Coming back to a casual raid guild

Havent subbed since early Legion.
    competitive prog raided on a holy pal since wotlk, switched to shad/disc very beginning of Legion before leaving the game for a few years.
    Have xp on every class with a heal spec, but meh its two or more years removed now I guess.
    Got asked by some old school friends to come back to a casual raid guild few nights a week.

They asked me to play melee, preferably druid or monk.

Asking for pros/cons of these 2 classes in today's WoW, both melee and heals.
    Not looking for "play what makes you happy". idk which would. want to make an educated choice.

Wont be doing anything more than casual raiding, nothing competitive.
    melee mostly during heroic raiding I guess, sounds like. But tbh Ill prob heal in everything else, thats what I prefer.

thx in advance.

7+ Year Old Account
    ill guess if you only play casual it doesnt matter what are you playing... so just pick what you like ?
    The game is more balanced then ever in PvE with minimalistic % difference in DPS/itemlevel

That's an odd choice they give you...

Windwalkers are rather weak; if they don't have another monk it gets it's nieche via "Mystic touch".
    Feral druids on the other hand are locked into choosing to go either go ST or AE damage; but they sacrifice a lot of one for the other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feral, go feral! For the love of god choose feral.

(Druids, in general, best class ever)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Help me choose my class" threads aren't allowed..

But if it's just casual then just pick whatever. Who cares if you aren't doing high-end mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by authority portal View Post
    They asked me to play melee, preferably druid or monk.
    Tell me one reason why would they ask you to do that?

Like seriously, melee is the most oversaturated role in pugs and casual play, why would anyone NEED a melee (and not one like DH that provides mandatory buff) especially when your main spec is healer. Healers are actually harder to come by, this suggestion baffles me a lot.

There are thousands of players who want to play melee but yeah let's ask the guy who prefers to play healer to roll one?