only for the Jellies to start disintegrating. The 2nd to final scene could have been Jelly Janeway breaking to pieces in Real Janeways arms telling her "Get our crew home", then have a stereotypical last scene of her self reflecting with Tuvok or the Doc. Or an alternative ending, the surviving Jellies (once they figured out they were actually the duplicates) could have been put into statis until they found another a solution to keep them together or found another demon class planet. This easily could have been a 2 parter

To me, the terrible episode of Voyager wasn't actually terrible. It was terrible because they didn't have a spine to stick to the story and resolve it. So I don't consider cannon at all.

When the Doctor gets activated in an Alien civilization 700 or so years after Voyager appeared there. You know, the one where voyager is a warship. The story was great, the premise was great. But ending it with the Doctor heading out to space to get back to earth; for the next episode to have the doctor in was just a total disservice to fans. He should have been removed completely from the crew (with the episode reflecting back on the previous episode on how the doctor was lost) or it should have been a temporal episode of sorts of how he got back.

But for them just to carry on as normal, with no mention of it was just plain shit
    I never said I hated the episode, personally. It was just a sad, downer ending and I don't like those.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.