Finally ! A movie about a real life Joker (but a French one....) fighting the Nazis !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aZBQCH8IT0

Meet the mime Marceau, usually in the list of the most terrifying clowns ever, a list graced by Pennywise, Kefka and the Joker

(It's not useful to precise, isn'it ?, that he is a French mime…)

It's for the record a true story : the mine Marceau actually fought in the Résistance against the Nazis and smuggled in Switzerland dozens of Jewish children (Marceau was Jewish himself). So it will be a movie about the silent struggle against the Fascist oppressor, which is okay I guess, but not as cool as one in which Marceau would mine one liners as he silently carve his way through the Okkupation.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-03-03 at 10:30 PM.

Sounds interesting, if I have the chance, I'd watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I have never been wrong about a thread being sarahs.

I mean, putting a space between ! and the last word of the sentence isn't even normal in FRENCH.

Also yes this movie was going to be made but it was canned because a clown fighting Nazi's was obviously extremely conflicting even if it actually happened. It's like making a movie about a mall Santa Claus fighting Nazi's.
    So it's not happening?

Aw, damn you OP, now I NEED to see this.

And a mall santa fighting Nazis would be awesome, especially if the mall Santa was played by Billy Bob Thornton.

I have never been wrong about a thread being sarahs.

I mean, putting a space between ! and the last word of the sentence isn't even normal in FRENCH.

Also yes this movie was going to be made but it was canned because a clown fighting Nazi's was obviously extremely conflicting even if it actually happened. It's like making a movie about a mall Santa Claus fighting Nazi's.

(This quite thematically apppropriate proclamations show the correct use of exclamations in French.

It's Les collabos au poteau ! and not Les collabos au poteau!
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-03-03 at 10:42 PM.

Actually it's not only "normal" but it's a requirement. Dunno where you learned your french punctuation but it's time to update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    (This quite thematically apppropriate proclamations show the correct use of exclamations in French.

It's Les collabos au poteau ! and not Les collabos au poteau!
    That's not how we learned in it French immersion in Canada but maybe it's a difference between Quebecois and Parisian french.

Apparently it only applies to punctuation that consists of two parts, not periods or commas.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-03-03 at 10:47 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that like that isn't an awesome idea.

"HE'S MAKING A LIST.
    HE'S CHECKING IT TWICE.
    HE's GONNA FIND OUT... WHO'S NAZI, OR NICE!
    "

More on topic, though... what's wrong with a mime fighting Nazis? Hell, we just had a comedy where a little kid's best friend is imaginary Hitler nominated for best picture at the Oscars. Making fun of or taking down Nazis is, and always should be, in style.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-03-05 at 01:11 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.