Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question rolling alliance on a 70% ally server a bad choice?

what do you guys look for when choosing a new server? how important is faction balance?

my question is rolling alliance on an already alliance heavy server unwise for any reason?

thanks
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Why would that be a bad choice? You have options for guilds and more people to run stuff with.

World pvp is almost non-existant.

A mistake would be to roll horde on a 70% alliance server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what do you guys look for when choosing a new server? how important is faction balance?

my question is rolling alliance on an already alliance heavy server unwise for any reason?

thanks
    Classic is all about being one sided, why would you ever want to be the underdawg when it’s only going to get you camped/less access to pve etc

2 few Alliance or Horde means longer wait for Aq or no Aq.

thanks
    its a hard balance really,if you go with a high aliance % you end up having slow ques,if you roll on a to low aliance one the ques become better but you may end up getting in a bit to many one sided figths in the world,cand affect you with gathering/farming

trying to find as close to a 50/50 would be best,world pvp is pretty pointless anyways thats why i chose a pve srv

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its a hard balance really,if you go with a high aliance % you end up having slow ques,if you roll on a to low aliance one the ques become better but you may end up getting in a bit to many one sided figths in the world,cand affect you with gathering/farming

trying to find as close to a 50/50 would be best,world pvp is pretty pointless anyways thats why i chose a pve srv
    Ques are based off more than one server. So that doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Ques are based off more than one server. So that doesn't really matter.
    oh,classic has the cross realm bgs?i was expecting that to come with naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    2 few Alliance or Horde means longer wait for Aq or no Aq.
    Gotta suck for those 99.9% Horde US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh,classic has the cross realm bgs?i was expecting that to come with naxx
    Yeah. Probably because of so many insanely unbalanced servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I am fairly sure we will see the usall Horde bias and the gates get opened after some time anyway... No changes was thrown out long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    I am fairly sure we will see the usall Horde bias and the gates get opened after some time anyway... No changes was thrown out long ago...
    That happened back then too, after some time dead realms got auto turn ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That happened back then too, after some time dead realms got auto turn ins.
    that happened in tbc i think.

thanks
    For PvE: It's a good choice, since that means there are more players to group up with. More guilds doing runs. More guilds recruiting. Etc.

For BGs: Since they are cross-realm you will get fast queues as Alliance more often than not.

For World PvP: It really isn't a thing outside of random ganking at Flight Paths and elsewhere. There is no Southshore vs Tarren Mill battles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Considering you only need a handful of tryhards with 2nd account that just abuse the neutral AH, i doubt that will be an issue.

Also, you get more Scarab lords on that server, whereas it will be a total shitshow on others because the gates will most likely open ASAP with the 2nd ID (You need two BWL lockouts for the Opening questchain).
    Not to mention that Silithus will turn into a total warzone, whereas on those servers, you just have to compete with your own faction, thus you don't need a small raid to farm those fragments solely for protection.